York Family News and Pictures 2: Sep 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think it's ok to sell access to Prince Andrew? Which to me shows what she will do for money
Certainly not! However, we all read the same garbage in the DM et al, for the most part, and you only have to see the headlines about "Sarah flying in a private jet" to see their slant on things.

I do not believe that many of these "scandals" have actually been scandals at all and if I were to wonder I would take my lead from HM. If, after all the scandalous headlines she finds it in herself to not only overlook Sarah's "outrageously shocking" lapses but to continue to extend both the hand of friendship and her hospitality to her, who am I to hold a judge. Queen Elizabeth is a practising Christian and obviously believes that forgiveness lies in the hands of God.

It is also worth noting that HM does not feel obliged to invite anyone but those she wants to her private homes of Sandringham and Balmoral.

I think it is also worth noting that not all of the BRF loath Sarah obviously HM doesn't and when William and Harry were younger they joined the annual skiing holiday with them.

After William had been with Catherine for a while he started holidaying in the sun with her and sometimes her family too. Harry has continued to join ALL or some of the York's for skiing at Verbier, military commitments not withstanding. I think last New Year was the first time he missed in ages. I believe he was off courting a lovely lady!

Harry is the closest cousin in age to Beatrice and Eugenie on the royal side. Andrew is also Harry's godfather. So it is totally not surprising that Harry would be close with the York family.

It is nice to see Princess Beatrice at this event yet why is her mother clinging the way she is to her daughter? Desperate or what here? This is just a sad state of affairs when the mother clings to her family like that. :sad:

It is nice to see Princess Beatrice at this event yet why is her mother clinging the way she is to her daughter? Desperate or what here? This is just a sad state of affairs when the mother clings to her family like that. :sad:

Yeah, it's sad when a mum hugs her daughter.

:previous:
It is never sad to see a mother hug her daughter, it is just at an event that a royal is being there for a reason that the mother should not be so clinging. Why couldn't Sarah just stand up straight and be in the event instead of clinging to her daughter is all I am trying to say. It would of IMHO have been nice to see Sarah supporting her daughter not clinging to her daughter, big difference.

It is never sad to see a mother hug her daughter, it is just at an event that a royal is being there for a reason that the mother should not be so clinging. Why couldn't Sarah just stand up straight and be in the event instead of clinging to her daughter is all I am trying to say. It would of IMHO have been nice to see Sarah supporting her daughter not clinging to her daughter, big difference.

Some are more touchy-freely than others. And seeing young people so ill and fighting for their lives would make most parents feel grateful for their own "child's" good health. Sarah doesn't need criticism for every single thing she does.

Why do you feel the need to question the idea of Sarah hugging her daughter?

Sarah and Eugenie are there visiting their charity of which they are both patron of.

Last edited:

I agree - obviously we don't know what was going on at the time these photographs were taken, but I think it would have looked more appropriate in the media if either Princess Eugenie, or Sarah, had attended this event alone, and had been shown paying more attention to the patients, rather than it being shown as a photo opportunity for them. The patients are the heroes here, not them.

Sarah and Eugenie are there visiting their charity of which they are both patron of.

That is Not what I was questioning and you know it, it was at an event with a royal person, supporting someone and clinging to someone are 2 very different things.......done with this.....:whistling:

I think a lot of this has to do with the layout of the article. That's not Sarah or Eugenie's fault but one decide on by the editors of the article. The first and primary photo puts the entire article into a "photo op" mode for Sarah and Eugenie with the top, prime focus on mother and daughter. The rest of the story has photos with the people they were interacting with and you'll notice that those photos are much smaller.

From a journalistic view, it should have been the other way around with the why they were there being the prime focus and not the who was there being made to be what draws the eye.

I've been wondering lately if maybe Sarah may be having balance issues as she gets a little older. She is almost always holding someone's hand or arm when she's walking, and she nearly always wears flats these days. I'm two years younger than she, and I know MY balance isn't what it used to be and I don't have to worry about press headlines such as "Fergie stumbles out of (fill in the blank)" every time I leave the house.

Unfortunate that the photos make Sarah look so desperate, sort of like a desperate teenager clutching a bf trying to tell the world 'mine mine mine.'
I can't think of another royal or famous person that I've ever seen hugging their adult daughter during a photo op at a charity visit to a cancer hospital in a patient's room- occasionally a patient will get a hug, there's a place and time where hugging your adult children in public is appropriate and this was not it, IMO.

Last edited:
:previous: I agree, sndral. Sarah wasn't greeting Eugenie after an absence, or comforting her. This behavior seems strange to me.

I would like to have seen video of this because it does look very strange from the photos

I don't see what is strange or odd? To me it's just one of those mom hugs. Do I do this to my kids? No. But I've seen mom/daughters joke around and hug in a similar manner.

LaRae

We've only seen a few pictures out of perhaps dozens which were taken. The shots were mostly casual, not posed. If Eugenie paid her mother a compliment, there could easily have been a spontaneous hug.

It seems sad that everything Sarah does, or says, or wears, is assessed as being inappropriate, or foolish, or ugly by the press and others. She doesn't deserve such constant public scorn.
IMO

One could say it was in fact Princess Eugenie (not Bea) doing the supporting. Sarah has been patron of Teenage Cancer trust for 27 years, taking on the patronage back in 1990. It is one she has continued to be active in since her divorce, opening many of their locations. Like Children in crisis, she has brought her daughters into her work with the charity.

I don't find anything unusual about the two of them sharing a moment together. Being at a childrens hospital with sick kids could be emotional.

That is not a hug.
It is more like a stranglehold!

We've only seen a few pictures out of perhaps dozens which were taken. The shots were mostly casual, not posed. If Eugenie paid her mother a compliment, there could easily have been a spontaneous hug.

It seems sad that everything Sarah does, or says, or wears, is assessed as being inappropriate, or foolish, or ugly by the press and others. She doesn't deserve such constant public scorn.
IMO
I have to agree, the 'spin' on the York family is always negative and the very worst is aimed at Sarah. So her mother gave her a squeeze, we know that out of the hundreds of snaps taken at high speed result in a really good choice. That embrace could have just been a two second squeeze and moving on with what they were seeing and doing.

The photo chosen to lead the story was incredibly misleading but hey, it's the York's so they trash them. I am tired of those who are so shallow as to do that and for all the posts on other threads asserting and reminding members that the DM was not considered a reputable source, for Sarah those same people make an exception! :bang:

I have to agree, the 'spin' on the York family is always negative and the very worst is aimed at Sarah. So her mother gave her a squeeze, we know that out of the hundreds of snaps taken at high speed result in a really good choice. That embrace could have just been a two second squeeze and moving on with what they were seeing and doing.

The photo chosen to lead the story was incredibly misleading but hey, it's the York's so they trash them. I am tired of those who are so shallow as to do that and for all the posts on other threads asserting and reminding members that the DM was not considered a reputable source, for Sarah those same people make an exception! :bang:

Absolutely, a snap in time. I doubt Sarah hung on to Eugenie, it was a hug.

Given Eugenie's own history with and treatment for scoliosis as a child, I can well understand Sarah giving her daughter a quick squeeze as they visited the hospital. But as said, the positives of the visit are ignored and the negatives, aimed at Sarah are all that are reported or commented on.

The comments on the Daily Mail on York stories are very, very predictable...mostly about Sarah's wrinkles and how much she has aged. A few "pointless woman," "waste of space," "Sarah would turn up at the opening of an envelope," "scroungers," "shameless self-promotion," and that pretty much rounds it up!

I think it is ridiculous that Sarah gets criticized just for hugging her daughters, especially on royal forums. On the Daily Mail, people just go there to make snarky comments about celebrities' looks/weight/spending, for the most part...but I'd hope the discussion can be more substantial on a royal forum.

:previous: Totally agree.

Sarah really is in a no win situation whatever she does. And it rubs off on her daughters. Just like Bea and Eugenie, no matter what they do, people spin it as self promotion, holiday or something else. No matter what they do charity wise, there is nothing but criticism for it. Doesn't help the daily fail always spins it in the negative and many readers seem to be sheep.

Sarah is not there for self promotion. Or hanging on. Like Diana, Sarah didn't simply abandon her charities when she got divorced. Anyone who cares to take off the tinted daily fail glasses would notice how active she has been with both Cancer trust and children in crisis for the past decades. Instead of being recognized for her continued commitment to her charities even as a private citizen, she is slammed for being out for attention.

Countessmeout;2019248 Sarah is not there for self promotion. Or hanging on. Like Diana said:
I think she is generally slammed because, if you read the comments, there is a feeling that she does rather well out of her charity work.

I honestly don't know what, if any, remuneration she receives.

But the sense I get is that she is criticized for seeking money, rather than for seeking attention.

I think she is generally slammed because, if you read the comments, there is a feeling that she does rather well out of her charity work.

I honestly don't know what, if any, remuneration she receives.

But the sense I get is that she is criticized for seeking money, rather than for seeking attention.

Yes, when she goes to Australia or such and makes an appearance at a charity benefit she gets paid. Celebrities all do, that is a reality. Zara does.

But the Cancer trust???? How anyone can suggest a cancer charity is paying her to tour the hospital I don't get at all. People just like to paint anyone with York attached to their name as freeloading mooches, no matter what they do. Why their charity work only gets attention usually when there is some way to paint it as a holiday or in some other negative light.

Sarah has done these kinds of visits for 27 years. But we only hear about it when there is some way to spin it in the negative. This time, to criticize her and her daughter.

Sometimes people in life repeat the same mistake over and over again, time after time, the same old story, so how much is a person to take when this goes on for decades. Sarah has not and IMHO will never learn to take care of one person in her life that should be important..*Sarah*. She runs, clings, depends on her family to pick her up, pick up the pieces of her shattered plans again.......there are people in life that do that for they do not know how to stand on their own *2 feet and accept responsibility for their decisions and mistakes*, Sarah is one of them from all that I see and read in the news around the world. I can accept her behavior once, twice yet 3 times you make a fool of yr family and the world......so no I am not a Sarah fan as it is well know nor a fan of anyone who has done the same thing over and over again to the point of no return.

I look at her like someone who does drugs, booze

(and no I am NOT saying that she does this for I do not know personally so don't jump to conclusions that I am)

who cries wolf all the time and says they will change, she never changes. I see behavior patterns in her that are still the same from the day of her divorce, so what Sarah reaps, Sarah sows and it all comes down to *her behavior* over the decades not anyone else. I don't give her a pass now for nothing in her behavior has changed regardless of whom she has a good relationship or not. Sarah is not a victim here, she knows just what she is doing and how to get it. If anyone is the victim it is the people that *Enable* her constantly.

I apologize to the mods for my rant. I will now go back to my hole and hide :hiding: and shut up for I know that I am kicking a :deadhorse:for in the end it is just MHO of Sarah, not anyone elses. We all can't agree on everything or everyone....

I just really think that in order to judge a person's behavior patterns, one would actually need to know the person. We don't see Sarah's day to day life or what she does day in and day out. We see how the media portrays Sarah and we know that over the years, they've been biased.

Her family loves her so she must be doing something right. Somewhere.

We see how the media portrays Sarah and we know that over the years, they've been biased.

This, so much this! And not just Sarah.
Sarah has made some pretty bad mistakes in her personal life. But the continuing trashing of all the Yorks is based on dollars for the media--positive stories don't get the clicks, comments or sales.

I have always been a fan of Sarah...however she does exasperate me sometimes. You can pick out the pattern of low self esteem and self sabatoge that's gone on her whole life. Sometimes I think it's amazing she's coped as well as she has when you look back from when she became a public figure.

I think her general attitude now is that she's going to do what she wants with her appearances, her family and her personal relationships (with Andrew or whoever) because the media is going to always try to put her in a negative light. Can't say I blame her even if she's been the one to provide them with the stories (by her behavior).

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom