Wedding of Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: July 17, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do we know if Beatrice and Edoardo are on honeymoon in the UK?

They said "no immediate honeymoon plans".

Hotels are open, so, as long as they're OK with staying in a public hotel, they could be, but they said they didn't have any plans.

Do we know if Beatrice and Edoardo are on honeymoon in the UK?

Based on press commentary, they are not going away just yet, but may go sometime later.

They have been spotted on a road trip, driving throughout France. The vehicle loaded with luggage, Edoardo at the wheel...just the two of them.

It sounds terribly romantic, honestly.?

I suppose Parvin must have designed and made it.

I think her wedding dress outshine all Royal weddings in recent years.

:previous: Perhaps for British Royal weddings...but not all Royal weddings in general. There are other wedding dresses I like better.

But for romance Beatrice takes the prize. The overall effect...venue, gown, tiara, florals, photos...was absolutely stunning.?

I read the whole thread and I'm happy to share the opinion of many who loved the whole concept of the wedding. Beatrice looked stunning, the dress was unique and wonderful, the atmosphere must have been lovely. She really made the best of a difficult situation with Covid restrictions - and for me, her wedding photos top most of what I've seen from other royal weddings. Intimate, loving, and the strong connection to her grandparents - what could be more fitting for a princess?

I wish her and her sister all the happiness in the world.

:previous: The wedding photo featuring Beatrice and Edo in silhouette in the gardens at Royal Lodge after the ceremony was inspired.

Best Royal wedding photo ever, imo:p

Welcome to TRF.:flowers:

Were any white Roses of York used in the floral decorations of the wedding?

I read the whole thread and I'm happy to share the opinion of many who loved the whole concept of the wedding. Beatrice looked stunning, the dress was unique and wonderful, the atmosphere must have been lovely. She really made the best of a difficult situation with Covid restrictions - and for me, her wedding photos top most of what I've seen from other royal weddings. Intimate, loving, and the strong connection to her grandparents - what could be more fitting for a princess?

I wish her and her sister all the happiness in the world.

Oh yes, I agree. Of all the huge fancy royal weddings with well-known personalities taking up photos in media because they attended, this small loving happy wedding is one that I would have loved to attend or at lease seen a video of ceremony. Sometimes the large ones seem more like a staged circus whereas small and intimate can bring tears for its sweetness. Maybe just my 78 year old sensitivity making an appearance!

Well Winnie, the wedding of the heirs heir was as it had to be. There were State and Diplomatic rules to follow especially as we are all aware the when the time comes it could be Charles rules for 2 or 20 years.

A large part of theroyal family in any democracy is to be at the beck and call of the government through the foreign affairs department so a private service would definitely not have flown.

Harry and Meghan, although smaller would also not have flown any more than Eugenie and Jack would have been allowed a private wedding.

But, for Eugenie and her Edo the stars aligned and she got to have a totally private wedding and judging from the photos, it was perfect for them. Bea and Edo made a realistic decision on their wedding that they would never have gotten away with in this "entitled" time but along came Covid-19 and the county and the the world changed.

Beatrice sensibly ditched her original plans for her dress (it was after all being designed for the same type of wedding her sister had at Windsor Chapel). The guest list may have been more or less the same.

But the wedding was to he held in All Saints Chapel in Great Windsor Park with a maximum of 20 guests. Her entire wedding ensemble was (we understand) organized in a couple of weeks and wearing one of 'Granny's couture gowns minus the more voluminous petticoats was inspired and her hair was how she almost always wears it and Granny topped it off with a cracker tiara.

They threw us a bone they didn't have to with the photos but they looked so serene and in love and so dit Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip for that matter.

We may live in different times for as long as the next decade but I think the royal reporters will again be demanding a seat to see what they (theoretically) paid for.

A large part of theroyal family in any democracy is to be at the beck and call of the government through the foreign affairs department so a private service would definitely not have flown.

Harry and Meghan, although smaller would also not have flown any more than Eugenie and Jack would have been allowed a private wedding.

IMO, H&M could have had a much smaller wedding, if they so wanted to.

IMO, H&M could have had a much smaller wedding, if they so wanted to.
I agree and so could Eugenie. Who on earth would/could have stopped any of them having a small and/or private wedding? I enjoyed the spectacle of both weddings but found Harry's OTT for a divorced bride.

I agree and so could Eugenie. Who on earth would/could have stopped any of them having a small and/or private wedding? I enjoyed the spectacle of both weddings but found Harry's OTT for a divorced bride.

It really is down to the couple in question. Great oppotunity to bring tgether close friends like Oprah and the Clooney's, with former friends like Skippy! ?

It really is down to the couple in question. Great oppotunity to bring tgether close friends like Oprah and the Clooney's, with former friends like Skippy! ?

A great ptiy they didn't have a quiet private wedding like Beatrice's....

Princess Michael of Kent, also a divorced bride, had a big wedding when marrying Prince Michael of Kent.

At the time Harry and Meghan's was considered small partly because it was being compared to Andrew and Sarah's, which isn't a particularly good comparison because Andrew was the 2nd son of the Monarch, not the PoW.

Andrew gets the "blame" for Eugenie's being as big as it was, (and I really liked it) but we don't really know if she herself wanted it like that or not.

I doubt any will be as small as Bea's because most people want more than 20 guests if they aren't eloping but it has opened up the possibilities of what a Royal Wedding can look like and still have that royal feeling. With the help of an amazing tiara.

Last edited:
At the time Harry and Meghan's was considered small partly because it was being compared to Andrew and Sarah's, which isn't a particularly good comparison because Andrew was the 2nd son of the Monarch, not the PoW.

I do not seem to recall Harry & Meghan's wedding being referred to as small.

Princess Michael of Kent, also a divorced bride, had a big wedding when marrying Prince Michael of Kent.

She had a wedding abroad, as i recall... and seh had had her marriage annulled by the Catholic Chruch, so as a Catholic she was a single woman

Andrew gets the "blame" for Eugenie's being as big as it was, (and I really liked it) but we don't really know if she herself wanted it like that or not.

I doubt any will be as small as Bea's because most people want more than 20 guests if they aren't eloping but it has opened up the possibilities of what a Royal Wedding can look like and still have that royal feeling. With the help of an amazing tiara.

Harry and Meghan's wedding was smaller than Eugenie and Jack's wedding.

I saw a lot on forums like this and in a few articles, questioning why it wasn't at Westminster Abbey because he was the son of the future King. And was this because of Meghan being divorced etc...

Maybe not widespread but it was there when the choice of St George's was announced. That announcement was soon followed by the statement that it was their own choice because they had done a lot of "courting" at Windsor when Meghan was in the UK.

Edit: Then we had Andrew boasting that Eugenie and Jack had more guests than Harry and Meghan because they had so many friends.

Last edited:

It was a lot smaller than Andrew's but A's was in the 1980s when the RF was very popular and riding high and he was the second son of the Monarch. Harry is the second son of the heir and its the 2010s.. A lot has changed and for security and other reasons, it was bound to be smaller. Basically the people aren't that into royal weddings any more. They may like an individual royal and follow his marriage, they may expect the heir's heir, like William to have big ceremony but younger sons, Eugenie etc etc just are not going to get the big ceremony any more

Yes, but here we are talking about a woman that the QUEEN of the UK finds to be too grand :lol:

She had a wedding abroad, as i recall... and seh had had her marriage annulled by the Catholic Chruch, so as a Catholic she was a single woman

It is still a divorce. As a Catholic, the Catholic Church seems to allow their prominent members of the society to annul marriages, instead of calling it what it is. A case in point, Joe Kennedy Jr. (Robert Kennedy's son) married 12 years & two children, had his marriage annulled; Rudy Juliani's first 14 year marriage annulled; John Kerry's first 18 year marriage & two children, annulled.

The process of annulment is not easy for the lower class Catholics so when they are divorced, they are not allowed to receive communion or even re-marry in Church.

Last edited:
Yes, but here we are talking about a woman that the QUEEN of the UK finds to be too grand :lol:

She ahd a wedding in a civil ceremony abroad, as was considered normal for a relative of the queen's marrying someone who had been divorced..It was not in any way an official royal event...

Back
Top Bottom