The Miller Family 2: July 2008-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't you think they both look very scary?
Totally. Neither was ever a great beauty, imo. D Von always seems to have an expression of a wolf about to pouce on you. Alex's head seems way too big for her body. Sorry, I kno that's catty. I'm not into modern design or furniture so I'd pass, but it would probably look good in a trendy club or something.

Alexandra looks great,much healthier than in the past,but I always thought that MC was the prettiest sister.Diane is not using too many artificial means to look phony-young and is aging as gracefully as possible.Diane could go the route of Joan Rivers and be overly pulled and tucked...but perhaps Diane could use a little less Botox in the forehead?
I am not a fan of modern furniture!

Alexandra looks great,much healthier than in the past,but I always thought that MC was the prettiest sister.Diane is not using too many artificial means to look phony-young and is aging as gracefully as possible.Diane could go the route of Joan Rivers and be overly pulled and tucked...but perhaps Diane could use a little less Botox in the forehead?
I am not a fan of modern furniture!
I always thought Pia was the most noble looking. In the the David Seidner portraits, she is photographed in profile, and I think her nose gives her a very regal look.
*David Seidner - Artwork (last picture)

Nice portrait!Pia is beautiful,but I still think MC is the most royal-looking one.

I agree, MC is the most royal looking sister.

Alexandra looks like a trans or am i mean?In my country when we see women with an appearance alike Alexandra's,we call them dogs: "skilia"

Alexandra looks like a trans or am i mean?In my country when we see women with an appearance alike Alexandra's,we call them dogs: "skilia"
It's a little mean.;)Alexandra could gain a few pounds,but her look is almost the norm among socialites in New York and Los Angeles.I think it's a bit artificial,plastic-looking,but Alexandra is looking so much more healthy than she has in the past.I remember when rich women looked healthy,well-tended-to,but you could not say with certainty that they had work done on them by a plastic surgeon,dermatologist.Today it is obvious who's had lip-plumping,botox...that fish-pout,artificial smoothness is so noticeable!

It is mean but also a truth!I wasn't speaking only about the fact that she has done plastics(nobody is blind).I was talking about the lack of feminity and the roughness of her face.When i see photos of her,i consider her as an immature and second-grade person with a bloated ego...

I saw the article in Hello magazine showing off Alexandra's house and some of her furniture. While I can appreciate the modern look, it wasn't to my liking. Her whole house is black and white - the only color comes from the lucite furniture pieces. I understand they are limited edition pieces and can retail up to five figure sums! I couple other things stuck me: 1) she has silver boxes with a crest on the cover (vF ?) sitting on several tables. I want something like that!; and 2) there are two large portraits of herself in the house. One is of her in her underwear and it hangs above the living room fireplace. The other one is of her naked and it hangs in her bedroom. I wonder if that's really wise for a person who is a recovered anorexic to do.

I must see that, fancy having a portrait of yourself in underwear in the living room!:whistling:

I saw the article in Hello magazine showing off Alexandra's house and some of her furniture. While I can appreciate the modern look, it wasn't to my liking. Her whole house is black and white - the only color comes from the lucite furniture pieces. I understand they are limited edition pieces and can retail up to five figure sums! I couple other things stuck me: 1) she has silver boxes with a crest on the cover (vF ?) sitting on several tables. I want something like that!; and 2) there are two large portraits of herself in the house. One is of her in her underwear and it hangs above the living room fireplace. The other one is of her naked and it hangs in her bedroom. I wonder if that's really wise for a person who is a recovered anorexic to do.

Can you imagine being invited to someone's house and they have a large portrait of themselves in their underwear? Especially in a room where she probably receives and entertains guests! Talk about awkward (IMO)! :nonono:

She seems very insecure to me, but she does seem like she is a good mother to her children. She moved to LA in order to be closer to the children's father-for the sake of their children. I do give her credit for that.

Oh,I feel so disappointed...Alexandra never paid attention to Mamma's lessons about style and class :verysad:

Actually, some forms of therapy for recovering anorexics is to look at photos of themselves naked and to see the beauty there and be able to accept themselves.

As for the nude and the underwear portraits, I'd have to see them but they could be done tastefully and artfully. I think she views herself as an artist in many ways and this could just be another expression.

I don't doubt she's a good mother, tho there's not enough info. about her children and she doesn't comment about them to really be able to say either way what sort of a mother she is. However, I was under the impression she followed her ex out West w the hope of reconciling w him - more for her than for her kids. I also read that after having lived in dark gloomy England for some time she really needed the warmth and sunshine and felt CA was the perfect place to be, so who knows what her real motives were for moving out there. As long as it's working for her and her family, that's all that matters.

2) there are two large portraits of herself in the house. One is of her in her underwear and it hangs above the living room fireplace. The other one is of her naked and it hangs in her bedroom. I wonder if that's really wise for a person who is a recovered anorexic to do.[/quote]

:previous:That's Αlex.A person of quality...Naked and underwear...A paradigm to be copied from her kids....:nonono::nonono::nonono:

:previous:
Have you seen the pictures?

It usually helps to know what you are talking about before making moral judgements on people you don't know.

Well I for one would like to see them for myself. Did someone say it was in a magazine? If so which one?
Just as an afterthought not so long ago it was the fashion for women to wear dresses that looked more like underwear than a dress perhaps this is what she was painted in.

It usually helps to know what you are talking about before making moral judgements on people you don't know.

Amen :flowers:

I have to agree with you. We can't belive in something that we haven't saw

Amen :flowers:

I have to agree with you. We can't belive in something that we haven't saw

Ok,you are right!I haven't seen if she was wearing a string,a tanga or a negligι in these paintings.I won't change my qualities,my moral standarts and my ethics if i see them and definitely don't consider the display of our nudity in our living rooms as a way to express our artistic nature.I wasn't talking about her underwear but i was wondering when sb gets photographed or painted naked or sexy,why we have to praise their act as a deed of daring.Lastly i don't undertand what's all this fuss about? I demonstrated my opposition.Ι think i have this right and as the sayng goes: A picture is worth a thousand words ...

I'm sorry,I don't want to be argumentative here,but I have to agree with Rania.I could never ever imagine two huge naked or semi-naked portraits of mine in the living-room in the future seen by my kids,parents,in-laws,friends(especially male friends...) almost every day.I have to agree that,at least in that case,we don't need to see the photos.

Well I for one would like to see them for myself. Did someone say it was in a magazine? If so which one?
Just as an afterthought not so long ago it was the fashion for women to wear dresses that looked more like underwear than a dress perhaps this is what she was painted in.

The magazine is Hello magazine, it has an article with Alexandra as she's publicising her new furniture design company. There are pictures of the interior of her house in LA. The picture of Alexandra in the living room she is not naked, the one in the bedroom she is but ( as they say in Australia, all the 'naughty bits' ) are covered up. You can't see anything. ( I have the magazine so have seen the photo spread, the moralistic condemning is ridiculous the pictures are fine. Somewhat ego enhancing for the subject but that's about it)

Thanks Charlotte, that is what I thought. An ego trip that´s all. Some people love to look at themselves and others avoid it. :verysad:

I was 100% sure that all the "naughty bits" would be covered...but still,who says that the other people feel comfortable when they visit her...

I certainly wasn't making any moral judgements about the photos. They were tastefully done. Heck, if I looked good naked, I'd probably do it too. But it was the fact that she's a recovering anorexic (which possibly means there are some body issues) that concerned me. That and I certainly wouldn't hang the pictures where everybody could see them or have them published in a national/international publication. They must be fairly recent because they weren't in the Vogue magazine article photos a couple of years ago about her house in LA.

I certainly wasn't making any moral judgements about the photos. They were tastefully done. Heck, if I looked good naked, I'd probably do it too. But it was the fact that she's a recovering anorexic (which possibly means there are some body issues) that concerned me. That and I certainly wouldn't hang the pictures where everybody could see them or have them published in a national/international publication. They must be fairly recent because they weren't in the Vogue magazine article photos a couple of years ago about her house in LA.

I think it's worth making the point that it wasn't just body issues but the paintings also are 'feel good vanity pictures' which considering what she had been through with her marriage falling apart she needed the boost to her ego. In the article she tells how her marriage break up was hard as for 14 years they were "Alex and Alex". ( Her former husband left her for a much younger woman, I think at the time she was in her late teens, they are currently engaged) The pictures in a way are a statement "I'm attractive" rather than dwelling on the 'what's wrong with me?" of the desserted woman whose man has gone off with another woman.

The article did mention she had somewhat of an identity crisis, having always been the "daughter of", "sister of", "wife of", "daughter-in-law of", etc. But I'm not sure how vanity pictures would help that. As an ego boost, that's understandable.

Maria Olimpia is a lot like her aunt, I hope that she will not inherit the artistic taste of her aunt

I always thought Olympia looks just like Pavlos.The shape of the face,the eyes,the chickbones,the lips.I don't know who saw a likeness with any of her aunts,I believe she doesn't even look like her mother.

I agree MO looks strikingly like her aunt Alexandra and her maternal grandmother. Very native South American.

Back
Top Bottom