Andrew's future outside of the working BRF

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What are your opinions on Royal Lodge, do you think he will be asked/told to move to something less expensive to run. Also Royal Lodge was a family home of the Queen when younger also her mother's home in later life so close connections there.
I had read somewhere a few months ago that William wanted it and I thought no , he will not be permitted to tell Andrew to move on , now I am not so sure.
There are newspaper stories that William wants to move to Windsor.
Love to read your views.

Depsite Andrew having a long lease on the property, I do not think a decision on the future of Royal Lodge will be made till after the case is decided or settled. Depending on how badly it all ends for Andrew, it may well be that the family do need to find a different home, perhaps one that is cheaper to run and requires a lot less staff.

I expect that he might not be allowed to walk behind the coffin - but he will be in the church just ushered in later.

He did walk behind the coffin of his father and technically the situation hasn't changed: he has been accused but not been convicted of anything.

Barring any bombshell like Andrew being photographed committing a crime, or irrefutable evidence that he knowingly had sex with someone who was underage and/or sex-trafficked, him being absent from his mother's funeral will be more distracting and cause an even bigger media storm than him attending the funeral IMO.

Yes Andrew is tainted and his presence will always generate media stories and commentary that the BRF would rather not have part of the narrative, but his absence will in no way prevent media stories and commentary, and again, in some instances, may generate even more media stories and commentary.

Regarding the York princesses, likewise, they will attend their grandmother's funeral.

I don't particularly see either Charles or the York princesses being keen on the York princesses attending Charles' coronation. Having said that, what will the optics look like if relatives, friends, acquaintances and dignitaries from all over the world attend the coronation and the York princesses are absent. I suspect that whatever ill-will, or perhaps simple indifference exists, that it will be set aside in order to put on a united front and produce the right optics.
I really don't understand the continued focus on the York princesses and they wish for them being somehow removed from public view as well or 'punished' in any other way. They are valued members of the family as far as I can see, so of course, they will be welcome at their uncle's coronation (and later on their cousin's).

Last edited:
For Beatrice Wedding we say them only with eh Queen and Prnce Philip. We never their parents.
Beatrice and Eugenie will still remain important members of the Royal Family.

If the reports are true that it was Charles and William that pushed for this then the family may fracture with the girls not wanting anything to do with them.

If my uncle had done something like this to my father there is no way I would want to see him again - ever.

Well, you can always say, that you need to stay in quarantine because you tested positiv.
A conveniant way to solve the problem of an absence.

IM sure Beatrice and Eugenie udnerstand that their father had behaved appallingly and that Charles and William and the queen have to make some gestures to minimise damage to the RF. Is Bea never going to speak to the queen because her wedding was a very small one nad her father didnt appear in the photos?

If the reports are true that it was Charles and William that pushed for this then the family may fracture with the girls not wanting anything to do with them.

If my uncle had done something like this to my father there is no way I would want to see him again - ever.

A few thoughts:

> You may be right, and this may have implications for family relations.

> But B&E ought to realise is this not personal and that the Queen, Charles and William have acted to protect the Crown above all.

> Also, the Queen is not a shrinking violet and has been a pretty successful CEO for 70 years. If she disagreed on the course of action, yesterdays statement would not have been put out.

His daughti shouldn't be guilty by association at all, but things would be more clear cut if the HRH title was only for working royals. Why should Beatrice, Eugeie and Prince Michael fir example be HRH, yet Harry, Meghan and Andrew aren't?

Because they are. It has nothing to do with being working royals, it is simply that they are grandchildren of the monarch, from the male line

Well, you can always say, that you need to stay in quarantine because you tested positiv.
A conveniant way to solve the problem of an absence.

Why would anyone need to lie? He will be at his mother's funeral.. I think hel will also be at the coronation, but in a private capacity....

Who knows what Eugenie's and Beatrice's attitudes to the whole Epstein thing is and their husbands?
Maybe they adapted their father's view on royal role&position, flying above the ground, far far away from reality, maybe not we do not know but it is very likely if Andrew did his bit to their upbringing.That they seem to behave in public is here not the point.
How must it feel to know your dad calls a pedophile his friend and insists on the relationship.
How does it feel if your dad has been accused to have sex with girls your age (or even younger?) consent irrelevant at this point.
E&B have gone through a lot with both their parents, but now they are adults and married to (probably) more normal men who give their bit aswell.
I do not believe everything is just lovely and at peace within the York family, Fergie might be an exception as Andrew is her cow to milk and gives her the only importance she ever had in public life but children unless they are totally manipulated make up their own minds and children-in-law aswell. Maybe I am naive but I hope they make up their own mind!

What are your opinions on Royal Lodge, do you think he will be asked/told to move to something less expensive to run. Also Royal Lodge was a family home of the Queen when younger also her mother's home in later life so close connections there.
I had read somewhere a few months ago that William wanted it and I thought no , he will not be permitted to tell Andrew to move on , now I am not so sure.
There are newspaper stories that William wants to move to Windsor.
Love to read your views.

William wants it does he? Anmer and ginormous quarters at Kensington Palace are not quite enough for him?

I really don't believe this story at all.

I do not think that William and Kate want Royal Lodge. At this time, they have their London home (Kensington) and their country home (Amner), I would also guess they have a lodge of some type they use at Sandringham and Balmoral. I think that Andrew stays put at Royal Lodge for now, but I would not rule out a move to something smaller on the Windsor Estate in the future.

I doubt if he wants it.. Even if he does, it is obviously the best place for Andrew to hole up for the rest of his life and Im sure that William can see that.

I'm pretty sure that Beatrice and Eugenie are both utterly horrified by what Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell have done, as are the other royals. Don't tell me that Sophie, who grew up in an ordinary family, isn't thinking with horror about how Virginia Giuffre was a similar age to the age Louise is now when all this was going on. But I doubt that the York girls, at least, believe that Prince Andrew himself was involved in it.

This did happen in my family. I had a "funny" uncle staying with us that tried to take advantage of my 15 year old naivete but I was smart enough to tell. My dad threw him out of the house so fast and I never saw the man again. It was kept pretty much within my immediate family and tales were not told to the rest of the family that still loved this uncle. Sadly, this uncle died of alcohol poisoning not too long afterwards.

I think what is happening with Andrew right now and the repercussions handed down bit by bit that totally curtail any representation by Andrew in regards to the "Firm" and the monarchy is doing what is needed. Removing Andrew from any and all association with the workings and the meaningful roles that Andrew held as a working member of the British Royal Family. This, to me, sends a clear picture that regardless of accusations and lawsuits and stories coming out in the press that the "Firm" is adamant about the character and reputation of the people that represent the Queen and the "Firm". Andrew is out to pasture where that is concerned and will never represent the Queen ever again in any capacity. This, to me, is enough. He behaved badly regardless of whether he is actually convicted of something or not.

What Andrew's relationship is with other members of his family, IMO, should remain within the family and kept totally private. Of course, I'd hope that the Queen took the same attitude my mother did with her brother that got tossed out the front door. She loved her brother dearly but could not and would not accept nor condone his actions. As my dad was a recovering alcoholic at the time, they felt they did try and help him but he was beyond their help. I'd be really hard pressed to believe that the Queen could stop loving her second son and totally ostracize him but as Queen, she knows she has to do what is best for her beloved "Firm" and the institution of the monarchy.

I see no reason that Andrew would be asked to leave Royal Lodge or even remove himself from Windsor and take his family with him. He *is* still family and his sins (only accusations at this time) are on him and do not taint the rest of his family. Andrew will live the rest of his life totally apart from the life he held representing his country and it's people. No more "air miles Andy" and the luxurious, freebie including and perks that Andrew became accustomed to is no more. He'll be spotted once in a while riding a horse on the Windsor estate or driving his car (very similar to Lady Kitty being spotted at a fashion show) but the air in Andrew's balloon has been depleted and he'll contribute next to nothing to the good works that the BRF do.

I think the family, if they're a wise and loving family that value each other will look to Andrew and adapt the attitude of "hate the sin... love the sinner". Andrew needs to face the consequences of his own actions and behavior but to continually keep pushing more and more retribution on him (and his family) going into the future, to me, would be inhumane. That's not what family does.

Just my two cents worth here.

If Prince Andrew does attend the Coronation of King Charles III, Andrew may not ride in the royal procession to or from Westminster Abbey.

I don't believe any of the rumors about the Cambridges wanting more homes, Royal Lodge or Windsor. They have to understand that it would look terrible, especially in the fragile Covid economy. Their "apartment" is massive and luxurious, and they already have an equally impressive country home.

I really don't think Andrew's daughters are going to shun the family. I don't think they are particularly close with William anyway, but I also don't think they want to give up their appearances at Trooping of the Color or other big events. I expect them to want to be at Charles' coronation and William's coronation.

But if they do walk away, I don't think it's going to hurt the monarchy whatsoever. I have no criticism of either Beatrice or Eugenie, and I have always thought that Beatrice in particular would have been a credit to the monarchy as a working royal. But their participation in royal events is minimal. So if they want to step away, though I think it would sadden the Queen, I don't think it would cause any practical issues.

Andrew has paid a lease on Royal Lodge until 2078 at least. It is already paid and not something he is still paying. He also paid, upfront, for the full refurbishment of Royal Lodge.

Of course Charles and William will do their best to kick him out of the home he has done up to the way he wants it and then expect the Sovereign Grant to redo it to their styles and designs and then provide Andrew with no home at all. Neither would want him on the Sandringham or Balmoral estates so that is out and on 50% of a naval pension he doesn't have a large income to afford a home now.

Charles, or William, if it is that late in the game, can always park him in a Duchy property. The Isles of Scilly are lovely.

But if they do walk away, I don't think it's going to hurt the monarchy whatsoever. I have no criticism of either Beatrice or Eugenie, and I have always thought that Beatrice in particular would have been a credit to the monarchy as a working royal. But their participation in royal events is minimal. So if they want to step away, though I think it would sadden the Queen, I don't think it would cause any practical issues.

Somebody, I believe @Mbruno, wrote in another thread, that the Queen made her decision about Prince Andrew's "titles", because the Firm, the House, comes first and only then the particular individual. I think, this is well said.

And if one thinks this to the end, then it is somewhat clear, that a lot of folks are now sympathetic towards the York Princesses... - but in the very moment some things happen, they make mistakes and so on, the same folks will say: The apples don't fall far from the tree! And everything will be stirred up again.

So, the York Princesses are a potential risk, a liability.

But to strip them of their titles right now would look cruel and heartless and like an "overkill" and is neither an option.

A difficult matter!

Somebody, I believe @Mbruno, wrote in another thread, that the Queen made her decision about Prince Andrew's "titles", because the Firm, the House, comes first and only then the particular individual. I think, this is well said.

And if one thinks this to the end, then it is somewhat clear, that a lot of folks are now sympathetic towards the York Princesses... - but in the very moment some things happen, they make mistakes and so on, the same folks will say: The apples don't fall far from the tree! And everything will be stirred up again.

But to strip them of their titles right now would look cruel and heartless and like an "overkill" and is neither an option.

A difficult matter!

I don't think either of the York daughters are hankering for attention. Both ladies have lovely husbands and new babies. They deserve privacy.

They both have Fergie hovering about, though. She is the biggest liability for that family. Andrew wouldn't have globe-trotted years ago looking for moneymen if not for his ex-wife.

:previous: I so agree. If Andrew had been in a stable healthy marriage he might have never become involved with Epstein to begin with.

The failure of the York marriage has had disastrous repercussions for the monarchy.:sad:

As the topic here is Andrew's future, I don't think he has the fortitude to wash dishes for years on end like Mr. Profumo. Nor the self-awareness.

I think he will "cash out" and sell back his lease and head to the Caribbean. And I don't think he will be joined by anyone.

A difficult matter!

How on earth are they a liability? They are minor royals, who have never done royal duties nor been involved in any scandal. Its ridiculous to say that they are any kind of risk

As the topic here is Andrew's future, I don't think he has the fortitude to wash dishes for years on end like Mr. Profumo. Nor the self-awareness.

I think he will "cash out" and sell back his lease and head to the Caribbean. And I don't think he will be joined by anyone.

Why would he exile himlsef somwhere that security would be much more of a problem?

Personally I feel that Andrew can still make a contribution to the RF - in many ways. And I dont mean working on his golf swing. There is much to do on the estates that can be done and although Charles and William have taken the managerial roles (albeit in name only) - he can still make meaningful use of his time on the estate, in the castle. I have spoke to people that have said that he is now the Queen's companion - but that will be until the Queen's passing. After that - after that I just hope he can find something meaningful to do with his time.

Charles, or William, if it is that late in the game, can always park him in a Duchy property. The Isles of Scilly are lovely.

Well well well....the Duke of York is just slain with a civic case. But hey... take away his home and ban him to an island!

Imagine that after a civic case we confisquate the family home of a brother, nephew, uncle, whatever and even ban them to an island ? This happens to no any criminal but should happen in a still to start eventual civic case to the Duke of York? Any proportionality is lost here.

The Duke of York on his turn would have a field day in court sueing the Crown Estate for breaking a contract. If Andrew, whom paid 75 years of lease in advance, can be evicted out of his home for being part in a lawsuit, then all landlords in the UK can evict any lessee or tenant out of their family homes.

Last edited:
Hes not going to be pressured to leave his home. Thats just silly. Simply for practical reasons. He has to live somwhere and it is the best place for securty and privacy.

The two issues are actually completely not related. He will probably stay at Windsor for many years to come - bless the Queen. Charles will look after him, William will look after him - they are not going to disown him. The housing really depends on the future plans for the estates - and that might be 50 years in the future. But that would have happened anyway even if he was still a working member of the family.

I am very worried about the Queen and some member of the family are really not in a good state. My prayers and concerns are with them at the moment.

Andrew has no future.

He was sacked.

He was not even retired out or discharged, he was fired. Out. Gone. - Even before any possible court case took place.
With his titles lost that was a dishonorable discharge in anything but name.
It's de facto an admission by the BRF that Andrew is not only a serious liability but that he is believed to be guilty of the charges brought against him.

Pending some miracle he won't come back and he won't have any public role.
I doubt he will appear anywhere near the other BRF-members in public, apart from funerals and weddings.
And apart from QEII's funeral he will probably sit somewhere in the back.

This is brutal damage-control.
And I don't see QEII behind this. I don't even see Charles pushing through this solution. This is a much stronger hand - William.
- And it may be that someone else will see this as a final warning...

Back
Top Bottom