The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 10: May - September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
from fotobank

Attachments

• S016-4143.jpg
    S016-4143.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 154
  • S016-4145.jpg
    S016-4145.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 165
  • S016-4142.jpg
    S016-4142.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 178
Infanta Cristina looked very elegant in that gown. And we could just imagine her towering height especially that she is in between her husband and her father.

paulette said:
Infanta Cristina looked very elegant in that gown. And we could just imagine her towering height especially that she is in between her husband and her father.
well yes, she's 5'11 (without heels, that's why she looked almost as tall as KJC in that pic), her father is 6'1 and her husband is 6'5 so they are a very tall family!;)

Both Infantas are very tall, it's lucky for them that they found such giant husbands:D

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Both Infantas are very tall, it's lucky for them that they found such giant husbands:D

How tall are Elena and Jaime? How about the rest of the RF?

ladejesus said:
How tall are Elena and Jaime? How about the rest of the RF?

Felipe and Jaime are both 6'5, Queen Sofia is 5'9, Infanta Elena is 5'10

What a pretty dress for the Infanta Cristina. Does anyone know who designed it?

Kelly said:
What a pretty dress for the Infanta Cristina. Does anyone know who designed it?

Jesús del Pozo, a famous Spanish designer;)

crisiñaki said:
Felipe and Jaime are both 6'5, Queen Sofia is 5'9, Infanta Elena is 5'10

The Queen is 5'9?? She doesn't look that tall, even when she's on her own :eek:

...sOfIa.... said:
The Queen is 5'9?? She doesn't look that tall, even when she's on her own :eek:

Queen Sofia is 1.74m, she's taller than Letizia who's 1.67m

ladejesus said:
Wow! They're all so tall!:eek: Thanks crisiñaki.:)

Yes, I know it; if you look at pictures where the whole family is with other people: politicians, other royals, etc; you'll see the SRF usually towers over them all;)

ahhh and I love your avatar;):D

King Juan Carlos I, accompanied by their daughter, Infant Elena, attended the bullfight of rejones celebrated in the Madrilenian bullring

from terra

Attachments

• 7208056af8982g.jpg
    7208056af8982g.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 725
  • 7208056afdd1cg.jpg
    7208056afdd1cg.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 724
fanletizia said:
King Juan Carlos I, accompanied by their daughter, Infant Elena, attended the bullfight of rejones celebrated in the Madrilenian bullring

from terra
Fanletizia, was this bullfight today?

Thanks in advance! ;)

crisiñaki said:
Queen Sofia is 1.74m, she's taller than Letizia who's 1.67m

Wow I never would have guessed HM's height from the photos I've seen of her. Another tall gal hooray :)

The Vatican confirms the encounter of the Pope with The Kings and Zapatero during his trip to Valencia in July

8th of July and after lunch and a brief time of rest, to 17:15 hours Pope will be transferred until the Palace of the Valencian Generalitat, autonomic seat of the government, where he will be with the Kings of Spain, Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía, and will also receive, according to previous forecasts, to all the members of the Royal Family.

http://actualidad.terra.es/provincias/valencia/articulo/vaticano_papa_reyes_zapatero_valencia_928605.htm

Still it is not confirmed by the web of the Royal House, but it seems that the next saturday the 24th, day of San Juan there will be a small receipt on the occasion of the Onomástica of the King. This one is a part of the agenda of the Prime minister.

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/zapatero_kirchner_congreso_cumbre_ue_935090.htm
(...)
The prime minister will be present on Saturday morning at the meeting of the Federal Committee of the PSOE and in the evening he will come to the receipt that the King will offer in the Palace of the Zarzuela on the occasion of his "onomástica".

lula said:
http://www.casareal.es/esp/cronicas/Acto.jsp?acto=3389

Luncheon offered by Their Majesties the Kings and the Prínces of Asturias in honor of the President of the Republic Argentina and Ms of Kirchner

http://www.lagaceta.com.ar/vernotae.asp?id_nota=162615

The president Néstor Kirchner will travel on Monday to Spain

(...)
On Wednesday, the first day of activity, Kirchner will take part of a luncheon with the kings of Spain(...)

The power of the World Cup...don't know if it's true, but I read that they are not having the traditional Gala dinner at the Royal Palace because Argentina is scheduled to play wednesday at 21:00 hours!

lucys said:
The power of the World Cup...don't know if it's true, but I read that they are not having the traditional Gala dinner at the Royal Palace because Argentina is scheduled to play wednesday at 21:00 hours!

I believe that it is not true, it is a mistake of the one who has written it, because I also have read it.

The dinners of gala are in the Visits of State not in the official visits; in the official visits depending on the agenda there can be a lunch or a dinner in the Royal Palace.
This is an official visit, and not a visit of State, for what there is neither military official reception nor farewell, nor food neither in the Zarzuela, nor dinner of gala in the Royal Palace.

Thanks Lula for the precisions about the lunch or dinner for official visit. I'm just doing a little on the old agenda of the Casa Real of Spain, and I can see that for this nkind of visit there are not gala diner. The last states visit was these of CEI with president Putin and his wife.

can be certain
DOMINGO HENARES/
Perhaps the reality is very other, different from a simple coincidence of the manifestation of joy of our Kings and their relatives by the miraculous triumph, in this occasion, of our selection of soccer in their first serious encounter of World-wide the 2006. That is to say, it will be truth that, from Don Juan Carlos to Doña Leonor, all the Palace of the Zarzuela is watching how becomes stabilized or changes the marker of goals, as if strictly speaking it was to them part of his lives in the result? The case is that all the movements of the Real House are measured, with a studied affluent agenda, with suits adapted for each occasion, the smile even that takes more according to the theater box, and until with the glance of greater preoccupation than it is precise. And thus, of advance party, there that went Don Felipe and Doña Letizia to the stage of Leipzig, the noblest fans within the crowd, to see how the Ukraine fell, were enough, and to applaud watching the one at the other future of Spain. They are the heraldos. Day 14 past, agreed all the clocks (to say that they were stopped is one cursilería) of the thousands of Spaniards who mentioned themselves ahead of the television sets, the Spaniards of good faith and all the hope, of that made the joy possible del triumph because they believed in the victory. And, those that very were not convinced beforehand from the four to zero, had to look for an alibi quickly. Because the Spaniards looked for by the corners of the television sets certain personages who usually give good luck to the sportsmen who represent Spain. Thus, Doña Sofía saw the first encounter of the team of Aragonese Luis from Bangkok, and its alibi is called, like other times, Doña Letizia. His Majesty the King, Don Juan Carlos, had to be contented with seeing the second time from the Zarzuela, by commitments contracted for the morning in Aerial Base of Culvert. Its alibi, since it always does, was Prince Don Felipe. So that, between goal and goal, crossing itself bets, were possible to guess the future of a mother country. It can be that the Princes of Spain, of as much watching how they vitorean and until the masses rugen, know the future that hopes to us. Because they at some future date do not applaud the event that happens to them constantly, but better. Hopefully it is certain.

http://www.laverdad.es/albacete/pg060618/prensa/noticias/Articulos_Albacete/200606/18/ALB-OPI-346.htm

FROM CASA REAL

Queen Sofía with Infanta Margarita and Carlos Zurita
Concert of Closing of the academic course of the High school of Music Queen Sofía
Palacio of El Pardo . Madrid

Attachments

• 1150878669868.jpg
    1150878669868.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 273
  • 1150878608087.jpg
    1150878608087.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 1150877938809.jpg
    1150877938809.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 182
  • 1150877282112.jpg
    1150877282112.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 182
  • 1150876944416.jpg
    1150876944416.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 201
the queen is recycling in these weeks lots of clothes.

rchainho said:
the queen is recycling in these weeks lots of clothes.

The Queen always has done it and continues doing it ... enclosed some suits that seem to be new, it turns out that they are 3 or 4 years ago.;) If we saw photos of a few years ago we would be surprised, I have seen some suits that seemed to me to be new, and it turns out that they were of a few years ago

From reuters via yahoo

Attachments

• r299834034.jpg
    r299834034.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 375
  • r1414398464.jpg
    r1414398464.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 288
  • r2683264224.jpg
    r2683264224.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 196
Last edited by a moderator: