The Duke and Duchess of Kent News and Events 1: October 2003- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This "news" was hardly a revelation. The rumours have been around for many decades and written abouit quite frequently in relation to Mr Canfield. Why would anyone in 2013 care about such a story?

While we're touching on the Duchess of Kent, here's a sweet photo...

The Duchess of Kent and Martina Navratilova, 2006

Photobucket link

The Duke of Kent as President of The British Racing Drivers Club attended the Silverstone Classic event on July 27, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Well if it's true, that is very good news. I find the Duchess an interesting individual and would love to read a biography about her - I don't think one currently exists.

Thank you Lenora :flowers: - I can buy a copy for less than a price of a magazine.

But yes, there is a biography of her, it has been some months since I come across it.
The Duchess of Kent: The Troubled Life of Katherine Worsley
By Mary Riddell
Here is the link:
The Duchess of Kent: The Troubled Life of Katherine Worsley: Amazon.co.uk: Mary Riddell: Books

I have owned the original edition for many years and enjoy rereading it from time to time. One of the captions for a photo in the book always stays with me, "The haunting beauty of the Duchess of Kent."

P.S. To Elly C. from Worcester, England: I was born in Worcester, Mass. People in the USA have a terrible time pronouncing Worcester, lol.

On October 15 the Duke of Kent has been in West Yorkshire to visit the Extra Care housing scheme at Woodland Court, Staincliffe, Dewsbury, to present the Queen's Award for International Trade to Millers Oils Limited, Rastrick, Brighouse, to present the Queen's Award for International Trade to the Business School at the University of Huddersfield and to present the Queen's Award for Enterprise Promotion to Professor Elizabeth Towns-Andrews. And he visited Bradford College.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** examiner.co.uk: Duke of Kent delivers Royal seal of approval to Kirklees and Calderdale **

The Duke of Kent has attended the opening gala of the Liszt Academy in Budapest, Hungary on October 22nd:

** Pic **

The Duke of Kent has been in Lancashire on November 7. He officially opened the new Research and Development building at Fort Vale Engineering Limited in Simonstone, the Burnley Fire Station in Burnley and the newly renovated manufacturing site at ACDC Lighting in Barrowford.

** burnleyexpress.net: Photo special: Duke of Kent visits Simonstone firm **

** burnleyexpress.net: Photos: Duke of Kent at Burnley Fire Station **

** burnleyexpress.net video: Duke of Kent visits Barrowford lighting firm **

** lancashiretelegraph.co.uk: East Lancs enterprise given royal seal of approval by Duke **

On February 27 the Duke of Kent visited The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards in Bad Fallingbostel, Germany.

** Pic ** gallery **

On March 27 the Duke of Kent as President of King Edward VII's Hospital officially re-opened the expanded outpatient facility at the Emmanuel Kaye House in London.

** Pic **

. On March 27 the Duke of Kent as President of King Edward VII's Hospital officially re-opened the expanded outpatient facility at the Emmanuel Kaye House in London.
** Pic **

LOL - He looks quite surprised that there is a gold plaque behind the curtain! Thanks, Iceflower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom