The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 04:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
She doesn't seem to spend much time in NYC; I think it is more a sinecure, and so she may just keep it.
Since she started her job she lives Between London and NYC, although like you said she seems to be more in London at recent tech events. She is still very much a representive/ambassador for Affiniti what you want to call it , she seem to have a long term plan with her job judging by this article. link

Old 12-16-2019, 04:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Or move to NYC together with Edo.
His business is London based though he does take on clients from all over the world. Don't see why they have to move anywhere if London is where they want to be, they don't paticulary seem banished by their circle of friends and family.

Old 12-18-2019, 07:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Supposedly this is Princess Beatrice and Edoardo’s Engagement Party-
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-friends.html

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-18-2019, 09:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hmmm....so the party did indeed take place tonight as the Fail originally announced that it would be...before they announce that it had been canceled?

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-18-2019, 09:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

However didn't she change the venue?
Old 12-18-2019, 10:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to the Fail she switched the venue AND the date...but neither turned out to be true.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-19-2019, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Some of the guests surprised me.

I expected the Middletons would be there, and people like Guy Pelly and Ellie Goulding, but...Robert De Niro?

No Royal guests except Eugenie and Lady Gabriella Kingston.
Old 12-19-2019, 09:47 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

I expected the Middletons would be there, and people like Guy Pelly and Ellie Goulding, but...Robert De Niro?

Yeah, Robert De Niro is an odd friend. Especially with the age difference. I'm more surprised the Bransons weren't there. I thought they were really close to Beatrice. Maybe they were closer during the Dave years, since he was an employee but still..
Old 12-19-2019, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Yeah I would have thought her cousins would have went but maybe she isn't that close to them. It's a bit funny too that she seems really friendly with Pippa and James but not particularly with Kate.
Old 12-19-2019, 10:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
Yeah I would have thought her cousins would have went but maybe she isn't that close to them. It's a bit funny too that she seems really friendly with Pippa and James but not particularly with Kate.
It is entirely possible that William & Catherine chose not to be seen publicly at the evening. Interesting that the Tindall's did not attend either.
Old 12-19-2019, 11:00 AM
Aristocracy

There may be a private party for family members....we probably will not know especially if it is at one of the castles or estates with all the Christmas parties going on. Beatrice needs to be left alone and release pictures when she is ready or wants to. Her dad caused enough harm.
Old 12-19-2019, 11:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I think this could be a couple things. First, William was said to have disliked Dave which the media said made William's relationship with Bea "frosty". If things are strained with William you aren't going to become close to his spouse. Second, it could be that Pippa and James are closer to Edo than Bea. Edo is good friends with Charlie Gilkes (James Middleton's best friend), Pippa is close to Charlie too. Kind of like how Pippa and James are close to Tom Kingston so they attended Lady Gabriella's wedding. People were wondering how Ella befriended them without realizing the Tom connection. Since Bea didn't attend Pippa's wedding, I think Edo could definitely be a factor here.
Old 12-19-2019, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Since Bea didn't attend Pippa's wedding, I think Edo could definitely be a factor here.

Yes, but Eugenie and Jack did attend Pippa's wedding while Edo didn't.
So I doubt he is the connection.

(Beatrice may not have attended because that was around the time of her split from Dave).
Old 12-19-2019, 11:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Yes, but Eugenie and Jack did attend Pippa's wedding while Edo didn't.
So I doubt he is the connection.

(Beatrice may not have attended because that was around the time of her split from Dave).
Actually we don't know if Edo attended. He wasn't "famous" at the time so the media wouldn't have taken his pic or identified him.

As for the last part of your post, Beatrice and Dave broke-up July 2016. Pippa married May 2017. I don't see how a 10 month old split would affect an attendance.

Also for the Edo connection, I should note that is was Edo that congratulated James and Alizee through social media on their engagement, not Beatrice.
Old 12-19-2019, 11:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

I didn't expect any Midds except maybe James, who is good friends with Edoardo

ETA: According to the Fail article Pippa was indeed in attendance. But they are apparently SO desperate for inside dish about the party that they are soliciting information with an email address to be contacted at the end of the article.

Old 12-19-2019, 01:15 PM
Serene Highness

It’s always fascinating to see who knows who well enough to be invited to smallish events such as these. I’m pleased to see so many well known people attending and supporting Bea and I’m actually a bit surprised that Andrew had enough self awareness to be absent so as to not divert attention from his daughter’s celebration. The absence of any Branson is very odd, especially since Holly and Bea started that charity together - could they possibly be out of the country for the holidays at the moment?
William and Catherine not being there is no surprise, they rarely are reported to be at these types of gatherings. I’m sure they’ll be at the wedding.
Old 12-19-2019, 01:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Its very possible too that this engagement party was held for a specific group of people rather than an all embracing party for everyone that is close to Beatrice and Edo. I would imagine that this couple have friends and associates and acquaintances that would fill a huge dictionary type of an address book.

Perhaps this party was planned and the invitations went to those people that wouldn't necessarily be deemed "close personal friends of the couple" but those people that have been involved with either Beatrice or Edo or both of them in some way. DeNiro may have been instrumental in helping raise awareness for a charity or in some way, had a good connection with the couple. Not enough of one though that he would be invited to a party celebrating the engagement with close friends and family but close enough to warrant being invited to *a* party.

My first marriage was like that. Engagement party for close family then a wedding shower for friends and a separate wedding shower for family. Different aspects for the guest lists. The actual wedding was small and many of the guests at the different pre-wedding parties were not invited or were unable to attend.

This engagement party may be just one of a few with the others not being known to the public.
Old 12-19-2019, 03:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
It’s always fascinating to see who knows who well enough to be invited to smallish events such as these. I’m pleased to see so many well known people attending and supporting Bea and I’m actually a bit surprised that Andrew had enough self awareness to be absent so as to not divert attention from his daughter’s celebration. The absence of any Branson is very odd, especially since Holly and Bea started that charity together - could they possibly be out of the country for the holidays at the moment?
William and Catherine not being there is no surprise, they rarely are reported to be at these types of gatherings. I’m sure they’ll be at the wedding.
Yeah, the lack of Bransons was the first thing I noticed and commented on. That threw me for a loop but like you said they may be out of the country. I assume that's the reason their American friends like Mikey Hess, Karlie Kloss, Ashton Kutcher etc aren't there. It's too close to the holidays for a transatlantic party visit.

I'm also assuming there were non-famous guests that weren't pictured. Because it would be surprising if people like Inskip, Astrid Harbord, and Edo's brother and sister and parents were absent.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I presume that none of Beatrice's relatives around her generation (i.e. her sister Eugenie, the Cambridges etc) were there, otherwise I can imagine they would've been photographed. I'm guessing this was more of a party for friends? (We all know Sarah likes going to any clubbing and partying events her daughters go to...)

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-19-2019, 07:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I presume that none of Beatrice's relatives around her generation (i.e. her sister Eugenie, the Cambridges etc) were there, otherwise I can imagine they would've been photographed. I'm guessing this was more of a party for friends? (We all know Sarah likes going to any clubbing and partying events her daughters go to...)
Eugenie was said to be there just not pictured.

I don't think age wise the York girls were that close to William or Zara and Peter. Different stage of life. I expect them at the wedding but not shocked not to see at a private small engagement party.

If Harry and Meghan weren't away I'd expect they'd be there. Harry has always been close to the Yorks.

My only surprise was no bransons. Beatrice helped found Big Change with Holly and Sam, and is always close to Holly. Maybe they are out of town.

I'd be surprised if at least one Branson grandkid is not in the wedding.

As for the suggestion they move to New York I don't see why they would want or need to. Beatrice travels to New York for work but London is her base. Edo not only has his career in London but the obvious thing people oddly don't mention.... His son. I don't see him moving away from Wolfie.

Closed Thread