Official Visit to Azerbaijan- May 5-6, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Little_star

Heir Apparent
City
Manchester
Country
United Kingdom
King Abdullah II of Jordan and his spouse Rania al-Abdullah scheduled to visit Azerbaijan on May 5, Jordanian Embassy to Azerbaijan told APA.
APA

they have another visit to Brunei so i guess it's not long visit.

Rania is hosting a conference from the 13th-14th May and the WEF in the ME is a few days after that so I expect the Azerbaijan trip will only be 2/3 days long.

Is this a one day visit?
It's a two-day visit ;).

King, Queen head for Azerbaijan

Amman, May 5(Petra)--Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania headed to Azerbaijan today for a two-day visit.

News

Last edited:
and here is the first picture from the arrival

Azerbaijan's Prime Minister Arthur Rasizade (L) welcomes Jordan's King Abdullah II (L) upon his arrival at Baku airport on May 05, 2008. Jordan's King Abdullah II is on an official two-day visit to Azerbaikan.
King Abdullah ** King & Queen

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos, dazzling.

I may be completely off the mark here but Rania's jacket may be from Zara. They have a jacket at the moment with a collar that is identical to this one.

other photos from Belga
A handout picture released by the Jordanian Royal Palace shows Jordan's King Abdullah II and Queen Rania (L) standing with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev (2nd-R) and his wife Mehriban prior to a meeting in Baku on May 5, 2008. The Jordanian monarch arrived with his wife today to Azerbaijan for a two-day visit. AFP PHOTO/HO/YOUSEF ALLAN
http://www.gulfup.com/up/jpgfiles/mbT06525.jpg
http://www.gulfup.com/up/jpgfiles/6JU06558.jpg

Last edited:
Jordan's King Abdullah II (R) walking with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev prior to a meeting in Baku on May 5, 2008.
Picture(ANP)

Queen Rania looks amazing. She does an amazing job selecting trenches/coats. I am not sure about the belt (Her Majesty's most favourite accessory) though. Mrs. Alieva's outfit is classical and well-chosen. I like the bright blue colour.

Rania's coat looks horrible like that. Would have been nicer fastened and with a colourful silk scarf - more elegant. This looks awful. Is that belt even matching the coat? I am shocked that a woman with access to the best fashion advice and clothes can dress this way on an official visit!!!!

She needs to change whoever advises her on clothes these days as this is just awful. She used to be very elegant, not any longer.

Mrs Alieva looks very appropriate (I don't like the back of her hairstyle though) and elegant. She has very nicely shaped legs.

Last edited:
Mrs. Alieva is regarded as the most stylish First Lady among other Ladies from the post-Soviet republics. The hairstyle is her signature one.

Jordan, Azerbaijan sign new deals

The two leaders emphasised that finding a just and permanent solution to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, which leads to the establishment of an independent Palestinian state, living side by side with Israel, will guarantee the two sides’ rights and interests.... - Full Article

i liked their first lady;)

Queen Rania tours Heydar Aliyev Foundation

Baku, May 6 (Petra)-- While accompanying His Majesty King Abdullah II on a working trip to Azerbaijan, Her Majesty Queen Rania paid a visit to the Heydar Aliyev Foundation to see their work in enhancing cross cultural dialogue in the fields of culture, science and technology, sport and education. News

Baku, May 6 (Petra)-- While accompanying His Majesty King Abdullah II on a working trip to Azerbaijan, Her Majesty Queen Rania paid a visit to the Heydar Aliyev Foundation to see their work in enhancing cross cultural dialogue in the fields of culture, science and technology, sport and education. News
photos
http://petra.gov.jo/Temp/Images/Original/News-35808.jpg
http://petra.gov.jo/Temp/Images/Original/News-35807.jpg

WOW!!Mrs Alieva is real beauty she looks so beautiful and very elegant:flowers::flowers:
QRania looks great too i don't like what she is wearing though.

Last edited:
Rania's outfit seems way too casual for an official visit to another country. She's dressed in what essentially looks like a sundress.

It was nice to see Mrs. Alieva without her signature updo hairstyle. Neatly styled loose hair makes her look a bit younger. Of course, the whole outfit is classical as expected. I am surprised with Her Majesty's choice of the ensemble. Although Queen Rania did not choose to wear another outfit with a belt, the dress seemed a bit noisy. I liked the jacket and hairstyle though. I wonder whether there will be a gala dinner.

Azərbaycan Respublikasının Prezidenti

The Azerbaijan president has photos from the first day on his website. Just click on the link for the story, then click on the photo icon to get a larger version of the photo. Some of the photos have a few others accompanying them in a slideshow, such as the welcoming ceremony. Nothing from any possible banquet in the evening, though.

Thanks for the photos.

Both ladies look great, I love the colour of Mrs. Aliyev's suit yesterday. Rania's dress today is very pretty, nice bright colours.

I'm highly suspicious that she returned to Jordan at the end of the trip. Why would she fly back to Jordan only to fly to the Netherlands either later today or very early tomorrow morning? I suspect she flew to the Netherlands from Azerbaijan. That would make the most sense.

I have just moved several posts discussing Queen Rania's fashion to Queen Rania's fashion thread Please remember this is about the King & Queen's visit and not fashion. For a more detailed discission please do it at the fashion thread.

Thank you

I really like dress it was something different i think... Is this Prince hashem in background of sencond picture?

(Office of Her Majesty, Press Department - Baku) While accompanying His Majesty King Abdullah II on a working trip to Azerbaijan, Her Majesty Queen Rania paid a visit to the Heydar Aliyev Foundation to see their work in enhancing cross cultural dialogue in the fields of culture, science and technology, sport and education. Rania Al Abdullah Queen of Jordan Official Web Site

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3

King, Azerbaijani President Open 2nd Jordanian Exhibition in Baku

Baku, May 6 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II and the Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev accompanied by Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah and Mrs. Aliyev, opened in the Azerbaijani capital Baku today, the 2nd Jordanian Exhibition which was organized by the Jordan Enterprise Development Corporation (JEDCO).

Their Majesties, president Aliyev and his wife toured the exhibition, which is attended by 45 companies and corporations from the public and private sectors. Petra

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5

I'm highly suspicious that she returned to Jordan at the end of the trip. Why would she fly back to Jordan only to fly to the Netherlands either later today or very early tomorrow morning? I suspect she flew to the Netherlands from Azerbaijan. That would make the most sense.

Netherlands? Why are they visiting the Netherlands? King & QUeen?

(Office of Her Majesty, Press Department - Baku) While accompanying His Majesty King Abdullah II on a working trip to Azerbaijan, Her Majesty Queen Rania paid a visit to the Heydar Aliyev Foundation to see their work in enhancing cross cultural dialogue in the fields of culture, science and technology, sport and education. Rania Al Abdullah Queen of Jordan Official Web Site

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3

King, Azerbaijani President Open 2nd Jordanian Exhibition in Baku

Baku, May 6 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II and the Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev accompanied by Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah and Mrs. Aliyev, opened in the Azerbaijani capital Baku today, the 2nd Jordanian Exhibition which was organized by the Jordan Enterprise Development Corporation (JEDCO).

Their Majesties, president Aliyev and his wife toured the exhibition, which is attended by 45 companies and corporations from the public and private sectors. Petra

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5

very pretty dress, and very pretty colors, the queen has a very nice taste

Back
Top Bottom