The Duke and Duchess of Castro and Family 2: June 2008- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That card is insulting. Both the image as well the illegal use of titles which are not theirs. Period.

I'm curious about the titles they are using that aren't theirs

Could you explain which titles they are please?

Why would they use them?

I'm curious about the titles they are using that aren't theirs

Could you explain which titles they are please?

Why would they use them?

his older daughter title
he declared her as his successor so she hold the traditional title of the heir apparent of the Kingdom of Naples which is the duchess of calabria

his older daughter title
he declared her as his successor so she hold the traditional title of the heir apparent of the Kingdom of Naples which is the duchess of calabria

Thanks

Is she precluded from being his heir because she is female?
Or is there another reason?

yes , because she is a woman and also because there is another claimant to the title of duke of calabria in the spanish branch of the bourbon two sicilies. but the duke of castro actually when he was a heir to his father he also was titled the duke of calabria

Thanks

Is she precluded from being his heir because she is female?
Or is there another reason?

Mainly the whole female heir. People contest the right if her father to change house law to allow female succession.

But then there is the whole fight over who in fact is head of the family, and who is entitled to duke if Calabria. The duke of Castros great grandfather had a number of sons. His eldest son ferdinand suceeded him and died without male heir. But Ferdinand's next brother Carlos had renounced his right to the throne when he married a Spanish infanta. The throne was claimed by the third brother, the duke of Castros grandfather. But Carlos son Alfonso claimed his father only gave up his own succession rights, and Alfonso was rightfully head of the family. Juan Carlos supports the claim of Alfonso line, but other royals including the family, recognize the Castro claim.

Last edited:
Not to go too far off topic, there is a thread about the Two-Sicilies dispute and the 2014 reconciliation between the branches, the Duke of Castro has breached the agreement and continues in the family Christmas Card. I have to agree the photo, to me, is more along the lines of a Vogue cover shoot than holiday greetings.

H.R.H. Princess Beatrice of Bourbon-Two Sicilies paid visit on 06 March to the "Casa di Tonia" in Naples. She was accompanied by Marchioness Donna Federica de Gregorio Cattaneo (of the Princes of Sant'Elia).
"Casa di Tonia" is a shelter for homeless and abandoned pregnant women and single mothers, which was opened in 2010.
Here the Princess also attended the christening of the newborn daughter of a Romanian woman hosted at the "Casa di Tonia", whom she first met when she was pregnant and whom the Princess helped to find accomodation at the "Casa di Tonia".
The Princess stood as godmother for the little child, who has been named Aurora Beatrice.

La favola di Aurora Beatrice, adottata da una principessa - CorrieredelMezzogiorno.it
https://www.vesuviolive.it/ultime-n...rbone-adotta-aurora-figlia-senzatetto-napoli/

As in previous years the Duke and Duchess of Castro attended the Rose Ball in aid of the Princess Grace Foundation in Monaco yesterday, March 18:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Mrs Castro has mistaken the theme (Wiener Secession) for an Evening in Andalucía.

In my opinion, The Duchess of Castro looks very pretty and went right along with the theme. And at least she doesn't look like a circus clown who was blown away by a tornado.

[...] and went right along with the theme. [...]

Believe me, a pink Andalucian gypsy dress could not gave been furtherer away from the theme of the ball, which was the Wiener Secession (the Viennese variant of Jugendstil around the fin-de-siècle).

The dress of Camilla Castro would fit wonderfully in a ball with as theme: Andalucian Nights.

The Duchess of Castro at the Fashion for Relief event during the 70th annual Cannes Film Festival yesterday, May 21:

** Pic **

Words fail me... Are we sure Camilla Crociani is not related to the Kardashians?

The Duke and Duchess of Castro were among the guests at the opening ceremony of the 57th Monte Carlo TV Festival yesterday, June 16:

** Pic **

Yesterday, June 20, the Duke and Duchess of Castro attended the closing ceremony of the Monte Carlo TV Festival:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The Duke and Duchess of Castro attended the commemorative ceremony marking the first anniversary of the attack in Nice on July 14:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The Duke and Duchess of Castro together with their daughters enjoyed some holiday time in St. Tropez, France. Prince Michael of Kent was with them:

** dailymail article **

The Duke and Duchess of Castro together with their daughters enjoyed some holiday time in St. Tropez, France. Prince Michael of Kent was with them:

** dailymail article **

Even for DM's abysmal standards, the factuality of the article was lower than low...

:bang:

The Duke and Duchess of Castro attended the season opening gala of the Ballet of Opera National de Paris held at the Opera Garnier in Paris yesterday, September 21:

** gettyimages gallery **

The Duke and Duchess of Castro attended the season opening gala of the Ballet of Opera National de Paris held at the Opera Garnier in Paris yesterday, September 21:

For once Camilla looked fabulous. A restrained appearence with subdued colours becomes her.

If I understood it correctly, the mother of the duchess transferred money from a fund for both sisters to her own account. This led the younger daughter to believe that their mother wanted to use it for the Duchess of Castro alone?

:previous:

The same old sibling rivalry it seems..

Yesterday, September 28, the Duke and Duchess of Castro - and her mother! - attended the inaugural 'Monte-Carlo Gala for the Global Ocean' in Monaco:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom