The Princess of Asturias and The Infanta Sofía's News Thread, Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland

156px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Leonor%2C_Princess_of_Asturias.svg.png

157px-Coat_of_arms_of_Infanta_Sofia_of_Spain.png

The Princess of Asturias and The Infanta Sofía's News Thread, Part Two

Commencing April 2021

The previous thread can be found here

Please follow the TRF Rules when posting

Last edited:
A nice BB article about Princess Sofia turning 14:
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/spanien/prinsesse-sofia-fylder-14-aar-svaert-valg-naermer-sig

Of immediate interest are this lovely portrait: https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net...op=focalpoint&auto=format&ixlib=imgixjs-3.4.0

And a few details about her interests, that at least I didn't know about:
She is interested in robot-technology, theater and cooking. As well as being fond of animals.

- It's IMO good that she is interested in technology. That is still not yet a typical "girl-career" but perhaps Sofia can serve as a role-model in just a few years, by taking a technical education.
Just as good IMO is a her interest in theater. Because that suggests that she is not only willing to but like to be "on". I.e. being in front of an audience, which is very much a part of what modern royals do.

Last edited:
A nice BB article about Princess Sofia turning 14:
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/spanien/prinsesse-sofia-fylder-14-aar-svaert-valg-naermer-sig

Of immediate interest are this lovely portrait: https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net...op=focalpoint&auto=format&ixlib=imgixjs-3.4.0

And a few details about her interests, that at least I didn't know about:
She is interested in robot-technology, theater and cooking. As well as being fond of animals.

- It's IMO good that she is interested in technology. That is still not yet a typical "girl-career" but perhaps Sofia can serve as a role-model in just a few years, by taking a technical education.
Just as good IMO is a her interest in theater. Because that suggests that she is not only willing to but like to be "on". I.e. being in front of an audience, which is very much a part of what modern royals do.

Actually, that was said by someone not very reliable (yellow press); We don't know much about Sofía's tastes, except that she seems to love ballet, due to her outings with her maternal grandmother who share the same taste, since both Paloma (the queen's mother) and her daughters Telma and Queen Letizia are great lovers and ballet practitioners.
Ángel Corella, a great Spanish dancer now retired, unfortunately, said that especially Telma, was a splendid dancer.
For the rest, we know absolutely nothing about the likes of Sofía and those things in the article, they have been saying since she was eight years old, which does not mean that it is not true, it is simply an "invention" of the advertising media.

By the way, a mistake on my part: congratulations, belatedly, my sweet and adorable Infanta Sofía: flores:: flores:: flores:

I must say that the interest in cooking is real. In fact, Leonor and Sofía took a cooking course with a very prestigious Spanish "chef" about two or three years ago.
Technical careers among Spanish women are very common and in fact, a very high percentage of women are university students, practically beating men.
Currently, it is very curious, but in fields such as science, women are very relevant, and today it is difficult to find a doctor, since practically the majority of medicine is taken over by women.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess of Asturias is not yet known when her confirmation will be held, although Vanitatis can assure you that she will receive the sacrament, as her father has already done.
As with his first communion, his parents want Leonor to celebrate his confirmation with the rest of his schoolmates, the Santa Maria de los Rosales. However, there is a problem. Sources close to the school tell Vanitatis that this sacrament is received by first-grade students.
https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...nor-princesa-confirmacion-sacramento_3069276/

Leonor and Sofía star in their first solo act

Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofía have work this weekend. The daughters of the Kings will debut on Saturday in their first joint act alone, a month and a half after the Heiress starred in her first engagement without the presence of her parents.

As announced by Casa Real, the young women will comply with the #unarbolporeuropa event that is organized next Saturday on the occasion of World Environment Day.

The event is not chosen by chance, since concern for the environment is one of the main ones of the young people of his generation, who have several activists against climate change. It will be at seven in the afternoon when the young women appear in the Hayedo de Montejo to star in this first act alone and together.

https://www.elmundo.es/espana/2021/06/01/60b673befdddff8b188b4588.html

Ohhh! Looking forward to it! A joint event with the two sisters, how nice!

Btw, the event is quite late. Then is it an evening event? But it says it's an informal event. It also seems they will be planting a tree, I think. But the timeline is weird. I thought planting trees would be in the morning or early afternoon, not evening.

That's gonna get a lot of attention.

It's a cause hardly anyone can have reservations about and it's meaningful. I.e. not some mere "cutting-a-ribbon-while-looking-sweet-in-a-dress-event."

The sooner and the more the young royals feel that the work they do actually means something, the better.

And wonderful its a joint act and let both Leonor and Sofia shine together, which they will do impeccably :flowers:

Ohhh! Looking forward to it! A joint event with the two sisters, how nice!

Btw, the event is quite late. Then is it an evening event? But it says it's an informal event. It also seems they will be planting a tree, I think. But the timeline is weird. I thought planting trees would be in the morning or early afternoon, not evening.

Seven in the afternoon in Spain, 19 hours is fully daylight. There is sunlight until after nine o'clock
Before that time, it's very hot

Last edited:
I am curious to see this event. It will be interesting to see the two sisters at a joint event.

Will we be able to follow the event live?

Last edited:
I am curious to see this event. It will be interesting to see the two sisters at a joint event.

Will we be able to follow the event live?

It is very possible that we have video, but until Saturday approaches, we will not know if there is a direct link on Youtube from Casa Real or from another institution
It is an official act, because it is on the agenda. They have put it on the agenda today. There will be video and images

Last edited:
Seven in the afternoon in Spain, 19 hours is fully daylight. There is sunlight until after nine o'clock
Before that time, it's very hot
Yes I know, I live in Portugal, so the weather is not that different. But I was talking about the time of the event, not daylight. I thought such events, as planting trees and doing a visit outdoors, were in the morning. That's all :flowers:

Yes I know, I live in Portugal, so the weather is not that different. But I was talking about the time of the event, not daylight. I thought such events, as planting trees and doing a visit outdoors, were in the morning. That's all :flowers:

Ah well. You are my "dear neighbor". I love Portugal :flowers:
Perhaps they will explain to us the reason for the schedule. I don't know, but it's a good time because it's not hot.

Ah well. You are my "dear neighbor". I love Portugal :flowers:
Perhaps they will explain to us the reason for the schedule. I don't know, but it's a good time because it's not hot.
Perhaps, they will ;) Or maybe I am eager, because I'll have to wait longer to see pictures and videos of the event. If it were in the morning, I would wake up and see the pictures immediately :D

And yes, dear neighbor! I also love Spain Mis Hermanos! Never been to Malaga, but I did visit a lot of Spanish cities and landmarks across the years (Sevilha for several times, Toledo, Madrid, Ayamonte, Granada/Alhambra, Sierra Nevada, Jerez, Burgos, Atapuerca, Huelva).

Perhaps, they will ;) Or maybe I am eager, because I'll have to wait longer to see pictures and videos of the event. If it were in the morning, I would wake up and see the pictures immediately :D

And yes, dear neighbor! I also love Spain Mis Hermanos! Never been to Malaga, but I did visit a lot of Spanish cities and landmarks across the years (Sevilha for several times, Toledo, Madrid, Ayamonte, Granada/Alhambra, Sierra Nevada, Jerez, Burgos, Atapuerca, Huelva).
Wow, I see that you have traveled a lot in Spain. It's a pleasure
Málaga is a beautiful and cosmopolitan city. Very big. In recent years we have built a charming city endowed with very beautiful corners ... and a lot of sun hahaha
Granada is my second home, and Madrid my third.
Andalucía is a perfect place to live with very welcoming people, if I may say so.
I love Lisboa, but I haven't had time to go back. I promise to do it more often because I have a lot of lovely Portuguese friends
It is true that we will have to wait to see images of the event, but we will surely love it. Children are always wonderful to watch. Greetings: flores:

The act in which Princess Leonor and her sister Infanta Sofía were going to participate this Saturday afternoon in Hayedo de Montejo has been postponed for meteorological reasons, due to a strong storm alert located in that area. They were going to close the ceremony of the '# AtreeforEurope' campaign, coinciding with World Environment Day.

https://www.europapress.es/sociedad...prevision-fuerte-tormenta-20210605140847.html

It is a pity, considering that today was a very special day. I wonder if it is postponed indefinitely or they'd give a date soon?

What a pity but couldn't be helped given the inclement weather.

What a pity the event could not take place. I hope it can take place soon.

"Palacio Real de Madrid, 18.06.2021
Act of awarding decorations on the occasion of the 7th anniversary of the Proclamation of His Majesty the King"
SS.MM. and Their Royal Highnesses the Princess of Asturias and the Infanta Doña Sofía

Leonor and Sofía will have an act on Friday, at the Royal Palace and on July 1 for the Princess of Girona awards.
It remains to be known when the planting of trees that had pending will be carried out. I hope it was not canceled and just postponed.

:previous:
I adore. We will have more occasions to see Leonor and Sofia in the coming weeks.
In addition to these two events, I believe we will see Leonor and Sofia a few times during the summer in Palma de Mallorca. :flowers:

:previous:
I adore. We will have more occasions to see Leonor and Sofia in the coming weeks.
In addition to these two events, I believe we will see Leonor and Sofia a few times during the summer in Palma de Mallorca. :flowers:

I think it is a good decision, because her stay in Wales, although it does not affect the events in which she already attended in previous years, it could affect a greater progressive presence in the events, as her parents wish.
They are going to give us a lot of Eleanor before her departure to Wales, or so I hope.
In addition, I am sure that she is delighted to help and participate in whatever the king asks of her.
Perhaps in these two years, we can see something more of Sofia in acts with her parents or alone when she turns 15 years old.
We will wait, but it seems that the last weekend of July, the family will already be in Mallorca.
We also have the Prince of Viana prize, but for political reasons, the attendance of the princess or the king and queen is very doubtful. It would be a shame because that occasion would have given us the opportunity to listen to Leonor speak Basque

Leonor's relationship with Korean group BTS becomes Trending Topic

Princess Leonor has become the meat of memes. Her majesty has suffered firsthand the effects of the visit of Korean President Moon Jae-in. A media outlet in this country published a conversation between Felipe VI and the president in which he said: "King Felipe VI replied that Korean culture, such as the movie 'Parasites' and the BTS singers, were also gaining popularity in Spain." . According to Naver, the main information portal in South Korea. From this sentence, the followers of this group have not stopped mentioning Leonor and Sofía as possible fans of BTS.
https://okdiario.com/tt/leonor-convierte-trending-topic-ser-fan-bts-7378663

Countdown to Leonor's international debut

The inauguration of a Spanish-American president could be the scenario chosen by Zarzuela, but the electoral calendar does not leave many feasible possibilities throughout 2022.

Sources consulted indicate 2022 - or perhaps the last quarter of 2021 - as the most likely period for the first departure of the Princess of Asturias to take place on the occasion of an official act outside our borders. Although of course nothing is decided on this point, in Zarzuela the electoral calendar in Latin America is studied to locate an ideal date since everything indicates that the investiture of an Ibero-American president could be the perfect setting for the international debut of Princess Leonor.
https://www.larazon.es/espana/20210620/mo3bb3g4sfhvdd3z5wezctnsbq.html

Shouldn't her international debut take place when she is already of age?

Shouldn't her international debut take place when she is already of age?

In Spain they take the preparation of the Heirs very seriously. Felipe also made his first trip abroad before he was 18 years old.

In all countries they take the preparation of the heir very seriously. How they go about it differs between the countries.

Leonor had her first solo visit in Spain last month, so it seems rather soon to start asking about her first visit abroad. Well, she will be abroad most of the time in the upcoming two years at boarding school :flowers:

Last edited:
Well, she is going to school abroad, so except for the usual official engagements in Spain, like for example, National Day, Leonor won't have much free time to do other type of engagements, much less going abroad to South America. She would have to miss school if she went, and I doubt she would skip classes. So I don't think she will make her international debut this year or even next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom