Your Favorite Royal

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Anne Marie. Born a Princess became a Queen at 18. Exiled at 21.
Kept her family together. Raised five beautiful children. Suffered the loss of children when she miscarried. Kept her dignity her radiant smile and her beauty intact. A beautiful lady inside and out.

Kept her family together. Raised five beautiful children. Suffered the loss of children when she miscarried. Kept her dignity her radiant smile and her beauty intact. A beautiful lady inside and out.
Odette when does she miscarried?

She is indeed beautiful lady.

My favorite is, and I think will always be, Queen Elizabeth II of the UK. What a grand, wonderful lady she is.

Well said - an amazing lady, especially when you consider she was basically the age of most college kids at the time.

Magnik, Anne Marie lost a baby in December 1967 at the beginning of the exile in Rome, and I think she miscarried another in the late 1970s or early 80s.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I also love Harald and Sonja because I think they have such a beautiful love story. I can't imagine how long those 9 years must have seemed at times!

And I love Fabiola too - she and Baudouin had such a beautiful marriage. I think it would be unbearable for a mother to lose five children, but she's always been such a bright, cheerful woman. An inspiration.

Odette when does she miscarried?

She is indeed beautiful lady.

Magnik, Maura replied to your question. The Queen wanted a larger family and was rewarded with two more beautiful children when her elder ones were amost away to school.
Theodora means in Greek. Gift of the Gods.:flowers:

Magnik, Maura replied to your question. The Queen wanted a larger family and was rewarded with two more beautiful children when her elder ones were amost away to school.
Theodora means in Greek. Gift of the Gods.:flowers:
Thanks a lot Maura nad Odette for your replies
:flowers:

So isn't her situation (I mean misgarriages) similar to the late Grace of Monaco?

I like Queen Elizabeth II
Queen Rania
Grand Ducal family of Luxembourg
CP Mary
CP couple of Norway and the Netherlands

I absolutely LOVE Princess Maxima! She has the kind of personality that makes me smile just by looking at her.

Second would have to be Princess mary.

I absolutely love the grand ducal family of Luxembourg. They are my favourites for sure, though if I had to pick my absolute favourite, it would be Prince Felix. He's so handsome. And I also love Queen Rania of Jordan.

Lady Gabriella, her Father Prince James and Princess Louise of Wessex

I would choose Nikolaos for the personality and because of the fact that he has a Greek heart deep inside (considering the fact that he never lived here) :flowers: From the ladies I choose Olga of Greece and Queen Rania because of their personalities and great looks and taste :angel:

Jordanian royal family:- Queen Noor
Spanish royal family:- Princess Letizia
Norwegian royal family:- Prince Haakon & Princess Mette-Marit
Danish royal family:- Queen Margrethe, Princess Mary, Princess Marie, Countess Alexandra
Belgian royal family:- Princess Mathilde
Dutch royal family:- Queen Beatrix, Princess Maxima, Princess Mabel
Greek royal family:- Marie Chantal
Moroccan royal family:- King Muhammed
British royal family:- Princess Diana
Swedish royal family:- Prince Carl Philip
Monaco royal family:- Grace Kelly
The royal family of the UAE:- Princess Haya
The royal family of Liechtenstein:- Princess Tatjana, Princess Angela
The royal family of Luxembourg:- Tess Antony
The Imperial royal family of Japan:- Princess Masako

Denmark = Prince Frederik, Princess Mary, Prince Jaochim, Princess Nathalie, Prince Christian and Princess Isabella.
Britain = Prince William, Princess Eugenie, Lady Marina - Charlotte Windsor, Lady Amelia Windsor, Duchess of Gloucester.
Norway = Princess Martha - Louise.
Monaco = Prince Albert, Charlotte Casiraghi, Princess Alexandra.
Sweden = Princess Madeline
Belgium = Princess Mathilde, Princess Elisabeth, Princess Eleonore.

x

The Netherlands- Queen Beatrix, Princess Maxima, Prince WA, Princess Amalia, Princess Alexia, Princess Ariane
The Uae- Sheikh Mohammad, Sheikha Hind
Denmark- Queen Margrethe, Prince Frederik, Princess Mary, Princess Marie, Princess Isabella
Jordan- Queen Rania, Prince Hamzah
Norway- Prince Haakon, Princess Martha Louise
Sweden- King Carl Gustav, Queen Silvia, Princess Victoria
Belgium- Queen Paola, Princess Mathilde, Princess Eleonore
Britian- Prince Charles, Prince William
Spain- Prince Felipe, Princess Letizia
Morocco- Princess Lalla Salma

Who is your favorite royal and why? Their personality? The causes they champion? Something they've done in their lives that you really admire?

That's a tricky one. I really like Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, but I think I'd have to say Empress Michiko of Japan. She's so graceful, and I love how she wanted to raise her children herself.

Holland: Beatrix, WA&Maxima,
Denmark:Frederik&Mary
Belgium:paola, Claire
GB:Elizabeth, Charles, Sarah Chatto
Spain:Sofia, Christina (am in doubt about Juan Carlos since he alledgedly shot that bear in Russia)
Greece:Anne Marie

Princess Diana
Queen Alia of Jordon
Countess Alexandra
Princes William & Harry
Princess Grace
Princess Angela of Liechtenstein
Queen Elizabeth II

All the books I read and pictures I have veiwed there is no other royal lady that gives me pause other than HSH Princess Grace. Her beauty- her social causes- her grace is unquestionable and her sacrifices made her more human. She should have a wrtten:angel: a Princess ( How To) 101 book. LOL

UK:princess Diana,Prince William& Prince Harry

Denmark:prince Frederik&Countess Alexandra
(Prince Nikolai&Felix will be cuter than Prince William& Prince Harry when they grow up because they have very unique looks.hohohoh)

Spain:princess Letizia

Norway:HRH King n Queen of Norway
(love their journey together,,like the King wouldn't marry any other women besides his woman)

Last but not least>>>the Jordanian & Morocco Royalty.
Especially Queen Rania :ROFLMAO:

Historical figure: Queen Elisabeth of Belgium, née Duchess in Bavaria (1876-1965). She was a woman of substance and character who exhibited great compassion in the face of human suffering. She remained in Belgium throughout two world wars, when it would have been much safer & more comfortable to go into exile. She used her connections to protect Jews during WWII, which caused her to be proclaimed Righteous Among the Nations by the Israeli government. In the midst of it all, she managed a good marriage and a happy family life.

Present-day: The Prince and Princess of Orange, Willem-Alexander and M
áxima of the Netherlands. They are warm-hearted, obviously devoted to each other, to their children, and to their country. Princess Máxima may not have been born into a royal family, but she is clearly noble in the truest sense of that word. The real deal.

I'm "obsessed" with the british minor royals - the whole Kent-Family:

Prince George and Princess Marina,
Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, Lady Gabriella and Lord Freddie, Princess Alexandra aso

And I adore Lord Louis Mountbatten and his wife Lady Edwina :wub:

Also I have a special interest in the family of King George V. and Queen Mary (Duke of Windsor, Princess Mary etc.)

I think, this weaknesses are a little rare???

but she is clearly noble in the truest sense of that word.

What a nice thing to say, the late prine Claus commented on that too (before Máxima was around btw), and said that in the end the only nobility that mattered (to him) was the nobility of the heart.

Last edited:
I think it is lovely too (about Maxima)

but about Claus, he would say that being a minor noble before his mariage himself and I did read something about his being determined to make a "high" mariage in his bachelor days.

What a nice thing to say, the late prine Claus commented on that too (before Máxima was around btw), and said that in the end the only nobility that mattered (to him) was the nobility of the heart.

Favorite Royal : past or present

They could be little known or really famous like Queen Elizabeth I.

My favorite royals are Sonja of Norway, Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, and Mathilde of Belgium. The three seem like kindhearted women and I think it shows in their interactions with other people, especially family.
I also have a lot of respect for Queen Elizabeth II and of course, I have always loved Diana.

The Prince of Wales
The Duchess of Cornwall
HM The Queen
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh.

Britain - The late Princess Diana, Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince William, Kate Middleton, Prince Harry, Zara Phillips, Lord Frederick Windsor, Lady Gabriella Windsor, the Windsor Trio (Lord Downpatrick, Lady Marina-Charlotte and Lady Amelia).
Monaco - Princess Caroline, Princess Stephanie, the Casiraghi Trio (Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre), the Ducruet Siblings (Louis and Pauline), the late Princess Grace, the late Prince Rainier, Prince Albert II and Charlene Wittstock.
Spain - King Juan Carlos, Queen Sofia, Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia and their children, Infanta Christina and Don Iñaki Urdangarin and their children, Infanta Elena and Don Jaime de Marichalar and their son, Don Felipe de Todos los Santos de Marichalar y Borbon.
Belgium - King Albert II and Queen Paola, Princess Astrid and Archduke Lorenz and their children, Prince Amedeo, Princess Maria Laura, Prince Joachim, Princess Luisa Maria, and Princess Laetitia Maria, CP Philippe and CP Mathilde and their children.
Luxembourg - Grand Duke Jean and late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte, Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and their children, known as 'Luxembourg Five' :lol:, they are HGD Guillaume, Prince Felix, Prince Louis, Princess Alexandra and Prince Sebastien. I also include Princess Tessy and her children with husband, Prince Louis, they are Noah and Gabriel.
Denmark - Queen Margrethe and Prince Consort Henrik, and CP Frederik and CP Mary and their children, and Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and their children.
Norway - King Harald and Queen Sonja, CP Haakon and CP Mette-Marit and their children, and Princess Martha-Louise.
Sweden - King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, CP Victoria and CP Daniel, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine.
Netherlands - Queen Beatrix, CP Willem Alexander and Princess Maxima and their Children, Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien and their children, Prince Friso and Princess Mabel and their children, and the whole van Vollenhoven family.

:D

Jordan - The late King Hussein, Queen Noor, Princess Muna, King Abdullah and Queen Rania and family, Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor and family, Prince Hashem and Princess Fahdah and family, Prince Ali and Princess Rym and family, Princess Haya, Princess Aisha and family, Princess Zein and family, Prince Faisal and family, Princess Raiyah, and the newlywed Prince Rashid and Princess Zeina.

Morocco - King Mohammed VI and Princess Lalla Salma and family.

Iran - the former Empress of Iran, Farah Pahlavi and the late Shah of Iran, Mohammed Reza Pahlavi, the late Empress of Iran Soraya Estafandiary, the Crown Prince of Iran, Cyrus Reza Pahlavi and his wife, Princess Yasmine, and their three daughters, Princess Noor, Iman and Farah Pahlavi. I also include Princess Farahnaz Pahlavi, the late Princess Leila Pahlavi and the late Prince Ali Reza Pahlavi, who died only this year :cry:

Greece - King Constantine and Princess Anne-Marie. CP Pavlos and CP Marie Chantal and family, Prince Philippos and Princess Theodora.

my favourity royal members from each royal family reigning

Britain:
Late Princess Diana; Prince William; Duchess Catherine

Belgium:
Princess Mathilde and Princess Elisabeth

Denmark:
Princess Mary, Prince Christian, Princess Isabella and the little twin prince Vincent and Josephine

Japan:
Prince Naruhito; Princess Masako; Princess Aiko and Prince Hisahito

Jordan:
Queen Rania

Luxembourg:
Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume

Monaco:
Charlotte Casiraghi and Princess Charlene

Morocco:
Princess Lalla Salma; Prince Moulay Hassan and Princess Lalla Kadhija

Norway:
Princess Mette-Marit and Princess Ingrid Alexandra

Spain:
Infanta Leonor

Sweden:
Prince Daniel and CP Victoria

The Netherlands:
Princess Maxima and Princess Catharina-Amalia

I don't need long lists....

Queen Elizabeth II does it for me every time !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom