Zara Phillips Current Events 3: September 2007-June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zara has been at the hospital after Mike collapsed in agony following a tackle in the 64th minute of Saturday's match. Mike had bruising to the liver and has been ruled out of the tournamnet. Poor Mike and Zara.

OMG that sounds awful...:ohmy:

Speaking of that...haven't they been going out a long while? They may unofficially engaged...Zara seems really low key and not the big wedding type. So I don't think she would want all the hype...

This is kinda off topic but I was wondering if any one knew what breed of horse Toytown is and what breed Zara's other horses are

This is kinda off topic but I was wondering if any one knew what breed of horse Toytown is and what breed Zara's other horses are
Sportsmail can reveal that the horse was the product of an accidental liaison in a field in Kent between a recently castrated two-year-old Irish stallion and a four-year-old Dutch chestnut mare. Not exactly the bluest of blood and not what you would call thorough breeding

Riddle of Zara's frog prince is solved by Sportsmail | the Daily Mail

Skydragon, right about now dont you think the owner of the sire is kicking himself for gelding the colt? There was a famous racehorse in the US called Forego that did absolutely nothing until it was gelded, and then went on to win and win everything in sight. The owner was quoted saying to the vet who had cut the colt "I paid you $500 to take them off. I'll give you $500,000 to put them back on!"

She has a diary in the new Hello magazine...it's a cool read if you like Zara.

Pics 20.2.2008

Zara Phillips with Toytown at the Equestrian Senior Training
Squad, Stow-on-the Wold, Gloucestershire, Britain - 20 Feb 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

It's all a happening thing.

Toytown and Zara Phillips on Beijing trail - Olympics - Telegraph

So; as to the question of the breeding of her horses, Tiger lily is a piebold from the Queen. I wonder which one was bred by her mother? I missed any reference last season to any such one but I remember picking up on Tiger Lily as soon as she was listed and remembered her from the birthday photo.

So; if Zara is driving down to Portugal, does that mean does she have a truck licience?

So; if Zara is driving down to Portugal, does that mean does she have a truck licience?
She doesn't need one in the UK, you can drive up to 3.5 tonnes on an ordinary driving licence. :flowers:

She has a HGV licence
'I've got my provisional. I'm meant to be taking it this winter, but I haven't booked my theory yet.". DEC 2006, however depending on the size of the box, she can drive it on an ordinary UK car driving licence.
Horsebox Co & DSA sites confirming this.

More answers here.

Homepage - British Eventing

Click on the going to Portugal story and there is the full list of her entries and their breeding.

By clicking on the Be Informed and clicking the audio interviews, there are a number of interviews with Zara and in one of them she said that Red Baron does not have enough blood in him and is not quick enough over the cross country. I presume she meant that he is not throughbred ex-racehorse enough.

Yes, by 'blood' riders usually mean thoroughbred 'hot' blood. TB blood is very much associated with being fast and brave especially cross country....willing to fight for the win. Still by far the favoured type for 3 day. Not so much for Show Jumping or Dressage, at present time.

I love this painting! It is so modern and elegant. I love that it is so different from the traditional paintings that we see of royals, where they are looking at the viewer wearing a tiara and sash. This painting is elegant and Zara looks fabulous in it.

Her recent photos and portrait

Zara is something else. I would like to say that I am completely astounded by her accomplishments. Continually, she shows that she is a complete woman, and that more importantly, she is having a good time.:flowers:

Zara is 'appearing' in an advertisement for sport relief, at the moment.

I read in a portuguese magazin "Nova Gente" that Zara Phillips it's in Portugal for an horse tournment!

From this BritishEventing website

Homepage - British Eventing

the Barroca 1 results for 27 Feb are available for Glenbuck,Tsunami 11 and Secert Legacy. Click on the link to the Barroca website and then follow the various links. ( It's a bit slow.)

I presume that Toytown is competing this weekend in Barroca 2.

From the entries it looks like a major event but I haven't found any other references to this event.

Toytown

I am wondering about the horse that she rides, "Toytown". I know that the animal had an injury a few years ago. Has it had any other injuries? Where did the show jumper get the name?

Zara has been most careful of Toytown's welfare since that last injury which happened, if my memory serves me right and from what I have been able to put together, when she was in Sydney in November 2003 for the Rugby International.

I wouldn't read too much into a horse's name as it has to be a new name to get registered so owners have to come up with something new each time.

But I do think owners have to be careful. One of Zara's early rides was a horse of her father's called Dingbat. Which is a dreadful name. Horses are sensitive and they do learn some of human language and hearing one's name over the loud speaker at horse shows and having people laugh at it would be very embarrassing for a sensitive horse. There is a photo of Zara and Dingbat on Gettys or Corbis. I think it is the sadest photo of a horse I have ever seen. It is clearly embarrassed and I think it was because of its name and not his poor performances.

How did she do that! I have a hard time not laughing no matter what. I would have never survived!

I always have a fondness for black and white photos. They are the hardest to "fake". Zara looked absolutely stunning in it. She strikes me as a difficult subject to capture. She is not photogenic all around, but when the camera catches the right moment, she can be extraordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom