The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29, 2011-January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you're not alone. I think it would be a bit of a rush, too; after all, they're only married six months and Kate has a lot to acclimate herself to with royal life and marriage, let alone motherhood. Even though the main purpose of this particular royal marriage is to produce an heir, it would probably be a good idea to have this occur after the Jubilee, IMO; but when things happen, they happen, and it doesn't always go according to the best-laid plans. We just have to wait and see.

Just musing here but wouldn't it be something should the couple have a baby girl around the time of the Queen's diamond jubilee? I'd be willing to bet that they'd name the daughter Elizabeth also after her great grandmother. A future Queen Elizabeth III?

The only thing we know for sure is that eventually they will have children.

I would think she would want to be a big part of the Olympics. It's a once in a lifetime event. Pregnancy right now would get in the way. It can wait a little bit.

In Kate's situation, I'd want to have a baby right away, to avoid all that speculation: Is she, or Isn't she?

The longer they wait, the more pressure they'll be under, and all the stress might make conception difficult. The sooner the better, imo. And then everyone can relax.

I would think she would want to be a big part of the Olympics. It's a once in a lifetime event. Pregnancy right now would get in the way. It can wait a little bit.

The royal family will have very little part in the actual games besides having the privilege to have whatever seats they like to whatever sports. It will be HM who opens and takes part in the closing ceremonys. So Catherine could be pregnant and quite easily watch what she wants IMO.

I'm probably alone in thinking this, but I hope she isn't pregnant. A relationship changes when you go from being boyfriend/girlfriend to being husband/wife, and it must be even harder when the entire world is watching.

I hope they take their time starting a family. But, if the have chosen to start a family now, I wish them the best of luck and hope everything goes well.

No, you're not alone. I think it would be a bit of a rush, too; after all, they're only married six months and Kate has a lot to acclimate herself to with royal life and marriage, let alone motherhood. Even though the main purpose of this particular royal marriage is to produce an heir, it would probably be a good idea to have this occur after the Jubilee, IMO; but when things happen, they happen, and it doesn't always go according to the best-laid plans. We just have to wait and see.

But William and Catherine had been dating for quite a while before getting engaged. I think that they got married knowing that they were ready to start building a family.

Also, it's not that unusual for royal couples to start having children right away. Charles was born within the first year of Princess Elizabeth's marriage, and William was born during the first year of Charles and Diana's marriage. I recall from a biography of Princess Grace that she was already pregnant with Caroline by the time she returned from her honeymoon.

Now, on a different topic, I am wondering about the timing of this from a different perspective. It was reported that Catherine told one of the aid workers that she plans to go to Kenya soon. William is scheduled to compete in a marathon in Kenya next June, making it a good opportunity. However, I did the math. Assuming that Catherine is 2 months into pregnancy (early enough that she'd know, but too early to announce it publicly), she would be due in early June, which would rule out the Kenya trip.

But until the palace confirms anything (or issues a denial), I guess we'll just have to sit back, cross our fingers and wait.

Well, looks like no baby until after the Jubilee.

Royal baby not until 2013 - People.co.uk

Catherine has been attending the Royal Opera with Prince Charles. So nice to see them bond over cultural things.

Kate Middleton and Prince Charles pay visits to the opera together - Telegraph

The Duchess of Cambridge makes secret visits to the opera with the Prince of Wales
The Duchess of Cambridge has been bonding with her father-in-law on private visits to the Royal Opera House.

Spending time alone with her father-in-law is not usually a top priority for a newly married woman, but the Duchess of Cambridge is enthusiastically taking to the role of “daughter” to the Prince of Wales. Mandrake can disclose that Kate has made a series of visits to the Royal Opera House with her father-in-law. Prince Charles, a lifelong opera and ballet devotee, is understood to be encouraging her interests in the art forms, with a view to her supporting Covent Garden in an official capacity. “The Duchess of Cambridge and the Prince of Wales have made several private visits to the Royal Opera House together, before and since the royal wedding, to watch opera and ballet productions,” says my man in the tuxedo. “Both have been very enthusiastic about the productions they have seen together.”

The visits reflect the strengthening bond between the pair. Last month, Charles called upon his “darling daughter-in-law” to step in for him at the last minute for a charity dinner at Clarence House in her first solo engagement.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^I suppose it is a practical idea to delay baby plans till after the Jubilee not to detract from the celebrations, to get the KP premises in order and to enjoy married life just a bit longer until children come.

So "knowing looks," refusal to eat peanut paste and body language experts aside, it seems like the Occam's Razor principle prevails again. Unless, of course, the article is wrong...... ;)

Last edited:
Royal baby news for the duke and duchess of cambridge will come from the palace with their permission but otherwise we'll just have to wait:/

Yes, the official announcement will originate from BP as it always has when it comes to this type of news. Anything else is just pure speculation.

Last edited:
Daria_S
user_online.gif

Royal Highness
pip.gif
pip.gif
pip.gif
pip.gif
pip.gif
pip.gif
pip.gif
pip.gif
pip.gif
pip.gif

Well, looks like no baby until after the Jubilee.

Royal baby not until 2013 - People.co.uk

Catherine has been attending the Royal Opera with Prince Charles. So nice to see them bond over cultural things.

Oh well, 'accidents' do happen! Here's hoping :flowers:

People.co.uk had a story back in July that Kate was pregnant because she apparently didn't drink alcohol at Zara's & Mike's wedding.

I think we have to just wait & see. Look at Peter & Autumn, their second child is due in March and it wasn't announced until October -it isn't the future monarch unlike the future Cambridge baby. William & Kate can keep a secret as we learned with the royal wedding.

I think at the end of the day they will get pregnant whenever they can, Jubilee or no Jubilee.Sometimes you get pregnant when you don't expect to ,schedules can be changed and trips abroad postponed.

mia_lanes said:
I can't view this. Do I need a special program?

No. I was able to view it. Unless there's a geographical boundary restriction.

Oh I guess it's just in the US only.

^^^^Just saw the video; very nice and thank you for the link, 4Pam.

Last edited:
I think at the end of the day they will get pregnant whenever they can, Jubilee or no Jubilee.Sometimes you get pregnant when you don't expect to ,schedules can be changed and trips abroad postponed.
Jubilee, Olympics whatever....it's not like she'll be participating in the weight lifting or gymnastics...she'll be sitting in a chair looking lovely. What matter whether that is at home or sitting in a stadium or at whatever venue?

Jubilee, Olympics whatever....it's not like she'll be participating in the weight lifting or gymnastics...she'll be sitting in a chair looking lovely. What matter whether that is at home or sitting in a stadium or at whatever venue?

Don't forget that they'll be doing some traveling on behalf of the Queen next year (to Australia/NZ and Caribbean at least, I think?). I'm sure they wouldn't want to travel while Catherine is pregenant, especially in the latter stages of the pregnancy.

I think they're being very smart about putting off kids for a couple of years or so.

Will and Kate have proven that they do things their own way, and probably will continue to do so.

Last edited:
Will and Kate have proven that they'll do things their own way, and probably will continue to do so.

That is definitely the truth. They don't wait for anyone to dictate to them how to live their lives, but take the lead and initiative. I'm glad to see it, because as they get more and more into their roles, leadership will become more paramount. As for getting pregnant, it'll happen when it's meant to. These things can be planned, but only to a certain extent.

Will and Kate have proven that they do things their own way, and probably will continue to do so.

Exactly! That's probably why I really like them--they seem to know how to mix traditions with doing things their own way. :flowers:

what is milk pudding? is that reg.pudding since its made with milk
maybe she dosnet like peanutbutter or maybe

That was my guess. I figured that Catherine just did not like peanut butter/peanuts. Just because she is a royal now does not mean she is forced to eat things she dislikes (if that is the case).

The media needs to give the girl a break. Geeze.

Well, I'm certainly glad the duly named "Princess Kate" op inspired the Afghans to victory. I'd hate to think how much the tabloids would have had a field day blaming the Duchess if they lost! ;)

Well, I'm certainly glad the duly named "Princess Kate" op inspired the Afghans to victory. I'd hate to think how much the tabloids would have had a field day blaming the Duchess if they lost! ;)

They'd have a field day all right. I can picture the headlines already.

stv.com (a Scottish website) is reporting that Mike, Carole & Pippa were up at Balmoral with Will & Kate - telling the family about the new baby perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom