The Princess of Asturias and The Infanta Sofía's News Thread, Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait so there’s no party or tiara moments?

Do you also think she will be invited to Prince Christian’s 18th birthday?

Felipe VI takes it for granted that the swearing-in of the Constitution by Princess Leonor can be held on October 31.
Felipe VI expressed confidence that the swearing in of the Constitution by Leonor can be celebrated on the day she turns 18, that is, October 31, despite the current political situation, since predictably then there will still be no new Government.
“There is no reason why Leonor's oath or promise cannot be carried out on October 31. Whether or not the Government is formed, she will be sworn in before the Cortes”.

https://monarquia.elconfidencialdig...-estamos-poco-solos/20230915141121109059.html

That is not the way how it such things are done in Spain. There are never big celebrations and Galas for birthdays there.

There might be a tiara debut soon though if Leonor starts attending state dinners after she turns 18.

There might be a tiara debut soon though if Leonor starts attending state dinners after she turns 18.
True :flowers: Leonor has been very active with engagements in the last few years, even attending solo or with her sister Sofía (for an heir who has not reached majority, she has been in a public eye very often). Therefore, I believe her parents will rely on her more (with a certain limitation because of her ongoing education) after she turns 18 years old.

I hope we get a new portrait to mark her birthday.

True :flowers: Leonor has been very active with engagements in the last few years, even attending solo or with her sister Sofía (for an heir who has not reached majority, she has been in a public eye very often). Therefore, I believe her parents will rely on her more (with a certain limitation because of her ongoing education) after she turns 18 years old.

I hope we get a new portrait to mark her birthday.

I hope Leonor has an official tiara photo (preferably with the Prussian tiara) when she is 18.

I hope Leonor has an official tiara photo (preferably with the Prussian tiara) when she is 18.

I hope that we will see an official tiara photo as well, but I have a feeling that our wish will not be granted.

My guess is that there will (has to) be a portait, but not with a tiara.
And I doubt that Leonor will attend state dinners straigt away, maybe only when she has finished her military education and studies.

Does anyone know if Felipe started attending state dinners straight away after he turned 18?

Does anyone know if Felipe started attending state dinners straight away after he turned 18?

Not sure about Felipe but Elena and Cristina started to attend State Dinners quiet soon after turning 18.
I also think an official Gala pic is quiet unlikely We didn't get one for Amalia and for Elisabeth 18th birthdays. Only for Ingrid Alexandra.
and from Spain we don't get much official Gala pics. There is only on from the King and Queen and that was released several years after their accession.

Last edited:
Neither Elisabeth, Ingrid Alexandra nor Catharina Amalia have already started attending State Visits, they all focus on their education for the time being. So I don't see no reason why the Spanish RF should handle this differently. So I don't expect to see Leonor at State Visits for several years. Imo, the only chance would be if she were invited to the birthday dinner of Prince Christian. But so far, there are no signs that many international royals were invited.

Neither Elisabeth, Ingrid Alexandra nor Catharina Amalia have already started attending State Visits, they all focus on their education for the time being. So I don't see no reason why the Spanish RF should handle this differently. So I don't expect to see Leonor at State Visits for several years. Imo, the only chance would be if she were invited to the birthday dinner of Prince Christian. But so far, there are no signs that many international royals were invited.

Felipe as a Prince attended state dinners while he was still at the military academy or university , didn’t he? I also recall his sisters attending state dinners in their early 20s.

All 3 children of King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia were present for example at the state dinner in honor of Queen Elizabeth II in 1989. I assume then that, if a similar occasion arises , Leonor might be present too when she is of age.

Last edited:
Well, the Spanish Royal Family is not following the example of other monarchies when it comes to those protocols. They're following Felipe's education path for Leonor's. So, if Felipe started attending state visits soon after completing 18 years old, then Leonor will follow suit.

Last edited:
Well, the Spanish Royal Family is not following the example of other monarchies when it comes to those protocols. They're following Felipe's education path for Leonor's. So, if Felipe started attending state visits soon after completing 18 years old, then Leonor will follow suit.

Felipe's first official act was being sent to Colombia, solo, at the age of 15. I would not say they are copying everything Felipe did.

The Princess of Asturias will have a very busy month of October.

6- Visit to the Basilica del Pilar (patron saint of Zaragoza and Spain) with her colleagues from the officer school.

7- Oath of Allegiance at the General Military Academy of Zaragoza. King Felipe and Queen Letizia are expected to attend.

12- National Day. Her presence is not confirmed, but it could be the first time she attended the parade dressed in a military uniform.

19-20-21 Princess of Asturias Awards in Oviedo

31 - 18th birthday. Due to the political situation in Spain there is no confirmation of the events that will be held for her 18th birthday. What is expected is that she will swear the Constitution in the Cortes Generales.

Last edited:
A very busy month ahead for Leonor in October.

There is a birthday thread to mark the events around Leonor's 18th birthday. You can find it here.

Leonor's Military training, including the oath on the 7th of October have been moved to a new thread as well, which you can find here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom