Working visit to France: March 19-21, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
more pics from Abaca

amina1 said:
Love the first two:D
I know!
I'd love to know what they're saying

Last edited:
she is always stunning and elegant, whatever she wears it suits her

Once again she's beautifully elegant ...How does she do this ????:)

Wow! love Queen Rania's outfit and she always dress up beautifully!
She is very very very beautiful young queen! Mashallah!

QR is very lucky that she have been travelling oversea alot at the moment.:cool:

So interesting to know what King abdullah talked about at the EU-US PRESS CLUB...

KING'S ADDRESS AT THE EU-US PRESS CLUB

BUT ALSO THE POWERFUL VALUES THAT BIND US.'

THE WORLD TODAY IS PASSING THROUGH A MOMENT OF TREMENDOUS GLOBAL UNEASE . THE DISQUIET THAT MANY OF US FEEL WAS CAPTURED IN A RECENT HEADLINE PROCLAIMING THE 'END OF TOLERANCE.' IT WAS PROMPTED OF COURSE, BY THE CONTROVERSY OVER CARTOONS DENIGRATING THE PROPHET MOHAMMAD PEACE BE UPON HIM,' KING ABDULLAH SAID.

WITHIN THIS CONTEXT, KING ABDULLAH AFFIRMED THAT THE CARTOON CONTROVERSY HAS EXPOSED THE FAULT LINES IN OUR GLOBAL SOCIETY, THE ADDED NOTING THAT MUSLIMS AROUND THE WORLD CONDEMNED THE PUBLICATION OF THE CARTOONS AND CONDEMNED THE VIOLENCE THAT FOLLOWED BEING ALIEN TO ISLAM AND ITS PRINCIPLES.

FOLLOWING IS THE FULL TEXT OF THE KING'S ADDRESS
IN THE NAME OF GOD, THE COMPASSIONATE, THE MERCIFUL.
(CHRISTIAN,) MEMBERS OF THE PRESS:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH. IM DELIGHTED TO SEE SO MANY FAMILIAR FACES. IT IS A PLEASURE TO BE IN FRANCE ONCE AGAIN. MY FATHER KING HUSSEIN HAD A SPECIAL PLACE IN HIS HEART FOR THIS GREAT COUNTRY. AND I DEEPLY APPRECIATE THE WARM WELCOME YOU HAVE ALWAYS GIVEN ME AND MY FAMILY. IM HONOURED TO HAVE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK HERE TODAY.
MY FRIENDS,
THIS IS, QUITE FRANKLY, A MOMENT OF TREMENDOUS GLOBAL UNEASE. THE DISQUIET THAT MANY OF US FEEL WAS CAPTURED IN A RECENT HEADLINE PROCLAIMING THE END OF TOLERANCE. IT WAS PROMPTED, OF COURSE, BY THE CONTROVERSY OVER CARTOONS DENIGRATING THE PROPHET MOHAMMAD, PEACE BE UPON HIM.
MUCH HAS BEEN SAID ABOUT THE CARTOON CRISIS AND HOW IT GREW. LET ME SIMPLY SAY THAT MUSLIMS AROUND THE WORLD AND I AM ONE OF THEM CONDEMNED THE DENIGRATION OF THE PROPHET. THE MAJORITY OF MUSLIMS ALSO CONDEMN THE VIOLENCE THAT ENSUED AS ALIEN TO THE PRINCIPLES OF ISLAM. AND I KNOW THAT MANY IN THE WEST ALSO SPOKE OUT, REJECTING THE VILIFICATION OF ISLAM.
THE CARTOON CONTROVERSY HAS EXPOSED THE FAULT LINES IN OUR GLOBAL SOCIETY. NOT SO LONG AGO, WE SAW OUR WORLD AS ONE OF DYNAMIC INTERCONNECTIONS AND MULTI-CULTURAL TOLERANCE. BUT TODAY EVEN AS OUR CULTURES AND ECONOMIES INTERACT MORE THAN EVER BEFORE THE TALK IS OF A CLASH OF CIVILIZATIONS. BECAUSE, AS THE AGE OF GLOBALIZATION HAS GROWN, IT HAS NOT GROWN IN THE MOST SIGNIFICANT WAY
''''

I didn't ever know that Prince Ali and Rym came along with KA and QR that is what I saw on the photo so interesting.. I guess that Prince Ali and Rym tooked baby Jalilah along with them same with QR and KA tooked Prince Hashem, got someone to looks after their kids while parents are at the meeting???

Last edited by a moderator:
20060321 - France - Paris
King Abdullah II of Jordan visit the National Assembly

(from deadline press)

Attachments

• DL112708_001.jpg
    DL112708_001.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 208
I love the fact they took the little one with them to Paris. I like the fact that parenting comes frist on their list. ITs more than what other royals do with their kids and thumbs up to the King and Queen for being great parents. For the Queen showing her belly. Who Cares..... Not her fault her belly was showing.The top she was wearing looked really big on her anyway. I sure if she knew her belly was showing she would of fixed it. I think the Queen looked just awesome and beautiful and for the KIng. I love his eyes. Would anyone know if the KIng speaks French???? I heard Queen Raina knows a little french. Just wished i knew what they were saying to each other. Wish I was a fly on the wall...... Great pictures by the way. Thanks for posting them.....

i think they speak in english only because the king does not speak french - at least i haven't seen any info claiming he does.

Anita said:
Once again she's beautifully elegant ...How does she do this ????:)

Because she has more money than you will see in a lifetime, access to top designers. beauticians, hairdressers etc and she has servants and nannies.

lizz70 said:
Because she has more money than you will see in a lifetime, access to top designers. beauticians, hairdressers etc and she has servants and nannies.

There are other Queens and Princess etc .... have a lot of money and access to top designers , beauticians , hairdressers but they don't looks good :D

Finally! more pictures from the press club address

CAPTION
King Abdullah II and Queen Rania of Jordan meet the french press at the 'Interallie cercle' in Paris, France, on March 20, 2006. Photo by Laurent Zabulon/ABACAUSA

Attachments

• 475929.jpg
    475929.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 374
  • 475931.jpg
    475931.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 675
  • 475928.jpg
    475928.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 346
  • 475926.jpg
    475926.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 424
  • 475914.jpg
    475914.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 442
  • 475930.jpg
    475930.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
King meets Speaker of French National Assembly

Pictures from Petra

King warns against disruption of aid to Palestinian Authority

Paris, 21/3/2006, (Communication & Information Division - Royal Hashemite Court) -- His Majesty King Abdullah on Tuesday reiterated that any disruption of financial aid to the Palestinian Authority will aggravate the situation in the Palestinian territories.

At a meeting here with French National Assembly President Jean-Louis Debré and members of the foreign affairs committee, King Abdullah said he was in contact with all donor countries to help continue their aid to the Palestinians. King Abdullah II Official Website - News

Last edited:
Great pictures Humera, She looks awesome .... Love love love love her hair. Wonder if she did her own hair, or did she have a stylist..... I am guessing a stylist was on hand......

I know, I love the whole ensemble from the press club. So glamorous!
It makes up for the lack of pretty formal gowns in almost a year.

Humera.... Would you know what happens to clothes that Queen Rania doesn't wear anymore.... I like the fact that she does wear clothes over again. And, do you know if she pick out the outfit she going to wear at events, or does she have someone who lays her clothes out for her ahead of time.....

well obviously like other royal women, she has a stylist and most likely someone who helps her select what to wear on a particular occasion.
As for clothes she doesnt wear anymore, I really dont know. Sometimes she'll wear something again as late as 4 years later (check out the recycling thread). So in that case she obviously keeps the items that can be worn again. I think she also borrows some clothing (most likely possible for evening wear). For example, there's an Armani dress that she wore a few years ago, it was originally from a collection from the early 90s and it later showed up in an Armani style exhibit.

Nice to see Rym again - a major asset to the JRF if ever there was one.

more pictures from yesterday, from AAP, DPA, & the French president's official website:

Last edited:
and again she did it, she looked so great in france. what a lovely combination of everything, colours, styles and that lovely hair.

how does she manage to look this and this great all the time?

Thanks again Humera for the info.. I read once, not sure if it was true that some royals will only wear outfits only once. I guessing its formal wear. Wish i could take a glimes of Queen Rania closet....

Thanks for the pics !:) I love Rania's hairdo !

madonna23 said:
i think they speak in english only because the king does not speak french - at least i haven't seen any info claiming he does.

I remember to have read somewhere that during their first meeting Chirac spoke French that the king understands rather well, but being not well enough in the language for an in-depth discussion he answered in English. In an interview on German TV (in 2002 ?) the king mentioned that he spoke French in his childhood rather well (having a French nanny for a while), but that he had lost something of these skills later on.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Finally! more pictures from the press club address

CAPTION
King Abdullah II and Queen Rania of Jordan meet the french press at the 'Interallie cercle' in Paris, France, on March 20, 2006. Photo by Laurent Zabulon/ABACAUSA
I wonder what rania was thinking when she dressed up : grey skirt, white blouse black jumper, brown shoes, red belt and white handbag, she doesn't look like a Queen, it's too casual

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a simple working visit, not a glamorous state visit.

Veram98 said:
It was a simple working visit, not a glamorous state visit.

Talking about the working visit,I didn't catch what was the purpose of this visit,KA gave only a speech or a conference,what else?there were any other work activities?

Monalisa said:
Talking about the working visit,I didn't catch what was the purpose of this visit,KA gave only a speech or a conference,what else?there were any other work activities?
“Working” on a foreign visit means for any head of state or government political discussions and meeting people (but without the great protocol, reserved for state visits). In this case: the French president as the other head of state, the president of the National Assembly, the members of the foreign affairs committee of that parliament; and there was that speech at the EU-US Press Club.
I do not think that it is up to you or me to decide if the content of the discussions on bilateral and ME issues in these meetings were important or not (we simply do not know).

Back
Top Bottom