Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 2: September 2010 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About Daniel being the Royal Patron of International Society of Nephrology for the period 2013 - 2016.
Prince Daniel of Sweden is a patron of the ISN - Partners - Latest ISN News - The ISN Website

I'm still waiting that the court would put Daniel's patronages to his website, like the other members of the family have.

Yeah, seems a little odd that the future Queen consort does not have his patronage s on the royal website but everyone else does. His should be added as well.

Yeah, seems a little odd that the future Queen consort does not have his patronage s on the royal website but everyone else does. His should be added as well.

Perhaps they are waiting until after his sex change, lol.:eek::D

That would definitely be a first for any monarchy...

A monarch in a same-sex relationship with a post-op transgender.

That would definitely be a first for any monarchy...

A monarch in a same-sex relationship with a post-op transgender.

Well Sweden is a very progressive country:lol:

Okay, so I may have said that wrong! Oops! I own that!

By Queen Consort, I simply meant that he was the husband and spouse of the reigning Queen.

That would be like Sofia being the King Consort of Carl Philip if he were the heir when he assented to the throne.

Wow! I think that I got the King/Queen consort mixed up!

Last edited:
Victoria, Daniel and Estelle can now move to their house in Solliden. The Planning Board of Borgholm inspected the house on June 27th. The house, which is beautifully situated in a scenic area, secluded by trees and surrounded by pastures and meadows, is a one-storey house of about 300 square meters in size. A planning permission has been granted to the carport and next to the house there should be a 42 square meters large pool. The house is built entirely from natural materials and is quite understated in style, explains Director of Administration of Solliden, Leo Eriksson.

Lisbeth Lennartsson, the Mayor of Borgholm, tells that the Crown Princess and prince Daniel are very excited about the new house, they are extremely pleased with the work done by the artisans of Öland and invited last week in all of them at a housewarming party to show their appreciation. Queen Silvia told her that the house is very well liked, is is bright and clean and they are very happy with the build. We are so excited that Daniel and Victoria have got an oasis on Öland where they can come all year round.
There is still lot of work to do in terms of finalizing the roads, storage building and gardening - and decorating the house of course. Leo Eriksson tells that they will not take the help of any interior designer, Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel are really good at that stuff themselves, and vastly interested in interior design.

Borgholm gave the green light for a deviation from the shore protection, which means that the house is only a few hundred meters from the beach. Which is perfect for little Estelle, thinks the Mistress of the Robes, Alice Trolle Wachtmeister. She thinks that Estelle will have a wonderful time on the island of Öland, children are children and love to sit on the beach and make sand cakes. Solliden is very child friendly with its pedestrian areas and she remembers how the royal children played in the park and swum and picked berries. Now it's Princess Estelle's turn to toddle around on the grass and splashing in the waterside.

Kay Wiestål, friend of the royal family and the arranger of Victoriadagen, says that islanders are extremely anxious to let the royals to be in peace during their annual summer vacation.
- What's great with the Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel, and the whole royal family is that they have always been protected on Öland, they can move anywhere. About a week ago, they went and bought bikes and helmets. And Estelle has got a pony.
The Marshal of the Court visited the stables and familiarized himself with the pony.
- She was liked, so I'll deliver the horse this weekend. I don't know if Estelle is there then, but one can hope, says Birger Ramnebrink.

One that also keep his fingers crossed on seeing Estelle is Kay Wiestål, preparing the Victoriadagen concert. So far it is to his great joy confirmed that the entire royal family will attend the festivities on July 14, including Chris O'Neill.
- We would hope for the little charmer too. We like little princess Estelle so much, it would be nice if she will attend. She seems like a very fun girl, says Wiestål.
The court can't give any information regarding Estelle's possible attendance during Victoriadagen.
- That is something her parents decide and it is not planned in advance, but she will be with them with if that feels good, said Bertil Ternert.
Victoria och Daniel flyttar till lyxvilla Kvällsposten
Translation

An unique interview of crown princess Victoria
As the only magazine have the eleven journalists at Medi@Boom managed to get an interview with Crown Princess Victoria on her birthday. It is the second time they get an interview with her. The eleven journalists have different forms of disability - ranging from mental retardation to multiple disabilities - and together they make a magazine that comes out twice a year with a circulation of 1,800 copies.
Madeleine Andersson contacted the court for another interview last year when the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel visited Karlskrona. A few weeks ago came the news, Medi@boom is invited to Solliden on Sunday to celebrate "Victoria Day" and after the festivities will be a new interview.
- It's really cool, really. I think Victoria said yes partly because she met them before, partly because she really cares about people with disabilities, says Madeleine Andersson.
De får en unik intervju med kronprinsessan Kvällsposten
Translation

Expressen's reporter Malin Roos writes at her chronicle about how she met Victoria and Daniel at their honeymoon. The chief editors of Expressen and Aftonbladet, Thomas Mattsson and Jan Helin have a podcast together. Helin from Aftonbladet has described: Expressen had the photos everyone wanted to see. I feel bad.
Roos worked as a reporter in New York when she got a call: Book a flight to Tahiti! Go, now! And so she met Victoria and Daniel and they gave an interview. Roos says that she had met Victoria before and when she met Daniel she knew straight away that she would like him, because he had a wrinkled shirt like her, but so damn straight, the clearest handshake she has ever shaken.
Roos was the snake in paradise, but they set it up, and when the interview was done, Daniel said that when Expressen now sent someone, it was a good thing that it was such a sweet (gullig) reporter. Now you have your scoop.
According Helin was Aftonbladet team just 20 minutes after Expressen, but Victoria and Daniel didn't give an interview to them (they gave a couple of days later). Roos says that she is not for or against the monarchy, but now that we have a royal family, she is amazingly happy that just these two are part of it. People may look for sweeter people.
Malin Roos Jag tror det inte ens när jag står på en strand, delar på buskarna och ser lyxjakten Sommarkrönikörer
Translation

Last edited:
From Sjöberg Bild, taken 3rd June 2013 (a couple of weeks before the house was ready), "Victoria's and Daniel's Summer House"
http://imageshack.us/a/img69/5197/e42w.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img13/7932/xj4j.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img706/5363/rx5u.jpg
The press has written that Victoria and Daniel have got inspiration to their new house from the old houses in Öland.
Very sad that their private summer residence could not remain private. Photos taken from the air are simply another form of paparazzi pictures.

Very sad that their private summer residence could not remain private. Photos taken from the air are simply another form of paparazzi pictures.

I think it was predictable that these kind of photos are taken, since the house is in Solliden in an area where the public can't access. The only way to get photos from the house is to take them from the air or that Victoria and Daniel publish photos themselves.

I think it was predictable that these kind of photos are taken, since the house is in Solliden in an area where the public can't access. The only way to get photos from the house is to take them from the air or that Victoria and Daniel publish photos themselves.
It is just sad that this forum has become the place where these intrusive photos are posted. It appears that spending time digging up intrusive information is someone's hobby.

Well Sweden is a very progressive country:lol:

I used to think so until all the wailing and carrying on about Prince Carl Phillip and the woman he's involved with...not very progressive when it comes to her.

LaRae

I used to think so until all the wailing and carrying on about Prince Carl Phillip and the woman he's involved with...not very progressive when it comes to her.

LaRae
Most Swedes have nothing against her. It is the posters on this forum that are having problems with it.

Wedding? Were they in Monaco?
No, they were at the wedding of Gustaf Magnuson and Vicky Andren. Lots of photos at princess Christina and family -thread.

Thanks. I wondered since Daniel was wearing the Order ribbon.

A blogger writes that he saw Victoria jogging at the Haga Park on Wednesday morning. Daniel cycled beside her with Estelle, and two security men followed. The blogger writes that he has never before seen them although he goes often to Haga Park. It must be quite hard for Victoria and Daniel to be recognized everywhere. But Daniel has chosen his lot.
The blogger, like many others, was so respectable that didn't put any photos of Victoria, Daniel and Estelle to his blog.
Morgonpromenad i Haga, Kronprinsessan, teater, Presidentbesök | TTruedsson

Last edited:
It looks to me that Daniel has new glasses

I am reacting late to this message, I am back from a week Holiday. I think you may well be right. The difference is only a slightly different shape, a bit lighter, one could say... Well we will continue watching.

The Week of the Princess Cake
This week 10 SEK of every Princess Cake and 2,50 SEK of every pastry sold in Sweden by The members of the Association of Swedish bakers & confectioners goes to Victoriafonden, the Foundation of Crown Princess Victoria. The foundation provides support for leisure and recreational activities for children and adolescents with chronic diseases and disabilities. This is the seventh year the bakers and confectioners donate money to Victoriafonden.
Sveriges bagare & konditorer - Det är dags för Prinsesstårtans vecka! - Mynewsdesk

The Week of the Princess Cake
This week 10 SEK of every Princess Cake and 2,50 SEK of every pastry sold in Sweden by The members of the Association of Swedish bakers & confectioners goes to Victoriafonden, the Foundation of Crown Princess Victoria. The foundation provides support for leisure and recreational activities for children and adolescents with chronic diseases and disabilities. This is the seventh year the bakers and confectioners donate money to Victoriafonden.
Sveriges bagare & konditorer - Det är dags för Prinsesstårtans vecka! - Mynewsdesk

Never heard of it, it's an amazing gesture from bakers and confectioners!
God, I love Sweden so much!

That is so generous and it shows their support for the Monarchy and particularly their Crown Princess and how she does her "job". Now that really is sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom