The Prince of Wales Current Events 6: June-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, love cc. The last two pics were from the concert last year, right?

Thank you, love cc. The last two pics were from the concert last year, right?
You are welcome, Hornsen. I got the photos from Lang Lang's blog.He just posted the artcle titled "Prince Charles in Memorial concert for Queen Mother". The article praised Prince Charles a lot: Lang Lang said he could feel Prince Charles's deep love for his sons despite they cannot show it publicly. He said he found Prince Charles as a very sincerely person with great passions and full of charms.

Pics 31.7.2007

Prince Charles visits Scotland 31 July 2007:

The Prince of Wales walks past some of his paintings on show during his visit to the Society of Caithness
Artists 71st annual exhibition held at Thurso High School, talks to fishermen at the Royal National Mission
to Deep Sea Fishermen, Scrabster, Caithness and tries one of the Mey Selections of Whisky produced by
Inver Hose Distillers:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Wonderful pics of Charles :)

Thank you, iceflower and milla Ca.
Scotland is his really home, I think. From there we always get happy pics of him (them). And he is a great painter IMO.

Her dress is a bit Thora Hird but she does look lovely.

Far north food gets the royal seal of approval

A food fair showcasting high-quality produce in Caithness and Sutherland got the royal seal of approval this week.

John O'Groat Journal and Caithness Courier: Far North food gets the royal seal of approval

It says he took special interest in the black buns. I've never seen or heard of these black buns. Apparently this is a specialty of Scottish cuisine. Apparently it is a pastry with fruit and spices filled in. It seems like it could be delicious, just judging from the recipe.

So i would like to taste the Prince´s eggs...:lol:
:lol: This is too cute. :D

Skydragon, I agree with you 100% on the building structures. It always amazes me how in tune the Prince is with the daily lives of people. His position gives him the capability of being above the cold concerns of business people and politicians. I remember when he first entered architectural discussion in the eighties and people said he was "putting hard-working architects out of business." First of all, it's rubbish (how could he?) Secondly, he was just pointing out what should have been obvious (that they are doing shoddy work in the name of cheap housing and steady profits!) :lol:
Nothing wrong with a little naked honesty in the world to balance out the selfish agendas of professionals, and good on the Prince for always being there to give it.

ROYAL ACCOLADE FOR RESCUE HERO

AN HEROIC RAF search-and-rescue winchman from the Island has received the Air Force Cross from Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace.
Sgt Mario Testa, 32, received the award after displaying gallantry of the highest order to save another’s life in the face of perilous conditions after he was scrambled to a rescue operation in March, 2006.

Have just seen HRH on BBC4 talking about Stephen Fry and manic depression. He said that he believed that manic depression was a huge problem that wasn't spoken about enough and that he felt Stephen Fry was a pioneer in speaking out about the illness. Thumbs up to the Prince of Wales on this one.

Last edited:
I think the Prince is right. I have the illness (I don't suffer from it, indeed when it's on my side it gives me creativity and when it's against me it near kills me) and it was just so wonderful to hear Charles talk about it. It was recognition from someone in high places about an illness that many GPs either miss or refuse to refer people onto. I hope the Prince of Wales gets on board to a bipolar charity because we could really use someone like him speaking out regularly on this.

Prince Charles's aides plotted against Diana

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/08/19/ndiana119.xml

From the article, as I realise many don't have time to read anything but the headline.

Yet it was the prince who, after reading the first draft, persuaded Dimbleby to remove passages relating to the affair.
It is understood the request was made on the grounds of "taste" and because Charles did not want to distress his sons.
According to senior sources, he did not dispute the accuracy of what Mr Dimbleby had written: the heir to the throne had learnt about his wife's affair in 1986, eight years before the Dimbleby book was published.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clarence House releases a new video about The Prince's visit to Robert Clack School

The Prince of Wales’s interest in education is detailed today in an exclusive film about His Royal Highness’s visit to an inspiring school in East London.

The Prince of Wales - Clarence House releases a new video about The Prince's visit to Robert Clack School

Capital pub sells beer fit for a prince

A PUB in Edinburgh will be welcoming a royal guest next month - the first beer brewed by Prince Charles' organic food and drink company

Scotsman.com News - Scotland - Capital pub sells beer fit for a prince

Last edited:
To quote that video : "Dagenham is one of the poorest boroughs in the country".

How very dare you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom