Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 2: September 2010 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the information. But the pic is from last year - 1st October. ;)
I hope we will see next week pics from the new campaign. :flowers:

I know that the photo is old, but it is a press release, so we can't help it.

Svensk Damtidning has a big article with air photos of Victoria's and Daniel's new summer house in Solliden, "Villa Skönvik", at their latest issue which came out yesterday.
So of course Expressen has copied the idea and flewn over the new house. Johan T Lindwall praises the villa and tells that the rocking horse at the yard is actually the same rocking horse the king and her sisters played with at the Haga Palace when they were children. Lindwall says to know that the villa was inaugurated in the evening of Victoria's birthday 14th July, when the whole royal family, including the german relatives, were invited to the villa.
Article and video
Här är familjens nya drömestelle Leva & bo Inredning, tips om möbler, trädgård, heminredning, bygg Expressen
Translation

Svensk Damtidning asked architect Rasmus Wærn from Wingårdh Arkitektkontor to look at the photos of the villa.
He says that the house looks nice and sympathetically discreet. Easy and lucid but not trivial minimal. That the architect is experienced is clearly seen from on the dainty proportions, roof detail and how the water has been taken care of. He is happy that his future head of state builds a house like this, more discreet that it needed to be. If he had to guess who the orderer were he would have thought a discreet person with good resources but no need to show it. The house follows the traditional Öland's way to build. Rasmus says that the sheet metal roof gives the house a visually lighter character with thin, light eaves and delicate simple connections that can not be created with tile roofs.

Victorias och Daniels nya hem Stoppa Pressarna

Video about the villa
Här är Victoria och Daniels nya sommarhus! Åsas kungliga Europa

Last edited:
Annika Sönnerberg from the court press department says that Victoria, Daniel and Estelle have spent as much of their free time in Öland as they have been able to. Spending time in Öland is extra fun now when Estelle is there. Victoria has spent a lot of time in Öland since her childhood and she appreciates being there with Estelle now. Victoria appreciates walks at Alvaret, it is all about the nature and ability to spend time out.
And this weekend, it is the harvest festival on Öland. The royal family doesn't attend this year, but has been there several times before, and the King is also a member of the association of Årets Ölänningar which is involved in organizing.
Skördefest på Estelles nya favoritplats Kvällsposten
Translation

Svensk Damtidning has a big article with air photos of Victoria's and Daniel's new summer house in Solliden, "Villa Skönvik", at their latest issue which came out yesterday.
Video about the villa

I must say I am very much against this flying over the property and air photos!! far too indiscreet to my view!!!!! !!!!!!

According to Twitter and Facebook, Victoria and Estelle were on Thursday on a "tourist" horse and carriage ride in Diplomatstaden in Stockholm. And on Friday Daniel and Estelle were at Junibacken. Junibacken is a children’s museum on the island of Djurgården. The museum is devoted to Swedish children’s literature, but especially Astrid Lindgren.

Last edited:
Expressen tells about the visits Daniel and Estelle have made to Astrid Lindgren's Junibacken, Svensk Damtidning wrote about that last week.
Maria Reuterskiöd from Junibacken tells to Expressen, that Estelle has been there with her father, Prince Daniel. The first time was just a couple weeks ago, they called in advance and told that they planned to come. After that, they have just come like other visitors. They were here only last week. They have going around just the two of them, but she understands they have thrived. They have seen some of the performances.
Currently there is shown Per Gustavsson's "When princesses take vacation" about a pretty tough little princess who goes on holiday and what happens then. She camps, eats cake and plays hide and seek, says Reuterskiöld.
They have also seen play "Bokstavsbageriet".
Estelle and Daniel have also aten lunch at Junibacken, at the last visit they had meatballs.
It costs 145 SEK for adults, it is free for Estelle, because only after the child is 2 years old, it costs 125 SEK.
Annika Sönnerberg from press department says that Estelle thinks it is fun to visit Junibacken. She knows that the crown princess couple reads very much for Estelle, Astrid Lindren and other storybooks.
Prinsessan Estelle har fått en ny favorit Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

With the Week of the Princess Cake (in the end of September) The Association of Swedish bakers & confectioners donated 369 000 SEK to Victoriafonden, The Foundation of Crown Princess Victoria. During the week 10 SEK of every Princess Cake and 2,50 SEK of every pastry sold in Sweden by The members of the Association of Swedish bakers & confectioners went to Victoriafonden.
Victoria with the cheque
Sveriges bagare & konditorer - Sveriges bagare & konditorer ger 369.000 kronor till Victoriafonden! - Mynewsdesk

A new patronage for Daniel:
He is the patron of the swedish male choir Västgöta Nations Manskör.
Prince Daniel and the choir has on previous occasions had the opportunity to get acquainted with each other. The choir performed for Daniel and Victoria at a lunch last year in Uppsala. The choir sees Prince Daniel accepting protectorate in recognition of the choir's success in different contexts. The choir won the first prize in the male choir class at the international competition in Krakow in June this year.
Västgöta Nations Manskör Korgossarna - H.K.H Prins Daniel - VGMKs beskyddare
Translation

But the court hasn't still put Daniel's patronages to his website like the other family members have.

Last edited:
Today was the Father's Day in Sweden, Svensk Damtidning speculated that Estelle is too little to give drawings as a gift, but perhaps she has collected a lot of chestnuts from the garden of the Haga Palace? Daniel is often seen cycling with Estelle in the Haga Park and nowadays they also go often to Astrid Lindgren's Junibacken.

According to messages at Facebook, Victoria, Daniel and Estelle were on Sunday at the Advent Church Service at the Royal Chapel. Estelle smiled and waved to everyone when they arrived.

Last edited:
Victoria has given an interview to Stadsmission

With Dagens Industri is tomorrow distributed the newspaper of Stadsmission, which has an interview with Crown Princess Victoria.
Stockholm Stadsmission releases business magazine Mission Business for the second year in a row.
The purpose of the paper is to increase corporate social involvement and encourage more businesses to get involved. The magazine, produced by volunteers including employees on behalf publicist Spoon.
- I became a journalist because I wanted to make the world a bit better, and now I had the chance to do just that, says Ann Olrin, Editor and Account Manager at Spoon to Dagens Media.
Just that the work has been non-profit, it has helped to get the interview with Victoria.
In a six page interview Victoria tells, among other things, about her views on alienation. At the interview Victoria meets Mats, who previously lived a life of homelessness.
- The Crown Princess was very empathetic and genuinely interested in getting to know the people in the business, says Sofia Lundberg, editor of Mission Business who interviewed the Crown Princess, in a press release.
Stadmissionen får intervju med kronprinsessan - Dagens Media
http://www.resume.se/Thumbnails/8ae...3f6/250/0/3200082347/4294506487/Victoria2.jpg

Stockholm Stadsmission is a non-profit making organization was founded in 1853. It provides help for people in and around Stockholm and care for people from all parts of the country.

Last edited:
Expressen writes about Victoria's interview at Stadsmission's magazine

Crown Princess Victoria is strongly involved in the Stockholm City Mission (Stadsmission) and the people who receive help from it. Victoria wants to try to volunteer to help others.
- We've talked about different possibilities for how it would be possible. It's a goal, she says to the Mission Business magazine.
Victoria was interviewed at her visit. She had a long conversation with Mats, one of those who finally got a home of their own.
Victoria talks about that the social climate can be hard, it places heavy demands on individuals.
- To suddenly face a crisis can strike anyone, and one should be very humble in front of it. Just that thought. When coming into contact with people of vulnerability or people who have problems in different ways. It could be me, it could be a family member. It is important to dare to see the individual and give people a chance.
Victoria (the patron of Stockholm City Mission since 2010) has studied the business and talked to both helpers and those who have got help many times.
- I get very involved. I have met so many nice and strong personalities every time I've visited Stockholm City Mission. There are both people who have got their place in life and people who do not yet have it. In their vulnerability, they are incredibly strong individuals. Individuals who make an impression, says the Crown Princess.
Victoria says that we all have a responsibility to society to get a little warmer, a little more loving. And that she would like to work as a volunteer.
- I admire the people who give of themselves, they have it in theirselves naturally. Like a friend of mine, she is a mother of four and has the least chaotic home, yet she tries always to prioritize her volunteer work. She feels it gives her so much. I think this is beautiful. The power of charity is that there are so many ways to help. It can sometimes also be reaching out to someone you know, someone in the circle of acquaintances, says Crown Princess Victoria who sends a thought to the readers:
- I think it's important to be compassionate. Constantly strive to try to be a good human being. It is important not to stand by and watch, but to contribute to it as you can. With money, expertise or time. Everyone can help.
Victoria Viktigt att vara medmänsklig Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Victoria's interview at Stockholms Stadsmissions (Stockholm City Mission) Mission Business -magazine. The interview was done in 26th October, Victoria had later in the evening the formal gathering of the Royal Academy of Engineering Sciences.
Victoria came to Stadsmission's premises and met Mats, a man who has finally got an own home, and ate lunch with him. Victoria got information about Blixtjobb, Stadsmission's project to get temporary work for the homeless. And project Bostad först, which tries to find places to stay and homes for the homeless. Victoria said that they talked how they could unite Blixtjobb to the court's work. It may not be easy, but maybe that is possible in the future. Victoria talks about how involved she is at the work of Stadsmission. She talks also about how hers and Daniel's The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation has given a donation to Stadsmission. Victoria says that she hopes that their Foundation can make a difference. It is still very young, but they hope that in the long term they have supported and helped people who really need help. She says also that during hers and Daniel's trips all over Sweden they meet people and hear about organizations and projects they want to help.

The interview, from page 8
ISSUU - Mission Business no. 2 by StockholmsStadsmission

Last edited:
Expressen writes about the interview Victoria gave on her birthday to Medi@boom, a magazine made by twelve journalists with intellectual disabilities. The magazine is now coming out. Jessica Andersson, business developer at Adult Education Association in Blekinge tells they had sent some questions to the court and then got an invitation to meet with Victoria for an exclusive interview.
A part of the interview
Does the Crown Princess select her clothes herself or does she get help?
- It's a good question, because it can be wondered sometimes, doesn't it? Well, I choose them myself but I get a little advice on taste. I find it difficult with clothes, what to wear. It might be good to get some help with new ideas so you can combine old clothes to make it fresh and fun.
Do you like to read books?
- Yes, I have extremely difficult to read books, I read very slowly. But I try to read, otherwise I think it's handy to listen to books on tape. I try to do so when I go walking or run.
Do you cook yourself?
- Yes, we usually cook both Daniel and I, but it will be variable good, ha ha.
Exklusiv intervju - med kronprinsessa Viktoria Kvällsposten
Translation

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning tells that Victoria and Estelle visited one day at the Royal Mews' Christmas market. Martin Melin from the Royal Mews tells that they bought Christmas presents, a lot of craft and Christmas food, like sausages. No photos at the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom