Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think it makes a beautiful bandeau--so lovely. And, Sonja wears it well. She doesn't have the same number of jewels as the other houses (Sweden, Netherlands, UK) but she does have a lovely collection that she wears quite well.

Tonight: The Girls of Great Britain tiara, Festoon necklace, and the Queen Mother's earrings. I think this is the first time HM has worn the earrings the Queen Mother wore so frequently.

British Royal Family - Yahoo! News Photos

Congratulations, Ella Kay, you got it right!
That is definitely my favorite among the tiaras she wears. She looked really great and the colour of her dress really suits her, imo.

Moving on to T&T, what tiara do we expect to see QE2 in? My guess would is that the Queen will wear either the Kokoshnik or the Grand Duchess Vladamir.

No one saw this coming! How exciting to see this piece again!

OK, everyone!! The Nobels are coming up. Just to get the topic rolling:
Queen Silvia wore the diamond Connaught Tiara last year with a lovely blue gown:
The Queen's Gowns

I loved the 2002 gown:
The Queen's Gowns

2000: One of my favorite gowns:
The Queen's Gowns

So which tiaras this year
For the Queen:

I think either the Leuchtenberg sapphire parure or the Nine-pronge tiara but hope that she will for the first time wear the ruby tiara for Nobel.

For Victoria.
something other then the baden fringe tiara. It looks good on her but something different would be nice.

For madleien:
As usual the modern fringe tiara.

I, too, would love to see the ruby tiara worn for the Nobel. Silvia's hair is perfect for such a piece--she's the only Queen I can think of who shapes her hair elaborately for events.
I would love to see something else on Victoria--I love the Baden fringe but it would be nice to see something different; I'm always a fan of the amethysts.
Madeleine will likely wear the modern fringe tiara, which is beautiful, but I am tired of seeing only that tiara on her. Can't she borrow another tiara from the family?

My guess:
Queen Sylvia: the Leuchtenberg sapphire parure
Princess Victoria: the Baden fringe tiara
Princess Madeleine: the modern fringe tiara

My somewhat realistic wish:
Queen Sylvia: ruby tiara
Princess Victoria: the amethyst tiara
Princess Madeleine: the modern fringe tiara

My completely unrealistic wish:;)
Queen Sylvia: a spectacular new setting of the good old buttons/rosettes
Princess Victoria: the ruby tiara
Princess Madeleine: the Connaught tiara

And I certainly don't want to see the button tiaras in their current setting.

Nobel 2009

I hope for something different/new for Victoria

Silvia: Nine prong tiara
Victoria: Ruby tiara (or the amthysts)
Madeleine: her fringe tiara
Christina: four button tiara (just to avoid that Victoria wears it :p)

What are your guesses for the Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony in Sweden?

Q Silvia?

CPrincess Victoria?

Princess Madeline?

Cant wait to see what they choose!!!

Well, if we don't see the buttons it may mean they are being reset for a fabulous wedding tiara!!!

I would like to see some amethysts this year, I just love the Swedish parue of amethysts--I don't really care who wears it.
I would also like to see the Connaught Ruby tiara, but only if the hair is right. That's a tricky tiara to wear.
I'm sure we'll see one of the fringes.

Facit:
Queen Silvia: Nine proung tiara
Victoria: Six rosettes
Madeleine: Four rosettes
Cristina: Steel cut

Facit:
Queen Silvia: Nine proung tiara
Victoria: Six rosettes
Madeleine: Four rosettes
Cristina: Steel cut

And Victoria wore the necklace, earrings and brooch from the amethysts and Madeleine the modern fringe tiara as necklace.

It looks like the SRF is screeming at us that they like their buttons tiaras very, very much and would the royal watcher please stop speculating about a new setting. I was surprised to see Madeleine with the 4 buttons tiara. Sofar I always thought that maybe it's not her taste. But she managed to wear it well, imo. Victoria's purple dress would have been perfect with the amethyst tiara.

I believe that there will be another dinner tomorrow. I couldn't find any information about that, but last year Queen Silvia wore the nine prongs tiara for this event, Victoria had a diamond necklace in her hair and Madeleine a diamond flower brooch. That makes me wonder what they might wear this year. Will they go back to tiaras? Or are they planning to go more low key in the future? I would like to see the ruby tiara again, but really have no idea what to expect.
What are your thoughts about this?

I believe that there will be another dinner tomorrow...
Yes there will be another dinner tomorrow hosted by the King in honor of the Nobel Prinze Winners. Until last year the wore all tiaras so probably we can expect the same tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's just me, but I am tired of the nine prong tiara. I don't think it's the most attractive tiara out there, either. Overall, I was disappointed in Silvia's jewelry selection for the Nobels--but perhaps she was playing it low key because she wanted her daughters to shine. Either way, though, not her best year. But, I do like her gown-
Victoria looked wonderful--the Belle of the Ball! Amethysts suit her quite well, I would have loved to see the amethyst tiara but I'm happy with the buttons (they are lovely, historic, and sentimental)
Madeleine--well, WOW is all I can say. She wore that four button tiara perfectly.

Tonight's dinner
Queen Silvia: the ruby tiara
Ps. Victoria: the steel cut tiara
Ps. Madeleine: the diamond necklace worn last year by Victoria
Ps. Christina: her own pearl tiara
- IBL Bildbyrå - Royaltyfria bilder, historiska bilder, illustrationsbilder med mera.

Good to see the ruby tiara worn more often, but I'm not sure of colour of the dress.
I always like to see the steel cut tiara on Victoria, imo it is the one tiara she wears better than all the other royal ladies. But I'm surprised to see it again today, as Princess Christina wore it yesterday.
Madeleine's up-do looks great today, but the necklace gets lost in it. Imo it looked better on Victoria, especially on the new portrait they just released. All in all it looks rather understated.

I do love the Connaught Ruby tiara, it's a beautiful piece of jewelry. However, Silvia looked, well, I think she looked about the worse I've ever seen her look--her hair slipped at one point, she looks rumpled--she just doesn't like Queen Silvia to me at all!

The tiara looks rather awful on Silvia with that hair, she should have done her hair up.
Shame Madeline never wore a tiara, and Victoria looked wonderful as always. :)

I went through the guesses for the Nobel Awards and must say that we did altogether poorly. Only Stefan, Her Majesty and rop81 came up the the Queen Sophia's nine prongs tiara. So congratulations to you three! But the buttons tiaras came as a surprise for everyone.

But the next event might be easier: the president of Vietnam will pay a state visit to Spain and there is a gala dinner sceduled on December 14th. My guess is that the royal ladies will wear their usual uniform of Prussian tiara for Letizia and floral tiara for the Queen. It would be great to see something different, but looking back at the past few state visits the only exception from the above was the small version of the ruby tiara worn by Queen Sophia at the French visit.
What do you think?

I keep coming up wrong with my guesses (most of it is vain hope on my part anyway) but I sure would love to not see the Prussian tiara. It's very lovely, but I'm getting to the point where I am tired of it. It's the same feeling I have for Mette-Marit's wedding tiara, Camilla's Boucheron, and the Swedish nine prong or Baden. I would love to see something different.

With regard to Queen Sofia, I confess my favorite tiara of hers is actually the Niarchos ruby bandeau--I love it. I really, really do. It's beautiful. Here is a pic, although I prefer the double stranded bandeau:
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2009/04/27/cena-gala/imgs/palacio-11a.jpg

so, here is my wish/hope:
Letizia in the rubies (I know, I know--but I must see them with her dark hair all swept up with the rubies woven through) and Queen Sofia in the floral--with the turquoise necklace and earrings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom