Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that is a different one. Queen Sofía wore this tiara of Queen Ena in official pictures.

You know whats really hilarious:lol:.
I didn't get one tiara choice right!!!!!!!

OK - so there were really suprises...
Queen Silvia - the Braganca - perfect choice and we hoped for it.
Princess Madeleine - the Connaught - unexpected but lovely - just lovely.
CP Mary - the Ruby parure - good choice (although I did not like the combination with her dress).
CP Mette - Marit - can someone help me with the tiara she wore? (I was happy that she did not choose the Amethyst thing - which was actually worn by ML.)MM looked stunning ...
CP Letizia - the floral was ok - but she looks again fragile ...(last time we saw her like this she was pregnant ;))
CP Mathilde - her one and only tiara
Queen Margarethe - the pearl tiara - perfect choice as well.
Whom did I forget?

It is the Marichalar Tiara.
She obviously wants to wear it.

This might sound strange, but when I look at the Infantas and the way they are.
They should swap names.
Infanta Christina, suits the name Elena they way she dresses and they way she wears a tiara.

It's really a big surprise which tiara Cristina wore to the wedding, ha ah ~~~ I like suprises ~~~ It seems interesting how the spanish royal ladies shares their tiaras, I hope next time queen Sofia will share more of her tiaras to Elena, Cristina and Letizia in some big events.

The Spanish tiara choices really surprised me. Elena still wearing the tiara of her ex-husband's family. Christina is wearing a grander tiara than the Queen and Princess Letizia... I think infanta Elena looked stunning, but it is strange that Sophia only wore the shell tiara.
Which tiara was P. Claire wearing? It was not her wedding tiara.
And I haven't seen pictures of Princess Alexandra SWB. Did she wear the floral tiara?
Also strange: the royal website said that Princess Margretha wears the Baden fringe tiara. But she obviously wore the aquamarine tiara with a green dress which didn't fit the aquamarines at all. A last minute change? Why?
Another strange info from the royal website: P. Madeleine is supposed to wear her own tiara. But the Connaught tiara definitely doesn't belong to her and she wore it for first time. Her light blue dress might suggest that this was another last minute change and it was originally planned that she'd wear her small aqua tiara (which would have been decidedly understated for this event).
But wasn't it wonderful to watch all the splendour?

Unfortunately the Grimaldis don't have a tradition of wearing wedding tiaras, neither Grace nor Caroline nor Stephanie wore one. So our chances of seeing a wedding tiara on Charlene are slim.
But there is another wedding coming which surely will have a tiara wearing bride: Prince Nicolaos and Tatiana Blatnik. Will she wear the antique corsage tiara like Marie-Chantale? Will Queen Sophie's diamond tiara reappear? And will she get a tiara as wedding present, like Marie-Chantale and Alexia?

Is that the next Tiara event?
September 25th.

I thought that now it was clear that it was going to be in the 25th of August?

I thought that now it was clear that it was going to be in the 25th of August?

I haven't looked at the engagement thread for a few days and i didn't know the date had moved from September to August.

I don't find it stange that Elena wears the Marichalar tiara. Her schildren are de Marichalar de Borbon, and it was a gift to her. Yes, it might be a bit odd that she wears it in the first large event after her divorce but I don't see any reason why she shouldn't continue to wear it.
Btw, can somebdy pls post a pic of MM's tiara at the wedding? and which one it is?

^^
I was just only asking because it seems that the date changes everyday! But it looks like it's going to be in August

But there is another wedding coming which surely will have a tiara wearing bride: Prince Nicolaos and Tatiana Blatnik. Will she wear the antique corsage tiara like Marie-Chantale? Will Queen Sophie's diamond tiara reappear? And will she get a tiara as wedding present, like Marie-Chantale and Alexia?

I thought that M-C's tiara was a present of her father not the GRF or does she have two tiaras? And that Alexia's tiara was not hers to keep.

What was the dress code at the weddings of Prince Pavlos and Princess Alexia, black tie or white tie? Is there any chance that they will have a full blown white tie wedding with guests in tiaras as well? (I hardly dare to hope;))
Isn't QEII visiting the US and Canada? Any chance for a tiara gala over there? I think after that there will be a summer break and a lot of time to pore over the vast amount of tiara pics from the big fat Swedish wedding.

Imo I doubt that Tatiana's wedding is going to be white tie, I only hope that she gets to wear one. :)

What was the dress code at the weddings of Prince Pavlos and Princess Alexia, black tie or white tie? Is there any chance that they will have a full blown white tie wedding with guests in tiaras as well? (I hardly dare to hope;))
Isn't QEII visiting the US and Canada? Any chance for a tiara gala over there? I think after that there will be a summer break and a lot of time to pore over the vast amount of tiara pics from the big fat Swedish wedding.

It was morning dress. Don't think there is a chance that it will be white tie. No that the Wedding takes place in Greece i wonder how formell it is at all. If they ladies will wears hats for example.
Don't like to say it but i think we will have to wait a few years to such a big numbers of tiaras at an Event.

^^
I thought that M-C's tiara was a present of her father not the GRF or does she have two tiaras? And that Alexia's tiara was not hers to keep.

There are also sources who say that the fringe tiara belongs to Maria Olympia and not to Marie Chantal. Don't know when Marie chantal wore it the first time but in the first year she has always worn the antique corsage tiara.

Last edited:
I also thought it wouldn't be white tie, and agree that it will be a long, long time till we see such a sparkling event again. We'd have to wait for the next generation of CP's, because the weddings of Madeleine or Carl-Philip might be white tie, but certainly not this big.

It's the first time that I heard about the fringe tiara belonging to Maria Olympia. But P. Alexia certainly got her own tiara, although she wore the Khedive of Egypt tiara for her own wedding, as all female descendents of Queen Ingrid did. I would just like Tatiana to get her own tiara, and I would love to see her getting P. Irene's circle tiara. (hehe, I need a wishing fountain!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tilia,
could you post a picture of Pr. Irenes circle tiara - I can not remember if I have seen it.

Thanks so much.

Oh I don't like that tiara on Elena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom