Victoria and Daniel's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

irishgirl567

Commoner
City
belfast
Country
United Kingdom
i thin k daniel should wear conact lenses , if he wants to look trendy as victoria , other than that he looks like a geek

So do you think she will get married to Daniel Westling? Is that his name?

Marriage Schedule

Wonder whether Carl-P. is allowed to marry next year. But if he does, Victoria might not marry next year. If Victoria does, he might have to wait until 2008 and then will be together with Emma about nine years or so. But if Victoria doesn´t marry next year she might never ever marry Daniel (just my feeling) So I´m sure, something will happen next year...
Or do you think they will celebrate two marriages in one year?

Two marriages in one year it's little expensive, don't you think?

I like photos posted by Tartucat few days ago from WWF meeting. Vicky looks like happy little girl who was just going out from school. :ROFLMAO: Agree that she should change her glasses.

I really don't think Victoria will mary Daniel anyways. Just a hunch. As for CP & Emma, it is high time.

I dont think neither CP or Victoria are intrested in marriage, or there would be plans at least. I believe for victoria must be difficult to take such a step, and for CP, he has said we will wait after his sister marries, and probably that is fine by Emma too. As fun as it is to specualte what might happen with our dear royals the truth is that, as in anyother couple, the only ones that know what really happens is they and their partners.

In my opinion Victoria can wait, but not long, her biological clock is ticking, and Carl P well, I believe he´ll wait as he said is up to Emma to wait or not.

Any news about the Swedish sibblings....¿

avrilo said:
I dont think neither CP or Victoria are intrested in marriage, or there would be plans at least. I believe for victoria must be difficult to take such a step, and for CP, he has said we will wait after his sister marries, and probably that is fine by Emma too. As fun as it is to specualte what might happen with our dear royals the truth is that, as in anyother couple, the only ones that know what really happens is they and their partners.

In my opinion Victoria can wait, but not long, her biological clock is ticking, and Carl P well, I believe he´ll wait as he said is up to Emma to wait or not.

Any news about the Swedish sibblings....¿

I don't think it really matters if Victoria is interested in getting married or not. It is her responsibility as the Crown Princess of Sweden to produce an heir. Granted, it must be a very difficult decision for her to make that big step into marriage. It's probably going to be even harder for Daniel or any other guy. I think Victoria does want a family but she doesn't want to rush it. A wise decision but she can't hold onto that forever. Sooner or later she must marry and produce an heir or Carl Philip and his spouse will be next in the Bernadotte line.

I believe Victoria does want to get married and have children in the near future. She seems a warm person so she will be a great mother. BTW Queen Silvia was already 32 when she married in 1976. CP Victoria was born on July 1977. So this means that Victoria has enough time to make the wise&right decision.

I love this photo of CP Victoria. Great pose:cool:

Photo from Polfoto

But there is no reason to why Prince Carl Philip and Emma cannot marry next year if they want to if Crown Princess Victoria wants to wait until 2008. After all Crown Prince Felipe of Spain's elder sister were both married before him even though he is the youngest and it is tradition in Spain for the first in line to the throne to marry frist.

Still amazed...

that there seem to be people who don´t believe that Victoria will marry Daniel at all. I believe, if she doesn´t marry him NEXT YEAR she won´t marry him at all.
But then she has to find another boyfriend, get used to him a.s.o. That might last years. The fact that she´s together with Daniel for quite some time now suggests, that, considering her age, he MUST be the one. ( I know as long as she isn´t married I continue my dream about Victoria/Nicholaos...) She´s the crownprincess of Sweden and a possible husband should be used to his future role for quite a while.
By the way: I can already see the headlines: Swedish Crownprincess marries her former fitness-trainer.
One female-journalist from Sweden mentioned that the Swedes are a little disappointed about Victoria. So if the royal family accepts Daniel nevertheless it´s about time to make a decision.
Or do you all think Daniel knows (or doesn´t want to..) that he won´t marry Victoria and she just flirts around with him until she finds someone better? I mean for to do so she´s much too long together with Daniel...

soCal girl said:
I don't think it really matters if Victoria is interested in getting married or not. It is her responsibility as the Crown Princess of Sweden to produce an heir. Granted, it must be a very difficult decision for her to make that big step into marriage. It's probably going to be even harder for Daniel or any other guy. I think Victoria does want a family but she doesn't want to rush it. A wise decision but she can't hold onto that forever. Sooner or later she must marry and produce an heir or Carl Philip and his spouse will be next in the Bernadotte line.
It really must be difficult decision for any CPs/ss with who they'll spend rest of their life.

That's right that all CPs/ss are responsibility to produce an heir. But what if f.ex. Victoria wouldn't decide to marry anyone and she wouldn't produce an heir? Nothing happen (I know that's easy to say). She wouldn't be the first and probably the last heir/ruler who wouldn't leave an heir (f.x. Elizabeth I, Albert II of Monaco - legitimate). Probably she'll became a Queen someday if she doesn't resign to Carl Philip. Than after her the next King will be her brother or his descendant.

Btw. as now what I know Carl Philip still is next in the line and after him is Madeleine.

But now we should just waite. When Victoria will be ready she will marry this one who she will really love, far or soon. Crown Princess Victoria is responsible and smart woman who good know what she should do.

What is her next event?

Last edited:
soCal girl said:

Well, I agree she is likely to marry, but we dont know only she does, and her intrest in marriage and parenthood is crucial I dont think ANYONE, nowadays, shoud have children or marry just because is their resposibilty. No matter who they are. I´m surprised to find such a retrograd thought in the forum. No offense, just my opinion.Maybe we should take this discussion somewhere else and leave this thread just for her current news and events.

avrilo said:
Well, I agree she is likely to marry, but we dont know only she does, and her intrest in marriage and parenthood is crucial I dont think ANYONE, nowadays, shoud have children or marry just because is their resposibilty. No matter who they are. I´m surprised to find such a retrograd thought in the forum. No offense, just my opinion.Maybe we should take this discussion somewhere else and leave this thread just for her current news and events.

I agree she shouldn't have a family just because it's her responsibility. I was merely stating fact. If Victoria never wishes to marry and have kids, that's fine. The line will be carried either through Carl Philip or Madeleine.

I think Victoria will marry when the time is right. I just do not think that Victoria is ready. If you notice, the young lady is continual learning and adapting to her role as crown princess. I think it is different when a woman is a future monarch because she has to think about a lot more issues--pregnancy, children, marriage, and family. And too, they have to deal the the insistant notion/belief (from the general public) that women are incapable of leadership.

I just think Victoria want to do the job right. But I do not think she should have to scarfice the one she loves because he is a fitness trainer. Had she been a man/crown prince in love with a fitness trainer there probable would have been less of an issue.

Marry or not

Nobody says she HAS to marry. But why do some of you think, coming from the other direction, that she might not marry at all? Even if she isn´t ready yet with her education she can still marry.
I´d find it quite sad if she never does just because the education time last still a long time or she might not reconcile her job with becoming a mother or so.
I heard that quite often so far that Victoria perhaps never marries. O.k. she´s got still some time but her mother was quite late and if she really waits until her education is at the very end we can count on that all future female Queens will not marry until their mid thirties or so (nice prospects!) or maybe never...
From this point of view it might be better to prefer the male succession...

Stefanie said:
Nobody says she HAS to marry. But why do some of you think, coming from the other direction, that she might not marry at all? Even if she isn´t ready yet with her education she can still marry.
I´d find it quite sad if she never does just because the education time last still a long time or she might not reconcile her job with becoming a mother or so.
I heard that quite often so far that Victoria perhaps never marries. O.k. she´s got still some time but her mother was quite late and if she really waits until her education is at the very end we can count on that all future female Queens will not marry until their mid thirties or so (nice prospects!) or maybe never...
From this point of view it might be better to prefer the male succession...

From this point of view...I´m also agreeing. We are all delighted by the mini-future-queens...but let´s face it, the chance that any of these girls has an easy time finding a hubby is very low. :ermm:
Of course Victoria will marry and if she is healthy (and her hubby), she will become a mum. She loves children (even though I think, she knows very well, that hugging children in public and raising a child 24/7 are two pairs of shoes...but billions of women have managed this before...and when the chips are really down, there´s always a nanny...)
I must admit, that I was some weeks ago going for a breakup *gnashingmyteeth*...but as it seems, there´s finally some progress. Daniel and Victoria together at an official duty in the cathedral, Swedish heirs are supposed to marry, can´t be a total coincidence...:rolleyes:

I agree with the comments here that Crown Princess Victoria should marry if and when she is ready and have children because she wants to but unfortunately society expects this of her because she is a future queen.

Well as far as the male succession thing, there are many male princes in line that have not married or waited a long time i.e. Prince Albert II of Monaco and the Prince of Wales, Charles Windsor-Mountbatten. And with the case of Prince Albert, he seems to be happy with Andrea getting the throne. I think as long as there is a heir somewhere that has some idea of what running or being the figurehead of a country is like then what is the big deal if the CP Victoria gets married and has a heir or not?

I don't view it as a big deal if she marries and has an heir or not but like I said in my previous post it is something that is expected of her.

If she really love him she should marry him instead what is happening now because of her age (29) if she breaks up with Daniel, its going to take ages for her to meet someone else and then be sure that they are capable of being a consort. Also her biological clock is ticking cos fertility goes down with age and it becames more difficult to conceive a child after your 30s and she should aim to have at least two kids, IMO

As we are on the topic of Princess Victoria and marriage I will post related information from: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria,_Crown_Princess_of_Sweden

Marriage speculation
Though the Crown Princess Victoria has long refused to discuss her private life, she frequently has been the object of press speculation regarding purported romances. Since 2002, she has been linked to Daniel Westling, a personal trainer and gym owner. When news about her relationship with Westling first broke, the Crown Princess said, "We're good friends, but I'm not going to say any more." However, in an interview on Sweden's TV4 in 2004, she did say that much of the criticism directed at Westling for being unsophisticated and uneducated was unfair. "I understand that there is speculation but sometimes there must be fairness too," she said. Later that year, the Swedish newspaper Expressen reported that the couple intended to announce their engagement in early 2005 and marry the following summer but no such announcements were made.
During her April 2005 visit to the World Exposition Aichi in Nagakute, the Crown Princess was interviewed by Mikio Yikuma, a reporter with the Japanese newspaper Yomiuri Shimbun. Yikuma brought up the subject of royals marrying commoners, to which the princess responded, "I think the general idea of Swedes is that it's the modern way to marry someone that you love, not necessarily where she or he comes from." Though she did not mention Westling by name, the Crown Princess did admit, "There is someone in my life" but that marriage was not on her mind. The interview was conducted at the Swedish embassy in Tokyo and published in Yomiuri Shimbun on 18.04.2005.

Hello, Iam not sure if Iam asking a question that has already been answered or debated upon forever, but can some just tell me if Princess Victoria is engaged or not? Thank-you for the clearification.:)

Victoria and Daniel's relationship

Maybe the king announces something in his new years speech :)

mixer2002de said:
Maybe the king announces something in his new years speech :)

I hope so ;) Let's just say I would not be suprised if we have an engagement (/wedding) of Victoria in 2007

I hope that Victoria marries soon being that she'll be the furture Queen of Sweden and she have a prince to reign with her over Sweden and that they will have an heir and other children to make the monarchy a little more secure.

I hope we have a Royal Wedding in Sweden in 2007.
Hope everyone that visits this board has a Happy & healthy New Year !

Well when does the king give his speech? and is there anyway I can see it on the internet (even thought I don't know swedish)?

kaydura0717 said:
Well when does the king give his speech? and is there anyway I can see it on the internet (even thought I don't know swedish)?

The Swedish King held his speech on christmasday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom