The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 07:21 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalist.in.NC View Post
Leonor did a wonderful job! She looked so happy to be there. Due to the masks it was difficult to tell if she was talking much to her hosts or the people she met. When it was time to leave, her wave was not as natural as I’ve seen it before. Very poised and professional - delightful!

Loved her hair, dress, lovely smile in her eyes. So glad she didn’t look 18 or older. I am curious: at what age is it acceptable for teens to wear makeup? Not that Leonor needs any, I am just wondering about the customs in Spain.
Honestly, I think everyone has a different opinion.
In my experience it is unusual for school girls to wear make-up during the day (and a private school like Leonor's would almost surely forbid its students from wearing any make-up to school)
They usually start applying a little make-up when they start going out with friends on Friday and Saturday (early evening) or their first parties.

I don't think it would be weird if she started wearing a little make-up in a few months or so, especially in evening events (but it would be completely normal too if she didn't)

Old 04-16-2021, 08:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Infanta Sofía will receive military training, like her sister, Princess Leonor.

According to reliable sources consulted by "Monarquia Confidencial", the novelty is that his sister, the Infanta Sofía, will also receive a military training, similar to that given to Leonor, something that did not happen, for example, with the sisters of Felipe de Borbón, the infantas Elena and Cristina. La Zarzuela considers that the person who is "number two" in the succession to the Crown must also receive a specific and complete training, and in this case including the military aspect.
https://monarquia.elconfidencialdigi...725066937.html
But nothing has been confirmed about Leonor's military training...It seems per that article that it will be taken around the same time as her University studies. The military training will be complemented and compatible with her other activities.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:15 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
But nothing has been confirmed about Leonor's military training...It seems per that article that it will be taken around the same time as her University studies. The military training will be complemented and compatible with her other activities.
This seems like a sensible approach.
Old 04-17-2021, 01:56 AM
Nobility

Princess Leonor will be the godmother of the new submarine Isaac Peral (S-81); The queen the king and the infanta Sofía will be present, who want to accompany her in this first event with a military character.
The event will take place next Thursday 22 at the Navantia facilities, Cartagena (Murcia)

https://www.abc.es/espana/casa-real/...1_noticia.html

https://elpais.com/espana/2021-04-17...aac-peral.html

Apparently, it can be seen on the YouTube channel of the Spanish Royal House

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7D...z6N7_ZVzUG3prA

When Thursday approaches, casa real will give us the exact address of the video that I imagine will be a direct, but until Wednesday we will not know more ...
Old 04-20-2021, 10:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

While reading a Billed Bladet article about this upcoming event, I noticed this photo in the article: https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net/...=imgixjs-3.4.0

What struck me is that now (and all of a sudden IMO) you can clearly tell by their facial features that they are no longer children, but teens.
And it's also a good photo. Being pseudo twins, they also look like twins.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
While reading a Billed Bladet article about this upcoming event, I noticed this photo in the article: https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net/...=imgixjs-3.4.0

What struck me is that now (and all of a sudden IMO) you can clearly tell by their facial features that they are no longer children, but teens.
Leo is almost 15 and a half, so it's to be hoped she no longer looks completely like a child at this point, despite the super-conservative and sheltered upbringing. And Sofia has always looked (not sounded) a touch older than her.

It's not really "news", but Leonor and Sofia also happen to be a Scorpio and a Taurus - what are even known as paired, "sister" signs! Polar opposites in a lot of ways but with a very strong bond. Astrology bears out the way they have stuck together... now we see what happens when they're in different countries.

Edit: Here's what I mean about sister signs. https://www.yourtango.com/2017303285...ac-sister-sign In this case they happen to be actual sisters.
https://astrologyanswers.com/article...eally-attract/ This explains Taurus/Scorpio a little better.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
Leo is almost 15 and a half, so it's to be hoped she no longer looks completely like a child at this point, despite the super-conservative and sheltered upbringing. And Sofia has always looked (not sounded) a touch older than her.

It's not really "news", but Leonor and Sofia also happen to be a Scorpio and a Taurus - what are even known as paired, "sister" signs! Polar opposites in a lot of ways but with a very strong bond. Astrology bears out the way they have stuck together... now we see what happens when they're in different countries.
Becoming teens and not being genuine twins will of course result in them looking more different as they grow, but being apart will reinforce it.
Leonor in particular will develop, both in style and in looks IMO. Partly because she will be away from home and stand on her own two feet - becoming more independent in every way but also because she will receive different input and being influenced by others than her parents. So I think Leonor in only a year from now, will look distinctly "older" than Sofia.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

Beautiful girls, always with a smile
Old 04-28-2021, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Time To close this thread you can participate in Part 2 below
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ml#post2395255

Closed Thread

Tags
infanta leonor, infanta sofia, princess of asturias