Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia's Visit to Argentina: September 2-9, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched Prince Felipe's speech on the BBC last night it was very impressive,the Prince did a great job and he had his proud wife and aunt watching him.

"Madrid loses, the Prince wins", from the blog of Antoni Gutiérrez-Rubí, PR and political consultant:
Madrid lost, but the Prince has taken a solid step forward. By attitude, availability and creditworthiness. Madrid does not know if it will have another chance ... but Prince claims his. Today has shown it.
Madrid pierde, el Príncipe gana Micropolítica Blogs EL PAÍS
Translation

He was simply wonderful, a very impressive speech, every inch a true (future) king!
Bye Bine

The government and the royal house are pushing this hard right now (even harder than the 2016 bid) because it would serve as an excellent smoke curtain to buy them time to "fix" certain issues.

Sorry for being so cynical but I say things as I see them.

I think the IOC is more clever this time, they did not want another Greece 2004 scenario. Of course a Madrid win would have covered a lot of things.

If the circumstances are right (Madrid's weren't), I think a speech or presentation can make a difference. London by Lord Coe was special, the country was lucky to have a respected sportsperson spearheading the bid. I think Felipe did a good speech, but that is not enough to win a bid.

I didnt think Tokyo would win, nobody can guess what repercussions of Fukushima are out there. Tokyo is only 200km away.

Back
Top Bottom