Videos: new upload feature

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tech Admin

Administrator
City
Huntsville
Country
United States
We have a new feature here at TRF that will automatically embed videos from popular Video sites (Youtube for example) in the posts.

All that you have to do is simply post the url and the plugin will take care of the rest :)

Let us know if you find one not working :)

wow, that was fast...thank you for adding the new feature! :flowers: we don't even have to use the tag commands.

Last edited:
A page of videos can take some time to load but embedding has been programmed into the Forums for overall convenience.

Hey can someone tell me how to post a video link without actually downloadong that video..please lemme know

Last edited by a moderator:
To post a video link to copy the URL and paste.

Last edited by a moderator:
vkrish said:
Hey can someone tell me how to post a video link without actually downloading that video
If you just want to post the YouTube link without actually embedding the video in the post, the easiest method is:

> copy and paste the url (link) into the post;
> insert a 'blocker' character, eg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSyLLWZ5jp8

Although the http... prefix may sometimes appear as a link in the finished post, the serves to disrupt the url coding and prevents the video from being downloaded/embedded.

The blocker can be any character so long as it's readily identifiable as a blocker and not mistaken as part of the link.
The blocking character can be easily deleted by a third party when they copy and paste the link into their browser.

The blocking character I've used in this example, , is ALT+254 coloured red.
[ie while the ALT key is held down, key 254 on the number pad, then release]

Last edited:
New Feature: Videos

Hello everyone! I just wanted to announce that we are testing a new feature that allows you to upload videos to your posts. When you click the "Manage Attachments" button, you should see an option to upload a video. Here is a screenshot:

Capture.JPG

It is also located right under the message area when you are making a new post/thread. If you add a video there, it will start uploading immediately.

I recommend starting with some small videos if possible. The current limit is 500MB for videos.

This is a new feature, and I expect there to be some bugs, so please do not hesitate posting problems that you may be having.

So to launch the first public video here, here you go:

Back
Top Bottom