The Prince of Wales Current Events 9: April-October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a vociferous cheerleader for the environment and certain types of classical architecture, Prince Charles has never been afraid of a challenge.

Charles takes on China to save Ming dynasty houses from Beijing's concrete carbuncles | Environment | The Guardian

They are names that evoke sun- drenched orchards lost in the mists of time... Bloody Ploughman, Forty Shillings and Duck's Bill.
But apples such as these, long absent from our fruit bowls, could be making a comeback - thanks to Prince Charles.

Royal to the core: Charles aims to rescue long-lost apple varieties| News | This is London

I guess that's what I like about Prince Charles: he's never been afraid of challange and always went for what he thought was right.
Thank you for posting the articles, Skydragon! :flowers:

"I'll have a bag of Duck's Bills, please, and maybe a couple of pounds of Bloody Ploughmans." Sounds appetising, doesn't it? :eek:

"I'll have a bag of Duck's Bills, please, and maybe a couple of pounds of Bloody Ploughmans." Sounds appetising, doesn't it? :eek:
Sounds like something out of Harry Potter! :lol:

They may not sound appetising, but some of the older varieties are scrumptious! :flowers:

As he had every right to do, without Charles this house would have been sold to the highest bidder and the contents scattered across the world! Thank you Charles! :flowers:
-------------------
A group of travellers has moved onto land in the Prince of Wales's model village in Dorset

Travellers move into Poundbury, Prince Charles's model village - Telegraph

:bang: They are a major problem for anyone with land, including councils!

The Prince of Wales has marked World Environment Day by renewing his call for global action to stop the destruction of the tropical rainforests.

The Prince of Wales - The Prince's Rainforests Project launch a new website

Last edited:
:previous: Thanks so much for the article Skydragon. I really admire the Prince of Wales for his support of these little moments of whimsy that recall a specific time in history and make it a little more alive, a little more real. :flowers:

Not surprised that he's not paying the interest 'though. I mean there is real and then their is real! :whistling:

Last edited:
Since the debt was owed by a member of the Stuart dynasty, shouldn't it be the Duke of Bavaria's responsibility to settle up? :D

Last edited:
That's a hoot! :lol:
HRH certainly has a good sense of humor!

The Prince of Wales left talks to community volunteer workers from Norfolk during a reception for the Hope 08 initiative at Clarence House in central London 12-06-2008.
MediumPhoto

Guess what, it is Camilla's fault again, not the boring fact that Elizabeth wants to run her deceased fathers organic farm. :rolleyes:
-----------------------------
A BEVERLEY soldier honoured for his service in Iraq has been presented with the Military Cross by Prince Charles

Beverley soldier receives his Military Cross at Palace - Driffield Post
He was very well informed and seemed genuinely pleased that he was presenting the award

Since the debt was owed by a member of the Stuart dynasty, shouldn't it be the Duke of Bavaria's responsibility to settle up? :D

I don't think so as the duke is not descended from Charles II. but from the late Charles' sister who as French duchess of Orleans surely never had anything to do with this debt while this Charles' mother has after all the same position in the realm as Charles II. had when he became indebted.

Guess what, it is Camilla's fault again, not the boring fact that Elizabeth wants to run her deceased fathers organic farm. :rolleyes:

From the Mail's article:

"It was largely with Elizabeth's guidance that he has polished his passions for country and farming issues." - Saying that they want us to believe that her wish to run her own farm is not at the basis of it all? I wonder just how "modest" this farm really is and if there aren't some positions in the agricultural world around that might interest Ms. Buchanan in addition? Maybe she simply sees this as a chance to make her own decisions and be her own mistress instead of a secretary - even to the Prince of Wales? Why always this spite?

A more balanced, less vindictive take on the resignation -

Miss Buchanan, 46, is reportedly known as 'Miss Nannypenny' in the Royal household, for her fussy behaviour towards the Prince and she regularly appears in photographs with him

Prince Charles' private secretary Elizabeth Buchanan to resign - Telegraph
A Clarence House spokesman added: "She needs to spend more time on her family farm with her elderly mother. She has decided she can't combine that with a full time job in London

It is very understandable for Elizabeth to think about her life's new direction. Not only she would like to manage the farm after his father's death, but she would like to stay with her mother as long as she can. Moreover, since she is still single, trying to meet someone suitable then settling down is another possible option.

Only Daily Mail likes to mislead/misread all those netural information.

I don't think so as the duke is not descended from Charles II...
Jo, my post was intended as a tongue in cheek response regarding Duke Franz's position as the de juré Stuart representative and heir.

Jo, my post was intended as a tongue in cheek response regarding Duke Franz's position as the de juré Stuart representative and heir.

Warren, of course I got that :ROFLMAO:, but still I think it would be unfair to ask the duke to cover a debt when the other Stuart-line got the assets of Charles II....

A more balanced, less vindictive take on the resignation -

Miss Buchanan, 46, is reportedly known as 'Miss Nannypenny' in the Royal household, for her fussy behaviour towards the Prince and she regularly appears in photographs with him

Prince Charles' private secretary Elizabeth Buchanan to resign - Telegraph

More objective information from the Telegraph:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/2130251/Duchess-of-Cornwall-Camilla-Parker-Bowles's-grandchild-wins-Royal-baptism.html

Quote:

Last week, the resignation of Charles's private secretary, Elizabeth Buchanan, was attributed to Camilla's inreasing assertiveness, but officials at Clarence House are keen to assure me that the Duchess played no part in her departure. "In fact, both the Prince and the Duchess were very sad that Elizabeth decided to leave and made strenuous efforts to persuade her to stay," says their spokesman."

Prince Charles warmly congratulated pilots and ground crew at a medal ceremony at Wattisham Airfield today and presented awards to some of those who supported Prince Harry during his own spell in Afghanistan.

Prince Charles presents medals at Wattisham Airfield - Bury Free Press

The Prince of Wales spoke openly on Friday of the "worrying" times he endured when his son Prince Harry was fighting in Afghanistan.

Prince Charles was 'worried' during Harry's Afghanistan service - Telegraph

Prince Charles has said the armed forces face "testing times" because of the tempo of operations abroad.

BBC NEWS | UK | Troops under pressure - Charles

Prince Charles attends a presentation ceremony where he was handing out campaign medals to soldiers at a military airbase at Wattisham Suffolk paying tribute to the families of the servicemen and women, 2008-06-13.
MediumPhoto

Prince Charles attends a presentation ceremony where he was handing out campaign medals to soldiers at a military airbase at Wattisham Suffolk paying tribute to the families of the servicemen and women, 2008-06-13.
MediumPhoto
Does the darker tam denote a soldier of rank?

Indeed! My ADD/Dyslexia had the better of me!
Does it?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it is just because the chap in the dark beret is from a different regiment. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom