The UAE Royalty 2: June 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There you go...scheduling fun without me. :p

I have put the Hamdan rotten teeth rumor to rest. On our yahoo board, I have posted a picture of him. If you blow it up (which is always recommended), you can tell that he has braces on the bottom. His teeth are rather nice actually.

Originally posted by houri@Jun 9th, 2004 - 10:13 pm
silver charm why you say that ?
Alcohol is an opiate to the boring. It makes people think something is fun when it is not because it impairs your reasoning. Whereas, all my friends from Kuwait talk about how nice it is there and how much fun people have with each other. My impression is that Kuwait is a nice place to live and Dubai is a nice place to visit.

the truth is there is no place like the gulf I mean not the place but the people

I will be ok for Saturday 22:00-23:00 GMT. I think that is 18:00 - 19:00 EST? Sunday I won't be able to chat....sorry girls. Anytime before that will also be ok.

La la: London it is :rolleyes:

I am so spaced out.... all the coffee in the world will not make me wake up.

Originally posted by Layla@Jun 10th, 2004 - 9:01 am
I will be ok for Saturday 22:00-23:00 GMT. I think that is 18:00 - 19:00 EST? Sunday I won't be able to chat....sorry girls. Anytime before that will also be ok.

La la: London it is :rolleyes:

I am so spaced out.... all the coffee in the world will not make me wake up.
try eating apples. they have more 'pick me up' than coffee.

will try to get the girls together.....

Houri: I am a 'thoroughbred' (just thought I would use a term that is kinda related to the great UAE) Persian, but I travel to the Mid East (especially UAE) quite a bit.

I have attended many weddings in Dubai and Sharjah, from conservative Bedouins to the more liberated business families. There is a slight difference but on a whole they are all very similar.

Last wedding I went to in DXB, the Hyatt ballroom was turned into a tropical island. I mean with fresh plants and flowers! It was so beautiful it looked ostentatious. Anyway, the bride was brought in with the singer Ahlam (UAE popular singer). I think there were about 1500 guests (Sheikhas included) and I bet they had mostly come to see Ahlam. There were custom made chocolates made in Switzerland with pics of the bride and groom on them. The dresses and jewellery of the ladies were fom the 1001 Nights. We just stayed till Ahlam finished a few songs and then TOOK OFF!

In Bahrain it was different. The bride and groom were at the door greeting their guests. Once everyone was seated, they opened the dance floor with a waltz and then the beat became Arabic. The bride and groom then took rounds and sat at each table making small talk with the guests. Totally different than the UAE, where the bride does a walk down the catwalk as if she were a model (to show her gown), and then sits in her "koosha" and others need to go up to her to congratulate her.

Originally posted by Layla@Jun 10th, 2004 - 9:24 am
Houri: I am a 'thoroughbred' (just thought I would use a term that is kinda related to the great UAE) Persian, but I travel to the Mid East (especially UAE) quite a bit.

I have attended many weddings in Dubai and Sharjah, from conservative Bedouins to the more liberated business families. There is a slight difference but on a whole they are all very similar.

Last wedding I went to in DXB, the Hyatt ballroom was turned into a tropical island. I mean with fresh plants and flowers! It was so beautiful it looked ostentatious. Anyway, the bride was brought in with the singer Ahlam (UAE popular singer). I think there were about 1500 guests (Sheikhas included) and I bet they had mostly come to see Ahlam. There were custom made chocolates made in Switzerland with pics of the bride and groom on them. The dresses and jewellery of the ladies were fom the 1001 Nights. We just stayed till Ahlam finished a few songs and then TOOK OFF!

In Bahrain it was different. The bride and groom were at the door greeting their guests. Once everyone was seated, they opened the dance floor with a waltz and then the beat became Arabic. The bride and groom then took rounds and sat at each table making small talk with the guests. Totally different than the UAE, where the bride does a walk down the catwalk as if she were a model (to show her gown), and then sits in her "koosha" and others need to go up to her to congratulate her.
Personally, I'm not a fan of weddings (mine was painful enough). I do enjoy a good anniversary celebration. As I like to say, the wedding is the end of the fairytale and the beginning of a good story.

I've heard horrendous things about UAE weddings, namely they are boring & tacky.

Houri, you are right people in the gulf are beyond compare.

Thank you, SC! How old is Sheikh Maktoum bin Mo? Why isn't he going places with his father and brothers? Also, is he into horse-riding? I have never seen him sitting on a horse back.

Is any of Mo's daughters, apart from Sheikha Shamsa, into horse-riding? I think Latifa was mentioned in an article but I don't know how true that is. Anyone who can brief me? :unsure:

Originally posted by La la@Jun 10th, 2004 - 1:12 pm
Thank you, SC! How old is Sheikh Maktoum bin Mo? Why isn't he going places with his father and brothers? Also, is he into horse-riding? I have never seen him sitting on a horse back.

Is any of Mo's daughters, apart from Sheikha Shamsa, into horse-riding? I think Latifa was mentioned in an article but I don't know how true that is. Anyone who can brief me? :unsure:
One of his daughters competed in an horsie thing in DXB. She did not do so well. And I've heard rumours another one of his daughters took polo lessons in England. I'm sure they all have properly trained just some actually enjoy it and stick with it and others don't.

Shk Mak bin Mo-he's a spitting image of Hind. Don't know his age either. But always saw him about in DXB.

I'm sure Noura & Layla know more.

Shk Maktoum is around 20. He did some horse riding when he was younger but I don't think it was his cup of tea. He is more into computers. I belive (I am not totally sure) he is incharge of the internet city in Dubai. He has a reputation for being very sweet and down to earth. Not the big time playboy type. I have heard nothing but wonderful things said about him. The rest of the family tends to get mixed reviews.

Originally posted by silver charm@Jun 10th, 2004 - 6:26 pm
Shk Mak bin Mo-he's a spitting image of Hind. Don't know his age either. But always saw him about in DXB.
That's interesting. I wonder whose eyes and looks his some of his children have inherited? They have been truly blessed in this department!

Originally posted by Noura@Jun 10th, 2004 - 1:47 pm
What's up with the ugly brown dishdash Rashid's wearing in the WAM photo's.
Noura, it's completely obvious what is going on with dishdasha-father and son bonding at the tailors. :blink:

Originally posted by pallas athina@Jun 10th, 2004 - 12:52 am
As an aside, I'll be gone until Sunday after tonight so don't have too much fun without me.
I'm sorry PA, we couldn't keep our promise! :cry:

But here is a picture to make it up :flower:

.. of you know who

Originally posted by La la+Jun 10th, 2004 - 7:22 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (La la @ Jun 10th, 2004 - 7:22 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pallas athina@Jun 10th, 2004 - 12:52 am
As an aside, I'll be gone until Sunday after tonight so don't have too much fun without me.
I'm sorry PA, we couldn't keep our promise! :cry:

But here is a picture to make it up :flower:

.. of you know who [/b][/quote]
he's so good looking. it should be illegal. :p

Originally posted by La la@Jun 10th, 2004 - 1:12 pm
Is any of Mo's daughters, apart from Sheikha Shamsa, into horse-riding? I think Latifa was mentioned in an article but I don't know how true that is.
The Sheikha Latifa who is the show jumper is not Sheikh Mohammed's daughter. She's his neice, Sheikha Latifa bint Ahmed bin Rashid al Maktoum. She has some *very* nice horses including an Oldenburger mare named Granada that was a top FEI junior Grand Prix horse in Europe for the former owner. She also lends her horses to a few of the UAE A level riders for trans-arab and international events.

There is an article on her here: Sheikha Latifa bint Ahmed, show jumper

Sheikh Mo's daughter Sheikha Manal also rides regularly, she's in her mid 20s.

Sheikha Shamsa is the intriguing one because of the story from the UK, but you don't hear or read even one word about her (hmmmm..Daddy still have her grounded? Hopefully not under plot 189 of The Palms) :innocent:

There are a couple of the Sharjah Emirati al Qassimi royals who are upper int level show jumpers as well: Sheikh Majid (bin Abdullah) and Sheikha Haifa.

There are a lot of Sheikhas named Latifa, all the 4 top Maktoum bros have daughters named Latifa. The family matriarch, Sheikh Rashid's only wife, was named Latifa so all the young ones honor her, I suppose.

Other Sheikha Latifa's:

**Sheikh Mohammed's daughter Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed al Maktoum. Here she is doing some of her philanthropy work for the Little People bedecked in her everyday jewels. Perhaps she and Princesss Haya could go halfsies on a trainer and an image consultant: :innocent:
Latifa opens Dubai Child Summit, Oct 2001 and Picture
Latifa opens House of Talents fair, Mar 2002 and Picture

**Sheikh Hamdan's daughter Sheikha Latifa bint Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum:
Sheikha Latifa bint Hamdan with sister Sheikha Hessa (twins maybe?):

**Sheikh Maktoum also has an older daughter named Latifa, she is an artist of some sort whose paintings have been displayed for charities, Sheikha Latifa bint Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum

Originally posted by sommone@Jun 11th, 2004 - 12:13 am
I know I'm late, but who is that in the picture?
That's Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed al Maktoom who is the head of Emirates Airlines--you've seen their logo plastered on anything having to do with Dubai and he's in the news almost every day. He also runs the govt civil aviation dept, the Dubai version of the US's "FAA".

He is actually the uncle of the current ruling brother group of Maktoum/Hamdan/Mohd/Ahmed though he's younger. His father died when he was still in utero, I believe, and the other part of the family raised him and gave him his own airline to keep busy with. (His oldest brother Rashid was their father, there is also a middle brother named Kalifa).

He's around 40ish, attractive, looks good in either a dishdasha or a suit, US educated, reportedly an unassuming nice guy type royal, and allegedly still single hence all the oogling and ahhing.

Well, WOW, thank you for the photos and the info, Gobsmacked (what a name ;) ).

So, is Sheikh Ahmed bin Rashid married. I thought he was single (not that I'm interested). Hm, does the Sheikhas mingle with the Sheikhs at the stables or do they they have their own? This should be a good opportunity for Manal and Mansour to spend some quality time together, don't you think? :rolleyes:

Once again, thank you and welcome! I'm so happy our UAE Royalties are popular!

Hi All,

Sheikh Mohammed's daughter Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed al Maktoum looks exactly the way she does on the pics MO has on his site.... she hasn't changed at all.. Does Mo have twin girls? I think he does, but perhaps they are just close in age...

Lala, I really like the Sheikh Ahmed picture.... where was it taken - is he involved in children's charities as well? Where does he find all the time - does he even sleep? ;)

Sheikh Hamdan's teeth: I think he does wear braces, they don't always photograph so well... he's got access to the best orthodontists - his teeth should look a lot better.... :innocent:

:flower:

Does anyone know any info about Sheikh Jassim :heart: or Sheikh Tamim of Qatar? Are they single? Do they participate in horse racing competitions?

:flower:

Thanks Gobsmacked for the info. Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed is a carbon copy of Maktoum bin Mohammed.

QueenB: no info on these two hunks yet. I have a Qatari friend whose father is a hot shot in the govt. She is currently out of town. Once I get my hands on her, I'll see what I can collect on your beloved Jassim & Tamim.

my friend will marry in monday she will not attending the ceremony celebrating in the hotel

she ask me and my friends to attending to her family house to celebrating with her and she don't favor abig wedding just simple with us and her sisters

Thank you so much Layla :flower: !!!!! They are gorgeous aren't they... well, Jassim :heart: is.... With some work, Tamim can be hot!!!!!!! :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom