Victoria and Daniel's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:question: If Victoria and Daniel are to marry, wouldn't Daniel try to "improve" his life? Not to sound condescending or what. As for now, there is nothing wrong with being a gym owner/trainer but what about 5 years from now? I mean, trying to learn English (I read that he doesn't know English) or other languages, take some courses that would be of help in his future role as consort? I admit I know very little of Daniel; I hope he does something else besides looking after his gym and going out with his girlfriend...... I like Daniel for Victoria, but I'm just wondering about this matter....

Last edited:
monica17 said:
:question: If Victoria and Daniel are to marry, wouldn't Daniel try to "improve" his life? Not to sound condescending or what. As for now, there is nothing wrong with being a gym owner/trainer but what about 5 years from now? I mean, trying to learn English (I read that he doesn't know English) or other languages, take some courses that would be of help in his future role as consort? I admit I know very little of Daniel; I hope he does something else besides looking after his gym and going out with his girlfriend...... I like Daniel for Victoria, but I'm just wondering about this matter....

He must know English, all students in Sweden learn english at school. His english might not be perfect or fluent but I´m sure he can speak english.
Some sort of education, something like you suggested, would be good imo. Even if health is a important thing he should know about other things to. But if they do get married, lets say i 2008, he has all the time in the world. He is only 35 years old and King Carl Gustaf is still in good health and probably will be King for many years to come

Crown Princess Victoria is way way too patient. Daniel has had five plus years to learn English and familiarize himself with the working of a would-be Consort.......has he done any of this? Or, is just about him (and his business)? She deserves so much more. If she "dumps" him now she will be criticized for not doing so long ago, she kinda of stuck. I guess at this time Sweden needs a pole of the people asking (not telling) her he is not suitable, and asking her to move on........I think she would do it for the Citizens, and in that way she would not lose face. If she truly loves him (only she really knows that) she must know the relationship is just dangling..........

I think they have been together for such a long time now I doubt they will split up.

Crown Princess Victoria is way way too patient.
Ever - even for just 1 minute - thought about the possibility that it might be Victoria who does not want to get married as of yet? Because quite frankly aside from the fact that you don't know him you should know by now that as soon as there is a wedding the bride in question has to endure the media watching, nay, staring at her stomach. Can't be pretty. And just because she said she wants a family in 6 years does not mean she wants one right now (or in the next 1-2 years). Just a thought. :cool:

If she truly loves him (only she really knows that) she must know the relationship is just dangling..........
How patronising. :rolleyes:

I don't see where it's patronising; it's just an opinion about a relationship that's lasted for several years without leading to an engagement.

I would like to see Victoria get married. She's a lovely woman and would make a beautiful bride. Plus, it's a great excuse for a party.
However, the timing (and the choice of groom) should be up to her. I don't think she should be pressured into getting married until she knows she is ready for the commitment. I like that her parents have such a great partnership and still seem very happy together.

According to expressen.se Victoria is to marry Daniel soon...

I sincerely hope and believe, that Victoria and Daniel will get married. Maybe they will be engaged in November or December this year or next March at the latest. The wedding will be in May or June next year.

I can't understand what Victoria is waiting - does the king dislike Daniel or isn't Daniel ready for his new life?! I'm sure that Victoria know that she must marry and have kids - to ensure royal bloodline. I really hope that they will engage this year and marriage will take place next summer - if it doesn't happen then I don't believe it never happen. I think there is only one way in royal life - to marry or to broke up! It seems cruel but so the royal life goes :)

I had also wondered about whether the King disapproved of the relationship. I hope they do marry because it would get some people off their backs about it. However when they do marry all they will hear then is when will they have an heir to the throne.
I just hope they do whatever makes them happy

IMO...... this relationship is an unwise one and her family are clearly concerned about this young man's ability. There is more at stake her than '..whatever makes them happy'.... and the danger is that this could all blow up in their faces and cause the drama of the British RF which I doubt anyone wants to see. Royalty and their advises know what type of world this is for them and I applaud the SRF caution.

I can't understand what Victoria is waiting - does the king dislike Daniel or isn't Daniel ready for his new life?! I'm sure that Victoria know that she must marry and have kids - to ensure royal bloodline. I really hope that they will engage this year and marriage will take place next summer - if it doesn't happen then I don't believe it never happen. I think there is only one way in royal life - to marry or to broke up! It seems cruel but so the royal life goes :)
And I disagree.

Getting married too fast didn't exactly turn out right for Charles & Diana and Joachim & Alexandra.

I'm sure there is a reason why the Swedish King lets his children get to know their possible future spouses very well and almost inside out before marrying.

When they are ready to have children, that's when they should get married.

I´m quite sure that Victoria and Daniel will get married next year. From what I have read from swedish newspapers written by reporters close to the Royal House, King Carl Gustag and Queen Silvia like Daniel nowadays a lot. First the King wanted to be sure that the relationship would work. Daniel has shown that he can be a good consort by his behaviour during his relationship with Victoria. He has been very discreet and never discussed about the Royal Family with the media. Some say that Victoria and Daniel couldn´t marry last year, because the swedish Royal Family didn´t have money to two big festivities (the King had his 60th birthday), and then Victoria was very busy with her diplomatic studies and didn´t have time to organize a wedding, she wants to do herself as much as she can. But now everything is easier and the time is right for the wedding next year.

And I disagree.

Getting married too fast didn't exactly turn out right for Charles & Diana and Joachim & Alexandra.

I'm sure there is a reason why the Swedish King lets his children get to know their possible future spouses very well and almost inside out before marrying.

Hi Daneborn...nice to see you (down) here again :hellokitty:

I can´t help disagreeing on your disagreement (surprise surprise :lol:)
There is now a lot of difference between the dating times of Charles and Diana or Joachim and Alexandra to the one of V&D.
I´ve counted, that Victoria attended more than 20 weddings in her dating time with Daniel. This weekend an other one. Soon they should celebrate "6 years of relationship" and I will stick with the argument, that they can´t prepare like others for their marriage, as so much would change for Daniel. And he can´t really know, how that would be until he would experience it.

Your argument with the children is though pretty good...as they surely would be "pushed" to get a child within 2 years of marriage. And being confronted with theories of infertility etc. pp. is surely not fun.
But personally I can´t understand them.
Daniel will turn 35 next year, Victoria 31, they have the money, the age, the partnership...me wouldn´t wait a second with filling the craddle ;)
And I´m thinking of Victoria´s lamentation about her loonley childhood with nannies reading good night stories to her instead of her parents. As Crown Princess with a relatively fit father, she would have more time and freedoms for the education of her youngsters. Other than that I´d be in her position afraid that the slimy Ockelbo frog would slip through my fingers...and would hit the road :rolleyes:
Well, actually this discussion is "idle" though...as she seems completely unimpressed by our (and the press´) guesses, theories and suggestions. She will be mature, when she feels mature.
If she would be then really mature...or just feeling as an outcast because she would be surrounded by married ppl with children and would feel, that her clock is ticking and that the wrinkles are showing more and more (Imo she doesn´t age well...same for Daniel :ninja:) is an other question :rolleyes:

Last edited:
for myself it doesn´t matter when they´ll do it if everybody and at first daniel and vicroia ar thinking it´s the right time they´ll do it maybe next year maybe in 2 or more years it doesn´t matter

And I disagree.

Get to know your future spouse, does not guarantee they will not end in divorce :D. Some couples have know each other for more than 2 decades, but some of them still end up in divorce. So there are no garantee in marriage after all.

Let's say that Victoria and Daniel get married and have children. What would the children's last name be. Would their last name be their father's or because their mother is going to be the queen will they have her name like what happen in England with Windsor.

Let's say that Victoria and Daniel get married and have children. What would the children's last name be. Would their last name be their father's or because their mother is going to be the queen will they have her name like what happen in England with Windsor.
I think so... I doubt they will take the name Westling because if so we would get a whole new royal house :)
Its quite common in Sweden today that newlywed couples take the womans name if its "a better one" or more rare

Gee, I just wish CP Victoria had found someone else rather than Daniel. I've tried, I just can't see him (even in a nightmare) as a Prince Concort for such a lovely and hard working Crown Princess. He would be meeting and speaking (if he can speak English) to World Leaders.............:ermm::ermm::wub::wub::ohmy:

I don't like him for her, either...But the problem is that is SHE who choices her own boyfriends. She must have came here to ask us for an intelligent advice...:ROFLMAO::lol:

Vanesa.

Catarina Hurtig, who writes a lot about swedish royals, has given an interview to newspaper Arbetarbladet
Hovreportern som vet mest om Daniel och Victoria
She predicts that Victoria and Daniel will announce their engagement on the 12th of March and that the wedding will be in June.

Oh for petes sake. Is she a psyhic or something? Besides, only 3 months to prepare for the wedding of a future Queen? Not likely in my opinion. I am no where near being royal, and I took two years to plan my wedding!

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia got engaged on the 12th of March 1976, the wedding was on the 19th of June. Maybe Catarina Hurtig thinks that if the King and Silvia could arrange the wedding on three months, also Victoria can do it. And they can plan their wedding already now.

Oh for petes sake. Is she a psyhic or something? Besides, only 3 months to prepare for the wedding of a future Queen? Not likely in my opinion. I am no where near being royal, and I took two years to plan my wedding!

I belive that the court and the royal family have been planning for Victorias wedding for years now, so they don´t need much time to plan some of the smaller plans that Victoria might want to add. But I don´t think that the engagement will happen on the same day as her parents, seems strange to me, i think it will happen sooner - i guess in Feb 2008 and wedding june or late august or september.

I belive that the court and the royal family have been planning for Victorias wedding for years now, so they don´t need much time to plan some of the smaller plans that Victoria might want to add. But I don´t think that the engagement will happen on the same day as her parents, seems strange to me, i think it will happen sooner - i guess in Feb 2008 and wedding june or late august or september.

Lets hope you´re right :)

Royal weddings are easier,you don't have to see if the church or banquet hall is booked.

I may be the only one feeling this bit I do not think that Daniel is Husban-material.. I am not talking consort just plain old husband material. It is just my hunch..

I think it is a good thing that they are not engaged yet, they need to wait until they are sure they are ready for marriage. Her father dated her mother for quite a while before they got married, and I'm sure the King would like his daughter to be very sure of her mate before she makes the commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom