Unite for a better World - Monaco - Sep. 1st - 2nd, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that her presence and looks reflects her heritage, but not in anything else. She does not have her grandmother's or her mother's essence. She is clearly bored at this event. She doesn't seem to be interested in what's going on. This is something you never saw with Grace or Caroline, who always made people around them feel special. Charlotte brings a disinterested haughtiness to the air. It's very disturbing, actually. How can you be in the same room with the Mandelas and be so bored?

Hmmm...I don't think she looks bored at all, and certainly not "haughty". In several photos she is seen smiling and laughing.

Also she is a very young woman. So while older people around her might appreciate being around a legend such as Mr Mandela, maybe Charlotte doesn't.

Still, I don't think she looked bored or disinterested at all. She seemed radiant, IMO.

Charlotte dress is beautiful. She would learn who Mandela was in time.

I think Charlotte has a pretty good idea who Nelson Mandela is because it's not his first visit to Monaco also, her mum and uncle have met him many times before and have been on visits to South Africa.

Stellad

Um, she's 21 not 1, of course she knows who Mandela is! I don't think she looks bored, but why expect of her to "chat" with him when her mother and uncle are there to welcome him. She's standing on aside, and it's quite normal, IMO.

It's not that she has to talk directly to the great man, but she isn't even showing attention to what is being said. She is looking off in space. It reminds me a bit like Charlene Wittstock. Charlotte was only there, not talking or listening, trying to understand, nothing. Just standing there looking like she terribly misses Ibiza. :rolleyes: But she did look beautiful! ;)

Charlotte dress is beautiful. She would learn who Mandela was in time.

I am quite certain she knows who he is. By all accounts she is a highly intelligent girl. I simply mean she may not be as bowled over by people who were around when he spend his 20 plus years in prison. For example, when I was twenty I remember my father making a big deal out of a civil rights activist named Fannie Lou Hamer, who had risked her life in the early 60's to register Southern Blacks to vote. She was and is a legend in Black and American history.

But I was a pre-schooler in the early 60's and I only knew of her because the folks around me discussed her a lot.

In other words...she was "before my time".

I'm sure, with Princess Caroline's involvement in AMADE, as well as other charitable efforts, all her children are familiar with Mr. Mandela and other influential people that support their efforts for the world's children.

I still remember one article mentioned that she is polite but uncomfortable without her group. Of course her family was there but all are grown up people. At the same time that was a very formal royal event and I think we can count how many formal events that she has been attended other than National Day and Rose Ball (put aside all those fashion events as I think they cant be considered as formal). Both events were also being attended by either her brothers or friends. She maybe quite reserve on this... one of the bad points for Caroline to shadow her children from the lime light especially when your children were line for the throne of a country....

I still remember, there was one part in Rose Ball where they line up to take full picture together with her friends, she seems uncomfortable and turned to Pierre. I think Pierre did talked to her maybe asked her to keep smiling and suddenly she turned to the camera and tried hard to smile...so sweet to see a little brother gave some advise to his older sister.. Pierre 'quite good' infront of the camera...;)

^ I agree. Someone mantioned before that the Trio can bring the glamour back, well I think that Pierre can, rather than Charlotte and Andrea. Pierre seems to be the most out going of three, and the most relaxed at these kind of events.

^ Yeap!! Pierre is an underdog..least attention at the beginning now he slowly make his presence felt..:flowers: I would say he is a carbon copy of his father..very good looking young man..

For Char, maybe she was being drag by her mother to attend the event since she lives in France...:lol:at least the event received quite a full coverage from the magazine and news compared to the Ball earlier..pity for her and relief for Pierre and Andrea.. but it was a good exposure for her I suggest.. :queen4:

Here are two more nice pics of the gala dinner vanity fair has offered:

Albert playing the bongo drums, Charlotte, Caroline and Khadja Nin singing
and dancing :) ---> Pic
and Charlene hand in hand with Khadja Nin, next to Bridget Radeba ---> Pic

Is it the Vanity Fair with Nicole Kidman on the cover? I wish I would have been a fly on the wall to see Prince Albert playing the bongos and Princess Caroline singing and dancing to the rythm of the drums. They seem to be having a lot of fun. Charlene seems to be friendly with one of Princess Caroline's closest friends. Another big step! This must have been a great event and I hope enough money was raised for the foundations. Does anybody know how much?

Charlene looks young, fresh, luminous, having a good time, friendly and unpretentious, in a casual yet refined attitude. She is just charming and delightful. No need to compare her to Princess Grace, she holds her own in her own way in this picture.

Here are two more nice pics of the gala dinner vanity fair has offered:

Albert playing the bongo drums, Charlotte, Caroline and Khadja Nin singing
and dancing :) ---> Pic
and Charlene hand in hand with Khadja Nin, next to Bridget Radeba ---> Pic

Thanks for posting these great pictures! I don't remember Charlene wearing that necklace at the dinner when she was photographed with the Mandelas...was she?

Charlene looks young, fresh, luminous, having a good time, friendly and unpretentious, in a casual yet refined attitude. She is just charming and delightful. No need to compare her to Princess Grace, she holds her own in her own way in this picture.

I agree. There are no more Princess Graces, and that is the way it should be. Charlene is her own person and seems to have her own type of charm. I'll think with the right guidance she will be just fine.

Is it the Vanity Fair with Nicole Kidman on the cover? I wish I would have been a fly on the wall to see Prince Albert playing the bongos and Princess Caroline singing and dancing to the rythm of the drums. They seem to be having a lot of fun. Charlene seems to be friendly with one of Princess Caroline's closest friends. Another big step! This must have been a great event and I hope enough money was raised for the foundations. Does anybody know how much?

I would have LOVED to have been there because as she has matured Princess Caroline doesn't let her hair down in public that often. Who is Bridget Kabede? Is she Caroline's pal, and the one Charlene is holding hands with?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have LOVED to have been there because as she has matured Princess Caroline doesn't let her hair down in public that often. Who is Bridget Kabede? Is she Caroline's pal, and the one Charlene is holding hands with?

....wouldn't read too much into it - it looks as if Charlene grabbed her/Bridget's hand for the photo op.....

....wouldn't read too much into it - it looks as if Charlene grabbed her/Bridget's hand for the photo op.....

*shrugs* Who says I was reading ANYTHING into it? I just wanted to know who the woman was.

the women charlene is hand in hand is Khadja Nin...she is an african singer... I don't think she is very well-known in europe ad america. i see her quite often with princess caroline and family... i was wondering if she is just a family friend or if she works for them... ( i used to think that she was the trio nanny or sth like that, i remember her with charlotte in LE BOn MARCHE to help charlotte finding presents for andrea..., at the beach club, at horse events and differents gala...). here is a link to her official website if you want to learn more about her and her music.http://http://www.khadja-nin.com/pages/home_fr.html...the other women bridget radeba works for Amade mondiale.. i think she receive an "award" from princess caroline some months ago..i can't remember when...

Some facts about the dinner:

- They made about 12 Mio. € (Congratulations!)
- Charlotte's dress is from Dolce & Gabbana
- Charlene's necklace is named Caresse d'Orchidées (Cartier)
- Prince Ernst-August danced with Charlene and Charlotte

all info's from BUNTE Nr. 37

It's good to know the event raised a respectable amount of money. How are AMADE and other charitable causes the family is involved, how are they viewed by other royal families, and is there ever any sort of collaboration between royal houses on charities. Mr. Mandala is a very popular, well respected figure around the world, so I would imagine when he comes calling, most leaders make themselves available to him.

On Monaco Info they are speakng about 1.2 Millions euros.Patchwork with Mandela's silk shirt raised 360 000 euros, if you have a glance on Charlene when Alberts meets Mandela, you'll see a guy behind who helps her... she has to take more lessons for being a princess!
Here's the link; http://cdp.monaco-telecom.mc/videos.php?wm=OK&onglet=actu&vid=00995&date=2007-09-04 (see breves)
Same info about 1,2 mio euros in newspapers.

On Monaco Info they are speakng about 1.2 Millions euros.Patchwork with Mandela's silk shirt raised 360 000 euros, if you have a glance on Charlene when Alberts meets Mandela, you'll see a guy behind who helps her... she has to take more lessons for being a princess!
Here's the link; Centre de Presse (see breves)
Same info about 1,2 mio euros in newspapers.

in fact she wanted to go near Albert and type pushed her farther. :ROFLMAO::lol:
in fact I crack jokes.

Does Bunte specify the amount? I'm with Lilae on this: the auction, according to the local paper, made 1,2 million and ticket sales approximately another 1 million. Where does the other 10 million come from? As far as I know there weren't any other events that could have brought in the money, so how come? Bunte's comma key is not working? :ermm:

I read in the site they made about 1,2 millions euros = 1 200 000 euros not 12 000 000 euros !!
1.2 millions is well ... :angel:
Portail info Monaco et actualité de Monte Carlo et Monaco

1.2 million euros sounds more realistic, honestly, although I was/would be immensely proud for them if it was 12 million, certainly! :D

1.2 million euros sounds more realistic, honestly, although I was/would be immensely proud for them if it was 12 million, certainly! :D
I hope that Nelson Mandela does not read the message because he risks to make a heart attack or to ask or are crossed the other millions

Well that's what they wrote, but it could be a mistake, it's BUNTE... ;)

There was another event at the Palais no? But we know nothing about it, or how much they raised. It's not likely they raised 8.8 million there, but it was for only ten big donors so it must have rasied a lot! I wish we knew something about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom