Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For her wedding bouquet, Queen Victoria carried a small posy of snowdrops.Do you think Princess Beatrice might have snowdrops in her bridal bouquet?

We only get snowdrops in February. Queen Victoria may well have chosen them because there are very few other flowers around at this time of year - although I love them, and they'd look very pretty in a bridal bouquet. I suppose some clever gardeners could produce some in May, though!

I could not agree more with everything.? Despite it's relatively small size, I am thrilled with the choice of St.James Palace for the wedding. It's ancient, stately and fairly oozing with Royal history. The ceremony itself can be witnessed by the most important people...the family of the bride and groom.

Yes - it seems fitting for Beatrice. Sarah would know the royal history of St. James' - she's a Queen Victoria enthusiast. Queen Victoria was married there, and Beatrice had a cameo in The Young Victoria. She also looks more like Victoria than any of the other modern royals. So overall, I think the history of the chapel makes it a nice/unique choice (considering most recent royal weddings except Zara's have been at St. George's Chapel).

For her wedding bouquet, Queen Victoria carried a small posy of snowdrops.Do you think Princess Beatrice might have snowdrops in her bridal bouquet?

Queen V had a winter wedding. Since Beatrice will marry in the late Springtime, i hope her bridal bouquet will reflect that season.;)

Queen V had a winter wedding. Since Beatrice will marry in the late Springtime, i hope her bridal bouquet will reflect that season.;)

Spring is the season that comes alive and there are lots of beautiful flowers blooming - I too hope Beatrice chooses a seasonal bouquet. I've always wanted to have a spring wedding; just so I could decorate the venue with the seasonal flowers.

It would be worth getting married in early April just to have a bouquet of lovely yellow daffodils :). Lots of lovely flowers in late May too - I hope she chooses those, rather than just white and green.

Yahoo news site is reporting that Beatrice and Edoardo are enforcing a strict 'No wedding gifts" policy for their nuptials. They want donations to two special charities instead.

IF this story is true, they have moved to the very top of my Favorite British Royal Couple poll.?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/strict-rule-princess-beatrice-enforcing-125500139.html

ETA: Alison, yellow daffodils for a late Spring wedding would be incredibly beautiful!

Yahoo news site is reporting that Beatrice and Edoardo are enforcing a strict 'No wedding gifts" policy for their nuptials. They want donations to two special charities instead.

IF this story is true, they have moved to the very top of my Favorite British Royal Couple poll.?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/strict-rule-princess-beatrice-enforcing-125500139.html

ETA: Alison, yellow daffodils for a late Spring wedding would be incredibly beautiful!

No if about it. A least with Big Change.

Confirmation from the charity website

http://www.big-change.org/wp-conten...ests-to-support-charity-Big-Change-110220.pdf

Makes sense. While she has a number of patronages, Big Change is different. She founded it with the Branson kids and a friend or two. It's often what she does her marathons and such for.

No confirmation from Cricket but not shocking they would support the two charities they are personally hands on with, not simply patron.

Not to say their personal family and friends may not give gifts too. But yes it's great to see people with such wealth asking for donations instead.

Here are some possibilities for church flowers.

Those designs are really dated and I imagine Beatrice will have something currently fashionable, which is to have a more natural look.

Based on what I have seen of the Chapel Royal, if I was in charge of decorations I would select a floral design filled with off/white, cream, and yellow jonquils to offsite the golden interior of the Chapel mixed with accents of spring greenery.

I would encourage Beatrice to choose a champagne coloured bridal gown (same as her mother) to complement both her natural coloring and the gold/cream/yellow wedding decorations. A pearl tiara would cap the whole effect nicely.

Last edited:
:previous: Oh yes....PERFECT for the scene I described!!!?

But I am not sure she could or would expose her shoulders and decolletage that way in church.

Last edited:
:previous: Oh yes....PERFECT for the scene I described!!!?

But I am not sure she could or would expose her shoulders and decolletage that way in church.

I agree that she wouldn't go for that exact design because she'll need something that shows far less up top based on BRF traditions and the modesty standards of a wedding in the Chapel Royal, etc. However, that gold embroidery is absolutely stunning. If she were to incorporate that it would be a beautiful and unique touch.

Based on what I have seen of the Chapel Royal, if I was in charge of decorations I would select a floral design filled with off/white, cream, and yellow jonquils to offsite the golden interior of the Chapel mixed with accents of spring greenery.

As the wedding is the very end of May, that's usually early summer here and too late for daffodils (you call them jonquils?). The British-grown flowers in season at the end of May include the two big wedding favourites: roses and peonies. Other British-grown flowers for late May can include lilacs, lavender & sweet peas (amongst many varieties). Beatrice might not choose British-grown flowers of course, in which case she could have almost anything flown in. I hope she chooses the environmentally friendly option by using flowers & foliage grown locally (some from Windsor perhaps) & supports British flower growers.

? I thought several royal couples asked for no presents and rather a donation to charity

? I thought several royal couples asked for no presents and rather a donation to charity

Working royals like William and Harry did for their weddings. They are public figures who gets funding. It was seen as proper they didn’t encourage gifts but gave back instead.

Beatrice on the other hand is like her sister, Peter and Zara. For all her title, she is not a working royal. Her and her fiancé pay rent and work. Like her sister and cousins she could have accepted wedding gifts and really no one could say much. But the couple have chosen to go the charity route instead.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...-will-include-a-regal-garden-tent/ar-BB108cOf

Not sure how accurate this is, but a glass structure such as Pippa had would be an elegant choice for a garden reception.
So I hope the article is correct.

The article says perhaps Beatrice will have a glass marquee like Pippa did. Any of us could write that. Perhaps she'll have boho tipi tents. Perhaps she'll have traditional white marquees (they'll have more than one). Perhaps they'll have a combination of different styles of marquee adjoining each other.

Thinking logically, its been reported that the wedding reception will be held in the gardens of Buckingham Palace. Seeing as the Queen hosts garden parties there yearly, most likely for the reception, they'll use the the tents that BP already has for the garden party.

Its also been reported that, at times, BP rents out their garden party tents so it just seems logical to me that they'd use their own tents rather than up the expenses of the reception by getting something totally different.

JMO, of course.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...rty-tents-to-help-pay-for-catering-costs.html

Springtime weather in the UK is tricky, just as it can be here in the US. In the unfortunate event of pouring rain, I wonder if they will have already decorated the State rooms so that the guests can be moved indoors at a moment's notice?

In any event, I am hoping that Bea and Edo will have the glorious sunshine that Harry and Meghan had at their May wedding.?

If it rains, they'll have cover under some kind of marquees. They won't need to go indoors.

:previous: Oh...that makes sense. Thank you.

A traditional English garden party or garden wedding reception almost always has some kind of marquee, usually for serving the food & drink but also useful as a shelter. Often they are large enough for a seated meal but if it's a buffet, the kind of marquee used by HMQ at her garden parties would suffice (although Beatrice might prefer something different - HMQ's marquees are a bit too 'corporate event' for me).

In any event, I am hoping that Bea and Edo will have the glorious sunshine that Harry and Meghan had at their May wedding.?

I am too :flowers:. But I'm sure they've got a Plan B in the event of wet weather - it can decide to pour down at any time of year!

A traditional English garden party or garden wedding reception almost always has some kind of marquee, usually for serving the food & drink but also useful as a shelter. Often they are large enough for a seated meal but if it's a buffet, the kind of marquee used by HMQ at her garden parties would suffice (although Beatrice might prefer something different - HMQ's marquees are a bit too 'corporate event' for me).

Which brings me to my next question...I wonder if HMQ is hosting a buffet, a sit down lunch, or a canapes and champagne reception? How many guests can the Buckingham Palace gardens accommodate.

Which brings me to my next question...I wonder if HMQ is hosting a buffet, a sit down lunch, or a canapes and champagne reception? How many guests can the Buckingham Palace gardens accommodate.

I went back and looked at previous garden parties and she had hosted 8000 people at a sit down garden party. So if Beatrice has the kind of guest list for her reception her sister or cousins did it won’t be an issue.

Completely agree, as this will come just before garden party season I suspect they will use similar tents/marquees so they can stay up ready. Guests at garden parties only walk through the Palace from to back but eat, drink, use the facilities in the garden area not the Palace so I suspect they will copy that for the party/reception.

My money is on HM hosting canapés or some sort of afternoon tea but not a sit down full on meal as I don't think she did that for the other grandchildren and I think she will follow the same set up - stand up reception with canapés etc hosted by her and then an evening party/dinner sorted by the couple or their parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom