Names for Felipe & Letizia 2nd girl

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many beautiful names. My favourites are:

Soledad
Isabella
Paz
Rosario

ladybelline said:
Well, now we know it's another girl, I keep what I said for her name: Beatriz de Borbon...:flowers:

Beatriz because Dante or because the aunt of King Juan Carlos?

We could play to loock in the literature and in the history the name of the future babay girl !

Beatriz is a very good choice:flowers: It's a very sweet name.

Beatriz because Dante or because the aunt of King Juan Carlos?

:p I didn't know the King's aunt was named Beatriz!
In fact, it's a feeling i have...
Gabriella or Sofia would also be great!

Infanta Beatriz married the Prince of Torlonia, right? She is the grandmother of Princess Sybilla of luxembourg, nee Weiller.

Mari_* said:
If it's a girl maybe Sofia. And if it is a boy maybe like dad Felipe or Juan Felipe a mix of grandpa and dad.

i think so

Sofia (it's cute and class)

Infanta Ines ?
Infanta Beatriz ?

I thought his sisters didn't use "Sofia" because they were saving it for Felipe's daughter but they didn't use it for Leonor. I don't like the name myself and it's one of the most popular/overused names for girls in the US and I'm wondering if maybe Leti and Felipe won't use it for the new baby:cool: for that reason. In any case I like Eulalia she was quite a character in her one right but Cenobia, Adeliade,Ana, Rosario are nice too.
wittykitty:rolleyes:

Defenitely Sofia, I like Victoria a lot but there's already a Victoria in the family so I don't think they will use it.

Isabella Eugenia:flowers:
What about Libertad?:rolleyes: It is not really royal kind...

It´s evident that the name of the future infant will be a spanish name and it won´t a foreingn name.

I think that the princes are going to surprise to us with a name that we are not expected and Sofía is a name which all people are thinking.

Marengo said:
I would like a little Juana or Carolina, as a tribute to the present king.

If the daughter isn't named I would like a Carlota or Isabel.

I like Juana, too, but somehow I doubt it. The most famous Juana in Spanish history was "Juana la Loca"...Juana the Mad. Sad story, there.

I personally think they will choose a name beginning with "L",so may be Luisa,Laura or Lucia.
I like tha names Catalina , Carolina ''very regal" and Anna Maria.

Last edited:
Unlikely but.. who knows?? maybe Felipe wants to name her after mommy and they'll just go with Letizia..

Mari_* said:
Unlikely but.. who knows?? maybe Felipe wants to name her after mommy and they'll just go with Letizia..

I hope not. It's not that I don't like the name Letizia but I think it'd be kind of confusing to have Letizia, Princess of Asturias and an Infanta Letizia. I know many men in the past and even today name sons after themselves (especially royalty) for tradition but I don't think they'll do that in this case. Perhaps one of Felipe and Letizia's grandchildren will bear the name Letizia. But I'm getting ahead of myself here....

I like Sofia but I don't think they will choose this name ! I think that if they wanted her girl named Sofia they would have named Leonor, Sofia.
But I can be totally wrong :)
That will be the surprise of the birth..... the only one !
I've seen Felipe on Tv ! What a plasure to see him so happy and so in loved speaking about The baby, Leonor and Letizia. He can't hide his happiness !

zaza61 said:
I like Sofia but I don't think they will choose this name ! I think that if they wanted her girl named Sofia they would have named Leonor, Sofia.
But I can be totally wrong :)
That will be the surprise of the birth..... the only one !
I've seen Felipe on Tv ! What a plasure to see him so happy and so in loved speaking about The baby, Leonor and Letizia. He can't hide his happiness !

You right because the Prince is very well know for his shyness an reserve about his feelings. To see this great hearty man speaking in public with so tenderness about his family it's a very sympathetic image!:wub:

adelaide said:
You right because the Prince is very well know for his shyness an reserve about his feelings. To see this great hearty man speaking in public with so tenderness about his family it's a very sympathetic image!:wub:

He's just in love with his girls, and now they are having another girl. He's one lucky man! :wub:

And for names I would like Sofia, Isabella and Christina..

I am very happy that this baby is a girl. I really want Leonor to gain her rightful place as the future Queen of Spain.
If they stick with the new tradition of only one name I really hope they name her Catalina. I really like this name a lot.
God Bless the family.

I'm guessing they will choose another name starting with L... like Letizia and Leonor. My guess goes to Luisa or Maria Luisa, like the wives of Carlos II and Felipe V and the daughters of Carlos III, Carlos IV, Fernando III and Fernando VII.

Sorry for asking again, but is Liana (Lianna) a common name in Spain? Personally I like it quite a lot and I think Princess Liana sounds nice.

Avalon said:
Sorry for asking again, but is Liana (Lianna) a common name in Spain? Personally I like it quite a lot and I think Princess Liana sounds nice.
No really... that's a name with no tradition, nor historical relevance in Spain... it's a bit tacky actually; it sounds as taken from a foreign soap opera..;)

Elsa M. said:
No really... that's a name with no tradition, nor historical relevance in Spain... it's a bit tacky actually; it sounds as taken from a foreign soap opera..;)

Thanks for the answer, Elsa! :flowers:
No chances then.. Well, I guess I need to search another name on "L". :rolleyes:

I would absolutely love Elvira (it has been given at the 19th century in the spanish RF). As historical name, I would suggest Jimena/Ximena :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom