The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lovely simple white dress. Happy to see her in local designer :flowers:

Yes, I love it. It has a very flattering silhouette I think. And it's good that Karen Gee is Australian!

She looks very cool and elegant..and I love that trench coat!

LaRae

I wonder if the clothes her later part of the tour will be more loose and less sheath? I don't think her bump will fit in there in two weeks.

What is the stated dress code for the reception? At first, I thought both of them are too relaxed in their outfits, but then I saw everyone else. And realized they are just dressed up enough.

The white dress plus the coat are elegant and chic. Hope to see the green one in a better angle. The change of her body shape is quite obvious, especially in some angle.

The white dress plus the coat are elegant and chic. Hope to see the green one in a better angle. The change of her body shape is quite obvious, especially in some angle.
Yea. I saw one pic from the side. The way the green dress falls, it was even more obvious that something is there where it used to be flat. :lol:

What is the stated dress code for the reception? At first, I thought both of them are too relaxed in their outfits, but then I saw everyone else. And realized they are just dressed up enough.

They may even be slightly overdressed. :lol It seems to be a very relaxed reception.

I have to say I love this deep olive colour on her and her make up and hair is really nice.
I like the general shape of the dress on her, but I am not sure about the fabric and the fringe details. It somehow ages the dress and makes it look more casual than it actually is. Reminds me of housecoats my late gran used to love in her later days. :lol:

They may even be slightly overdressed. :lol: It seems to be a very relaxed reception.

I have to say I love this deep olive colour on her and her make up and hair is really nice.
I like the general shape of the dress on her, but I am not sure about the fabric and the fringe details. It somehow ages the dress and makes it look more casual than it actually is. Reminds me of housecoats my late gran used to love in her later days. :lol:

Is it fringe or pleats? I saw a close up of her hair from the side in the updo, you can definitely tell that it's been awhile she's had a Brazilian blowout.

Does anyone know who designed the green reception dress? I quite liked it though, as I'm a colour person I prefer a brighter colour. Hope it's an Australian designer.

Does anyone know who designed the green reception dress? I quite liked it though, as I'm a colour person I prefer a brighter colour. Hope it's an Australian designer.

Brandon Maxwell. This is available in red.

Thanks Jacqui. I do prefer the red, I have to say, but Meghan looks very well in the green version.

Is it fringe or pleats? I saw a close up of her hair from the side in the updo, you can definitely tell that it's been awhile she's had a Brazilian blowout.

Oh definitely pleats - have been up for almost 22hrs and my brain is protesting.

Just had a look at the dress and I would have definitely preferred it in its original shade -red. I think Meghan would have look smashing in it too - I reckon it was too eye catching for her taste, but I do hope she got it in red too. I think it would look lovely and the red definitely negates the housecoat look.

pic 1
pic 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the Brandon Maxwell dress comes in red, I wish Meghan would have chosen red. It's not a color she hasn't worn ever before, and she looks good in it. But now that she's married, she sticks with so much black, navy and other shades of blue, and sometimes variant shades of green. Her lightest colors have been cream, white, pink, beige, and the lovely yellow pop of color in the summertime dress by Brandon Maxwell.

Prior to her marriage, Meghan has also worn dark plum -- the dress under the tan coat at Sandringham for Christmas 2017, and burgundy (reportedly a Windsor Christmas staff party dress, and the lovely outfit she wore at the Invictus games in Toronto with a leather biker jacket over her shoulders in the same hue). Sometimes I miss that edgy 'leather biker jacket' Meghan. During her courtship, she also wore a very pretty rose and white flower print dress in Austin, Texas at the Suits 100th episode reading in June 2017. And there was a glimpse of Meghan once in Toronto during her courtship exiting a vehicle wearing a red flower print Erdem, with tan Sarah Flint flats. Soon after she first met Prince Harry in July 2016, Meghan wore a gorgeous red dress for an interview on the Today Show, accompanied by her Suits co-star, Sarah Rafferty.

Now, Meghan seems to be overly cautious and careful, and often safe, understated and conservative with her choices as she navigates her new life as a Duchess in her new country. Of course it is understandable as she is trying to fit in as she settles in, while also attempting to find ways to meld who she is into her new role. It's also likely true as someone mentioned, that Meghan doesn't want to invest in a whole new wardrobe since they obviously had plans to try for a baby shortly after their marriage.

On this tour, I am rooting for some red. Why not? She doesn't have to worry on tour about conflicting with other royal ladies' color palettes.

Last edited:

Once again posts that discussed the pregnancy and the "bump" only have been removed as off-topic. The same applies to the rekindled fans and haters discussion.

Afraid not, it's an American designer

Love the white dress and trench combo, the green dress is a horrid fit and material which is a shame.

The white dress is very elegant on Meghan and fit her perfectly but the green no so much.

I really like the green dress a lot. I really like the sort of hint of a cap sleeve on Meghan, and I think a shirt dress style suits her well, too. There’s a lively crispness to the dress. And deep olive is one of my favorite clothing colors, so it’s always going to please me. I much prefer it to the original red.

The white dress doesn’t do as much for me, but it’s fine.

It must have been nightmarish planning the wardrobe for this tour. I mean she's pregnant but whose to know if shes going to carry high or low, not show much or pop out immediately.

No wonder she's happy to have Jessica around.

Very elegant green dress and the cape effect is delicious ! Full marks for me !

It must have been nightmarish planning the wardrobe for this tour. I mean she's pregnant but whose to know if shes going to carry high or low, not show much or pop out immediately.

No wonder she's happy to have Jessica around.

Makes me wonder what kind of silhouette planned for the rest of the trip. That sheath looks like it’s on the edge of not fitting. Will they have to make adjustments to her clothes on this trip? It’ll be so exciting to watch.

At first glance, I didn't like the green dress, but it's growing on me, VERY SLOWLY. I think this kind of design on dresses look better in brighter colours, hence why the red is so eye catching, but I can't imagine the DoS in the red version of this, as I think SHE would feel overwhelmed in it. I know that she has worn red in the past, but that was a simple fit and flare dress with no pleats or caps. If it wasn't going to be the day white dress, then it was going to be this dress that showcased that she is pregnant.

Back
Top Bottom