Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biri

Imperial Majesty
City
Warsaw
Country
Poland
Now that the engagement has been announced, I think we can start the equivalent thread.

First I give my suggestions:
Wedding in May
In St. George's Chapel in Windsor
Traditional Anglican Wedding (like Eugenie's)
Matron of Honour: Eugenie
Best Man: a friend of Edoardo (I don't know if he has any siblings).
Wolfie included among Bridal attendants (and Beatrice's godchild if she has any).

:previous:
Maybe the wedding will be in April.
Easter is early (April 12) so it could easily be managed.

Wedding at Windsor is most likely, but I wish there could be another Abbey wedding. Guess I'll have to wait for George!

Her ring is pretty, but not as unique as Eugenie's or Gabriella's.

And first of all - let's hope her grandparents will still be here by then!

I believe he has at least one sister. Does the Church of England require the bride's and groom's respective attendants to be of the same gender as them?

Certainly a Tiara, possibly her Mothers, or something unseen [for aeons] from the vault, or do the Counts of Mapelli-Monza have a family tiara ?

Certainly a Tiara, possibly her Mothers, or something unseen [for aeons] from the vault, or do the Counts of Mapelli-Monza have a family tiara ?

I am really hoping for her mother's tiara as well (just a bit worried it may have been sold :eek:)

^Pretty sure that would have made Headlines.. so I think it unlikely to have been sold.

I expect them to get married at St. George’s in Windsor, but I’d be thrilled with another venue.
I’d have love Italy (a nod to Edo’s Italian heritage), but I understand with the advanced ages of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh that may not be an option.
Maybe York Minster (since she’s Princess Beatrice of York) or any other chapel/church with some royal provenance.
As for bridal attendants - I certainly see Eugenie in a role similar to what her sister played at her wedding. For the bridal party, I think we will see Edos son, and the Cambridge children though overused are a strong possibility. I would like someone from the Fergusson family represented instead (do they have any cousins or nieces and nephews?).
I expect Edo’s family to be well represented as well.
I really don’t want to see Beatrice in the York tiara (as gorgeous as it is). I’d love for her to wear a tiara that hasn’t been seen in long from her Majesty’s vaults. Eugenie did surprise us with that beautiful tiara.

I would love to see the York tiara worn ...fingers crossed. I'm going to say St George's in April or May. But you never know, they could do things differently and go for summer.

LaRae

I'm still going to stick my neck out and hope for Westminster Cathedral.

Its a Catholic neck, might not be safe ;)

I think it would likely be deemed "too grand" BUT I would love love love Yorkminster for a York wedding. I am rather over St George's tbh. But it will likely be St G's though.

As it is...I would be honestly interested if Bea's wedding comes anywhere close to being the scale of Eugenie's wedding though which was already itself not the scale of weddings of the Wales' Branch or the weddings of HRHs of yesteryear. I think optics wise given everything going on, smaller would be better but the Yorks have never cared much for optics, so to speak.

I am hoping we get the York tiara, but I've long suspected it may have left the family's possession. Hopefully not! It would be nice to see it again although I also delight in thinking about what beauties we would see from the vault.

I think it will likely be in the May-June timeframe of next year regardless.

Last edited:
I believe the wedding will take place at St. George's Cathedral in Windsor. I believe it will be in April or May.

The advantage of having the wedding at a royal peculiar is it gives HMQ direct control over the affair. I’m wagering St Georges chapel plus hoping for Prince George and Princess Charlotte to be involved.

I think it would likely be deemed "too grand" BUT I would love love love Yorkminster for a York wedding. I am rather over St George's tbh. But it will likely be St G's though.

As it is...I would be honestly interested if Bea's wedding comes anywhere close to being the scale of Eugenie's wedding though which was already itself not the scale of weddings of the Wales' Branch or the weddings of HRHs of yesteryear. I think optics wise given everything going on, smaller would be better but the Yorks have never cared much for optics, so to speak.

I am hoping we get the York tiara, but I've long suspected it may have left the family's possession. Hopefully not! It would be nice to see it again although I also delight in thinking about what beauties we would see from the vault.

I think it will likely be in the May-June timeframe of next year regardless.

Would love to see her wedding at York Minster but I think it will be St George's and I definately hope she wear's the York tiara! If they sold it ..it has been kept very quiet.

LaRae

I would like someone from the Fergusson family represented instead (do they have any cousins or nieces and nephews?).

Of course they do:
Aunt Jane Ferguson and her children Seamus Makim (probably married and with children), Ayesha Specker, nee Makim (married) and Heidi Ludecke.
Half-uncle Andrew Ferguson (newly married)
Half-Aunt Alice Ferguson (married, probably with children)
Half-Aunt Elizabeth Ferguson (newly married)

But if those children were not included as Eugenie's bridal attendants, I doubt they will be as Beatrice's.

I expect Edo’s family to be well represented as well.

Me too: I wonder if his dad will be present at the wedding, what kind of bond do they have.
My update: among bridal children - included Natalia's child(ren) if she has any.
Best Man will be probably Albermarle Shale, Edo's half-brother.

Probably same scale and setting as her sister's. Is winter wedding common for BRF? Would be nice to have one.

Tiara! Always hope she will use QM's Fringe or Sapphire Bandeau. Or anything but her mother's (never a fans of that one :ninja:)

Probably same scale and setting as her sister's. Is winter wedding common for BRF? Would be nice to have one.

Tiara! Always hope she will use QM's Fringe or Sapphire Bandeau. Or anything but her mother's (never a fans of that one :ninja:)

I think rather than a tiara something akin to hair band/ slide , having said that a I do mean a glamorous jewelled one.

I do think that Beatrice's grandparents are going to be the determining factor in picking the venue for the wedding. With this in mind, I'd bet my last cold turkey sandwich that it will be St. George's Chapel in Windsor and the date will be around a time when the Queen is in residence. I don't see Beatrice having her wedding anywhere where her grandparents would have to travel to be there, possibly find overnight lodging and such. At St. George's, if the Queen is in residence, that also opens up to having a reception afterwards in Windsor Castle. It just seems more logical that Bea and Edo will opt for this.

I too think Beatrice will have a wedding similar to Eugenie's.
St. George's is probably easiest for the Queen, so that will have an impact. (The Queen has never missed a wedding there).

To be honest, after three Windsor weddings in a row, I'd really like to see an alternative.

I don't think Beatrice will wear her mother's tiara, since I suspect it is no longer available. I've thought so ever since Eugenie borrowed one from the Queen.

Would love to see her wedding at York Minster but I think it will be St George's and I definately hope she wear's the York tiara! If they sold it ..it has been kept very quiet.

LaRae

I agree the York Minster and York tiara would be great for Beatrice! My feeling is perhaps neither will happen. But a beautiful tiara from the vault will be great also.

To be honest, after three Windsor weddings in a row, I'd really like to see an alternative.

I am in total agreement - as lovely as St George's Chapel is, my choice would be York Minster.

It won't be York Minster, although I used to want it a lot for the York Princesses. They don't have any particular connection to the area (unlike Windsor) and whilst not as busy as London there would be a lot of moaning about the cost of rerouting traffic, security and grandiosity during a time of (probable) austerity and York family scandal. And whilst there are places to rent to host a reception, at Windsor they have the castle and Royal Lodge right there, already under tight control.

We don't know if Edo is a practicing Catholic but even if he was I don't think Westminster Cathedral would be an option for the granddaughter of the Supreme Governor of the Church of England. Would a Catholic blessing be an option if they wanted it? I know it's a sacrament but it isn't in the COE.

Destination wedding in Italy? I doubt it, both because of her grandparents and Edo has lived his life in the UK and by all accounts was much closer to his step father than his biological father.

It would be nice to know her mother's tiara has not been sold. Though I think Eugenie wearing the one she did had more to do with it being completely stunning than anything else.

Last edited:
York Minister. Although my dream is to see a palace wedding with inside coverage. I’d like to see Beatrice use her mother’s wedding tiara, too.

Now that the engagement has been announced, I think we can start the equivalent thread.

First I give my suggestions:
Wedding in May
In St. George's Chapel in Windsor
Traditional Anglican Wedding (like Eugenie's)
Matron of Honour: Eugenie
Wolfie included among Bridal attendants (and Beatrice's godchild if she has any).

I don’t know if Edoardo is Anglican. If not, maybe they will choose an ecumenical service.

for tiara- I'll go with the York tiara. As the eldest daughter it stands to reason that Beatrice will inherit it. That's why I previously predicted Eugenie would wear a different tiara.

for venue- I'll go with St. Margaret's Westminster. That's as close to the Abbey (her parents venue) as she'll get. It's been used before by David Armstrong-Jones. Plus I think they'd like a London wedding. Maybe a lunch reception at Buckingham Palace. Then the next day her parents could host a party at Windsor Lodge.

For the date - April-June . I lean towards the latter end.

Like Eugenie I think there will be a lot of young members of the BRF in the wedding party- Savannah, Isla, George, Charlotte, and Mia. Maybe even Louis and Lena if the wedding date falls after their 2nd birthdays. I can see Eugenie being her "Matron of Honor".

I agree about St. George's, it is a stunning venue but I'm kind of fed up looking at it now. York Minster would be a glorious church to marry in and the architecture inside would be breathtaking to see on television. Unfortunately I don't see it happening. I am also curious about the carraige ride after the ceremony .There was a lot of anger that taxpayers had to foot a multi million pound security bill for the last one so perhaps the Yorks will cover the cost themselves this time if it goes ahead. Andrew is more unpopular than ever so I think public funding for it would cause even more anger this time around.

Yeah I am hoping for some place other than St. George.
It is lovely but we have been blessed with three in the last year so far.

I would love for the wedding to be at York Minster, but there is no way that Beatrice will inconvenience her beloved "Super Gran" so St. George's Windsor it will be.

I don't think any of her attendants will be adults, like Eugenie she will adopt the traditional aristocratic Brit practice of having all children with little Wolfie Mapelli-Mozzi perhaps being in the party. I love George and Charlotte but they are a little bit over exposed for family weddings at this point. I would adore to see little Prince Louis make his wedding debut, won't he be approaching 3 years in Spring 2020? Maybe a bit young?

I don't think this wedding will be a bit subdued. I suspect it will be just as lavish as Eugenie's and then some. I expect to see a few foreign Royals like Beatrice's old school chum Prince Amadeo of Belgium and Princess Elisabetta, and former PM David Cameron as well. I also would not be surprised to see nuptial celebrations taking place in Italy after the wedding in England.

If Edo is at least a nominal Catholic, perhaps a priest or bishop can impart a Nuptial blessing at the service.

As for her tiara, for sentimental reasons I am hoping for the York tiara even though I never found it particularly impressive.

I think ...I hope....that her bridal gown will flatter her classic feminine body and be fitted tightly in the bodice and have a very full skirt with a bustle and a long train veil. I hope to see a champagne/ivory shade, which will look glorious with Beatrice's coloring.

I am very excited for this wedding, which I am almost sure will be about 7 mos from now(April);)

Last edited:
I think ...I hope....that her bridal gown will flatter her classic feminine body and be fitted tightly in the bodice and have a very full skirt with a bustle and a long train veil. I hope to see a champagne/ivory shade, which will look glorious with Beatrice's coloring.

That sounds very pretty.
I think touches of apricot/coral, perhaps in the bridesmaids' sashes and the floral arrangements, would also work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom