Zara and Mike Tindall and Family News and Events 2: January 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Zara's mother Princess Anne ever own a corgi?

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
It's very good that she brought up how Mike was affected by all of this. So often the men seem to be left out of the discussion (that I have seen/heard).

LaRae

It's amazing that Zara is sharing her experience. Miscarriage is often overlooked and it happens more often than people think. It's just not talked about as often, especially since a lot of miscarriages happen in the first trimester when the announcement hasn't been made yet. The result is that parents often grieve alone or have very few that can support them. But to have people that are well known, like Zara and Mark Zuckerburg, to talk openly about miscarriage, it allows people to understand how common it is and that they aren't alone.

I admire Zara a lot. She may have been given much, but I like the adult she seems to have grown into. I wish this family the best.

And doesn't Anne look young today in the pictures? It took me e minute to realize it was Anne!

:previous:

It's great and courageous that she talked about here sad experiences, especially in support of all women/couples who had to experience such a loss as well..

Today, September 7, Zara competed at the Whately Manor International Horse Trials at Gatcombe Park, accompanied by her daughters and mother:

** rex gallery **

** dailymail: Meet my little sister! Zara’s new daughter Lena is seen in public for the first time ..**

Mia seems to change each time there are new photos of her! She's really growing up quickly. I thought she looked like Zara but in this photo she looks a lot like Mike. Love the photo of her in the front of Anne's car, she seems really happy that she got the front spot - even complete with a lollypop :D

Good to see how she highlights that it is not just the woman going through a hard spot but that the same applies for the man. I can imagine Mike feeling so helpless and looking for ways to support Zara while he himself also lost a child and needed to be comforted.

Yes, I thought it was very brave of Zara to speak out. It's something that people don't always talk about, and it's hard to know what to say to someone who's had a miscarriage if they do tell you. If one of the Royals says something, it does make the headlines and people do listen, as with William and Harry talking about mental health.

:previous: I was just thinking it was wise of her mom to not have them be "royal."

It frees her up to publicly comment and be seen as a person rather than as a royal, with all the baggage that brings. Because she is independent, she can choose to comment (or not) and show a bit of emotion without the tabs going mad about how she almost needed to be sent away in her grief.

Because you know the royals have to keep that stiff upper lip. Even when saying mental illness is just illness and just needs to be treated, heaven forbid any of them do other than crack smiles and empathize.

But a subject worth broaching and well said.

Mia seems to change each time there are new photos of her! She's really growing up quickly. I thought she looked like Zara but in this photo she looks a lot like Mike. Love the photo of her in the front of Anne's car, she seems really happy that she got the front spot - even complete with a lollypop :D

She does seem to change almost every time we see her! I think her hair seems to be getting a little darker as she gets older.

I always thought that Mia is a good mix of both of her parents, but perhaps favors Mike a bit more. I actually think that the one who really favors Zara the most is Peter's younger daughter, Isla. She looks very much like her aunt did around the same age, and I think is the most "Windsor" looking of all the Queen's great-grandchildren.

I'm glad that Zara spoke out about the miscarriage and how it affected not only her, but also Mike. For a couple that is expecting, this is a loss of something that they (for the most part) were happy about, planning for and having something go wrong is a shock and takes time to process.

Having been through a miscarriage (on Mother's Day no less), I can attest to the range of emotions that we go through processing the loss. To this day, I still remember "Bernadette" (it was a girl) and she will always be a part of me.

So happy for them to have been able to welcome a baby after all this heartache….it must give hope to a lot of people who go through the same sadness

I guess Mia is the boss of Anne's grand-daughters.

I agree with those who have said that it's great that Zara has spoken up about her experiences. It was also refreshing to see her talk about how Mike coped with the miscarriages, as I feel like we often forget how the mother's partner feels in such situations. I have absolutely no plans to have children any time soon, though I do feel as if miscarriages and their effects are somewhat forgotten about in the grander scheme of things, but I believe that miscarriages should be remembered as much as 'regular' deaths (I didn't know quite how to describe this so please forgive me if it's not the right phrasing). My mother miscarried a few years before she gave birth to me and I always think about my potential sibling.

She does seem to change almost every time we see her! I think her hair seems to be getting a little darker as she gets older.

I always thought that Mia is a good mix of both of her parents, but perhaps favors Mike a bit more. I actually think that the one who really favors Zara the most is Peter's younger daughter, Isla. She looks very much like her aunt did around the same age, and I think is the most "Windsor" looking of all the Queen's great-grandchildren.

I think Savannah looks a lot like Lady Louise too. ?

Mia has a very cheeky and outgoing personality! Oh how I'd love to be a fly on the window if she, Charlotte, Princess Leonore of Sweden and Princess Gabriella of Monaco got together for a picnic. The room would have to be bare for I fear most objects wouldn't last long if the children were left unsupervised :lol:
It's lovely to see that she and her cousins are so close.

I love the photos of Tim with Mia, so cute. He obviously enjoys the role of grandpa from photos I have seen of him with the girls :flowers:

Mia is definitely a ball of energy. I love her practicing her dad's tackle moves. It is nice to see how close she is with her cousins.

I am happy Zara has spoken about her losses. Too few people speak about it and it still has a certain almost stigma. It helps when people in public roles speak about hard issues they faced, gives other people the courage to. Like the York girls speaking of learning disabilities and spinal issues. It takes a lot of courage but is needed. I also like she mentioned her husband and his loss as well.

:previous:

Zara looks so content and happy to be back in the saddle, that's great to see!

Here are some more photos of today:

** rex gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom