Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Queen Sofia wear any of the joyas de pasar outside of Spain?
If so, it would be great to see some of them during the upcoming state visit.

Yes she did. She wore the Fleur de Lys tiara at the State Visits to the UK (2 times), Belgium and Japan. And she wore the diamond necklace also often outside of Spain.

Wearing the Fleur de Lys Tiara would be kind of from 0 to 100, so my bet goes to the Shell Tiara or the Pearl Tiara. I personally have a hard time imagining the Fleur de Lys Tiara or the Loop Tiara being worn, they are almost as big as Letizia's head.
The Floral Tiara and the Prussian Tiara are too much associated with the Princess days and the Princess Tiara is simply not worthy of such an event.
I somehow expect to see the floral tiara at the Guildhall banquet. But for the State Banquet it should be something bigger, imo. I see what you mean by going from 0 to 100. So one of the Cartier tiaras would be best. (What a luxury to say 'one of the Cartier tiaras' - there's not many people who have more than one of those. ;))
Did Queen Sofia wear any of the joyas de pasar outside of Spain?
If so, it would be great to see some of them during the upcoming state visit.
Yes, she did! Queen Sofia several times wore the fleur-de-lys tiara abroad, eg. at a SV to Japan or the Jubilee of King Bhumibol in Thailand. So Letizia also can wear the joyas de pasar.

Maybe it's more of a question which royal lady will be photographed by the paps? :whistling: There never are pics of the Queen, because she already is at BP. Sometimes there are some shots of the royals in the car, so let's hope that this will be the case again this year.

My guess, Camilla - the Cubitt/Shand tiara, Kate - the flotus flower tiara. And do we know if Sophie, the Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Alexandra ever attend?

We know Sophie attended in 2005, she was seen behind Camilla in the video. Likely she's attended in other years as well.

The royal reception for the Diplomatic Corps will be held at Buckingham Palace on December 8th. I wonder what tiara's will we see appear on the senior royal ladies?

HM - Girls of Great Britain
Camilla - Cubitt Shand Tiara
Sophie - Modern Aquamarine Tiara
Catherine - Cartier Scroll Tiara

My guesses for the Diplomatic Cops dinner:

Elizabeth: Girls of Great Britain
Catherine: Lotus tiara
Sophie: Wedding tiara
Camilla: Greville tiara

Nobels are coming up next week, so here my guesses:

Nobels
Queen Silvia - Nine Prongs tiara
Crown Princess Victoria - amethist tiara/Baden Fringe
Princess Sofia - 4 buttons tiara
Princess Madeleine - wedding tiara
Princess Christina - 6 buttons tiara

King's Dinner
Queen Silvia - Connaught tiara
Crown Princess Victoria - Princess Lillian's tiara
Princess Sofia - wedding tiara
Princess Madeleine - wedding tiara
Princess Christina - 6 buttons tiara

Princess Sofia's tiara's may be swept around, she may choose for her wedding tiara at the Nobels and wear the buttons at the second night.

I will try to do some guess only for the first night of the Nobels:

The queen: Nine prongs
Victoria: six buttons
Madeleine: four buttons
Sofia: wedding tiara

First night for the Nobels:

Silva - 9 prong
Victoria - Baden
Madeleine - Modern Fringe
Sofia - wedding tiara.

(I still find it odd that Sofia wasn't wearing a Bernadotte tiara on her wedding day.)

2nd night - Victoria and Madeleine wore their Baden and Modern Fringes last year, they may do the same again. Sofia wears the wedding tiara on the 2nd night.

Of the Swedish collection, the Edward VII Ruby Tiara and the Diamond Bandeau have not been worn in recent years. Those two tiaras, like the Steel Cut, are tough pieces to wear. It will depend on the hairstyle and the dress would have to work well with them. If someone decides to switch it up and choose these tiaras I hope they make sure they look right in them.

Last edited:
The Cameo, in my opinion, should stay as a wedding tiara, and for the fiance of the king, the fiance of the crown prince, or a blood crown princess. The design I think is made for a queen to be.

My guesses:

Nobels:
Silvia:Leuchtenberg Tiara
Victoria:Baden Fringe
Madeleine: Modern Fringe
Sofia:Wedding Tiara

Dinner:
Silvia:Large Cut Steel
Victoria:Six Button
Madeleine:Modern Fringe
Sofia:Amethust Tiara

Good luck to everyone;)

My guesses for the Nobel Prizes:

Nobel Prizes:

Silvia: Cameo tiara
Victoria: Baden Fringe tiara
Madeleine: Amethyst tiara
Sofia: Wedding tiara

King's dinner:

Silvia: Connaught tiara
Victoria: Large Cut Steel tiara
Madeleine: Wedding tiara
Sofia: Wedding tiara

Last edited:
Other than the queen, the others seem to wear the same tiara for both events.

My guess

Silvia: Braganca for one and the Leuchtenburg sapphire (if not, change the Nine prongs with one). I could see possibly the Connaght but she usually wears one of the bigger guns for these events.

Victoria: either the Baden, or the cut steel (if she wears different ones, I say Baden for the ceremony, cut for the dinner). Baden is my top choice if wears same for both.

Maddie: The Modern fringe. If she wears different, then the modern fringe for ceremony, Connaught for the dinner. Possibly the amethyst instead of the Connaught.

Sofia: wedding tiara. If she manages to get to borrow one to wear two, say wedding for ceremony and four button for the dinner.

Christina: has worn the six button for years (has worn others in past but been years)so I'd be surprised if she doesn't continue.

My guesses:

Nobels:
Silvia:Leuchtenberg Tiara
Victoria:Baden Fringe
Madeleine: Modern Fringe
Sofia:Wedding Tiara

Dinner:
Silvia:Large Cut Steel
Victoria:Six Button
Madeleine:Modern Fringe
Sofia:Amethust Tiara

Good luck to everyone;)

I hope you're right, simply because I would love to see those amethysts on Sofia.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Reactions: eya
Other than the queen, the others seem to wear the same tiara for both events.

My guess

Silvia: Braganca for one and the Leuchtenburg sapphire (if not, change the Nine prongs with one). I could see possibly the Connaght but she usually wears one of the bigger guns for these events.

Victoria: either the Baden, or the cut steel (if she wears different ones, I say Baden for the ceremony, cut for the dinner). Baden is my top choice if wears same for both.

Maddie: The Modern fringe. If she wears different, then the modern fringe for ceremony, Connaught for the dinner. Possibly the amethyst instead of the Connaught.

Sofia: wedding tiara. If she manages to get to borrow one to wear two, say wedding for ceremony and four button for the dinner.

Christina: has worn the six button for years (has worn others in past but been years)so I'd be surprised if she doesn't continue.
It was last year that all Princesses repeated the same tiara. In 2013 Victoria only attended the Dinner and Madeleine didn't attend all. And before that 2007 was the only year when the two sisters repeated the same tiara. So I see a small chance that they wear different tiaras this year. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

I think that the bigger tiaras will come out for the Awards Ceremony. So if Madeleine wears the Connaught or amethyst tiara, then it will probably be on the first night, imo.

I also believe that Madeleine and Sofia will be on the same level, so to speak. If one wears a borrowed tiara, the other will too.
I hope you're right, simply because I would love to see those amethysts on Sofia.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Imo the amethysts will be reserved for later. The four buttons come across as a starter tiara in the SRF. I think it will be her first borrowed tiara.

As for necklaces, I'd love to see Victoria with the laurel tiara as necklace!

Tilia C. I agree with you love to see the laurel tiara as necklace.

and lilians earings would be good on Victoria

We have not seen lilians jewllery much yet

Last edited:
I'm just looking forward to..hopefully..seeing another tiara on Sophia. I'm hoping for the Connought but maybe she will have to do a button first.

I Wonder if the kings birthday 2016 (he will turn 70 and hopefully a gala will be held)
may be the last time we see so many ladies from the royal family gathering. His sisters starting to get older

The Queen
The Crown princess
Princess Sofia
Princess Madeleine
Princess Margartha
Princess Birgitta
Princess Desiree
Princess Christina

* nobel 2006 was the last time princess lilian took part of gala events
and at the kings birthday 2006 there were also 8 bejewlled royal ladies Llilian instead of Sofia

Princess birgittas doughter (Princess Désirée of Hohenzollern) seems to be the only one how wears a tiara of the kings sisters children. Often her mothers circle tiara

2030 will be the first year for Princess Estelle to wear a tiara.

Tilia C. I agree with you love to see the laurel tiara as necklace.

and lilians earings would be good on Victoria

We have not seen lilians jewllery much yet
I have never really noticed these earrings, but you are right that they would be good on Victoria.
I'm just looking forward to..hopefully..seeing another tiara on Sophia. I'm hoping for the Connought but maybe she will have to do a button first.
The Connaught tiara is one of the tiaras frequently worn by the Queen and she rarely lends it to the other ladies. Over the last years it was only at the biggest events, the three royal weddings, that her daughters and Princess Birgitta were allowed to wear it. So I don't think that Sophia will start out with this one and at a regular Nobel Awards. Maybe for a bigger event like the King's 70th birthday, but even then she'll probably start out with one of the more often shared tiaras, like the buttons or the amethyst.
I Wonder if the kings birthday 2016 (he will turn 70 and hopefully a gala will be held)
may be the last time we see so many ladies from the royal family gathering. His sisters starting to get older

The Queen
The Crown princess
Princess Sofia
Princess Madeleine
Princess Margartha
Princess Birgitta
Princess Desiree
Princess Christina

* nobel 2006 was the last time princess lilian took part of gala events
and at the kings birthday 2006 there were also 8 bejewlled royal ladies Llilian instead of Sofia

Princess birgittas doughter (Princess Désirée of Hohenzollern) seems to be the only one how wears a tiara of the kings sisters children. Often her mothers circle tiara

2030 will be the first year for Princess Estelle to wear a tiara.
You might be right. Now that all three children of the King are married the next tiara gala after the 70th BD will probably be the King's 80th BD in 2026. That's a long time:sad:.

I have never really noticed these earrings, but you are right that they would be good on Victoria.

The Connaught tiara is one of the tiaras frequently worn by the Queen and she rarely lends it to the other ladies. Over the last years it was only at the biggest events, the three royal weddings, that her daughters and Princess Birgitta were allowed to wear it. So I don't think that Sophia will start out with this one and at a regular Nobel Awards. Maybe for a bigger event like the King's 70th birthday, but even then she'll probably start out with one of the more often shared tiaras, like the buttons or the amethyst.

You might be right. Now that all three children of the King are married the next tiara gala after the 70th BD will probably be the King's 80th BD in 2026. That's a long time:sad:.

And we don't really know how many of the Swedish royal ladies attending the King's 70th Birthday. Both Victoria and Sofia could be due to give birth or recently have done.

I really hope for another gala occasion, but I could settle with some monarchy to monarchy visits.

And we don't really know how many of the Swedish royal ladies attending the King's 70th Birthday. Both Victoria and Sofia could be due to give birth or recently have done.

I really hope for another gala occasion, but I could settle with some monarchy to monarchy visits.

HAHA, I can´t!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
The last "round birthdays" of the king there was always a "special occasion", where tiaras has been used - yeah, the Nordic Monarchies knows how to celebrate with as much glitter as possible. So a Monarchs "Round birthday" allows us to see many tiaras, not only from the Swedish ladies, but also from the other invited monarchies....
soooo: I WANT TONS of tiaras!
Bye Bine

Last edited:

The King's birthday is at the end of April. Victoria's baby was announced for March, so it is very unlikely that can't attend. Sofia is said to be due in April, so there is a small possibility that she will be unable to attend. But usually they announce slightly later dates to calm down people. If she were due end of April they'd probably have said May.
HAHA, I can´t!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
The last "round birthdays" of the king there was always a "special occasion", where tiaras has been used - yeah, the Nordic Monarchies knows how to celebrate with as much glitter as possible. So a Monarchs "Round birthday" allows us to see many tiaras, not only from the Swedish ladies, but also from the other invited monarchies....
soooo: I WANT TONS of tiaras!
Bye Bine
That's the spirit!:ROFLMAO: So you will like to hear that King Harald has his 80th BD in February 2017.:D Also King Willem Alexander will have his 50th BD in 2017, and I wonder if he (and Maxima) will re-introduce tiaras for their milestone events? Their Accession gala gives me some hope in that area.

The King's birthday is at the end of April. Victoria's baby was announced for March, so it is very unlikely that can't attend. Sofia is said to be due in April, so there is a small possibility that she will be unable to attend. But usually they announce slightly later dates to calm down people. If she were due end of April they'd probably have said May.

Even if both of them have given birth at the time of the King's Birthday I'm not sure they will attend. I'm not sure Victoria will leave her baby for attending a gala dinner, she didn't do so in April 2012 when Estelle was only two months, but it's perhaps different when it's the King's 70th Birthday. We'll see :lol:

I think it could depend on how the babies are on the day. But if they are fine they could easily be left with a nanny somewhere close by in the palace. In case of need the mother would be there within minutes. But then I so much like to see Victoria with a tiara that I can't accept her absence.:p

I think it could depend on how the babies are on the day. But if they are fine they could easily be left with a nanny somewhere close by in the palace. In case of need the mother would be there within minutes. But then I so much like to see Victoria with a tiara that I can't accept her absence.:p

Would love to see her at the banquet! :flowers:

That's the spirit!:ROFLMAO: So you will like to hear that King Harald has his 80th BD in February 2017.:D Also King Willem Alexander will have his 50th BD in 2017, and I wonder if he (and Maxima) will re-introduce tiaras for their milestone events? Their Accession gala gives me some hope in that area.

And we have Margrethe and Henrik's golden wedding anniversary in 2017 to look forward to. Their silver anniversary was a tiara event as well.

The swedish royal couple will celebrate ruby anniversary in june 19th 2016

Diplomatic banquet in the UK today, hope we get to see some pictures

Really? How do you know about it? I want to see tiaras all over the places!
We are lucky if we get one or two paparazzi shots of a royal in their car. But I do hope that there will be some pics again this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom