Vatican City State: Pope Francis accession/Inauguration & Current Events:March 2013-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nikolaos and Margaretha of Liechtenstein are there as well. Nikolaos is a non-resident ambassador to the Holy See.

For a Pope's inauguration only the RH may wear "the blanc". The Princesses of Liechtenstein and Monaco are SH and in black.
Queen Sophia attended 3 Pope's inaugurations in blanc.
Sad that she was not allowed to go this time with the Crown Princes she should be "in blanc" again.

How come was not she allowed to attend ?
Maybe she had previous engagements and she asked her son and daughter in law to represent the Spanish Royal Family.

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't appear that anyone has been kissing his ring - has he done away with this tradition or is his ring not ready yet? I'm a bit confused.

Letizia and Felipe did bow to the Pope, will a Reigning Monarch bow to the Pope?

Can anyone explain why Felipe and Letizia bowed to the Pope and the Cardinals but W-A didn't?

It doesn't appear that anyone has been kissing his ring - has he done away with this tradition or is his ring not ready yet? I'm a bit confused.
I saw Felipe and Letizia kissing his ring. Remember not everyone is catholic. ;)

Can anyone explain why Felipe and Letizia bowed to the Pope and the Cardinals but W-A didn't?

Willem Alexander is Protestant,Felipe,Letizia and Maxima are all Roman Catholic.

Yes, now the Argentinians have a "holy" trinity-Pope Francis I,CP Maxima and football-deity Lionel Messi:D
They can be truly proud of them!

you made me laugh! :)

i have seen this picture of maxima talking to the argentinian president. it looks like the two women are happy to see each other.

i am most impressed. i can hardly imagine maxima agreeing with any of cristina fernandez's policies on how to govern argentina. maybe just protocolar etiquette?

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Mar2013/PPE13031952.jpg

Such a shame that Queen Sofia was not present today.

That's because she is the Queen consort , she could go but with King Juan Carlos as the head of the State and as we know the king couldn't go due to his recent surgery, if the King cannot attend it's Felipe's duty as the heir represent the country.

That's because she is the Queen consort , she could go but with King Juan Carlos as the head of the State and as we know the king couldn't go due to his recent surgery, if the King cannot attend it's Felipe's duty as the heir represent the country.

Which I already knew and was saying it was a pity she couldn't attend.

Did the Scandinavian monarchs attend the ceremony?

A quick succession of leaders will make no good for an institution who is passing through a period of instability.

The Catholic Church has been around for 2000 years so it will survive.

Well, I can say nothing about the Gregories and Anacletus, but Pope Peter was a Jew, both in the Religious and in Ethnic sense.

Before Jesus established the Church, there were no Catholics. St. Peter was the first Pope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom