The Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1: 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine held a reception this evening for those involved in the "Hold Still" project.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUIodMKNVNE/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Thank you to the brilliant partners who made Hold Still a reality! ��

It took a long time to bring everyone behind this incredible project together in person but tonight we finally managed it. The idea for #HoldStill2020 came right at the start of the pandemic, and aimed to bring people and communities together, using the amazing power of photography.

It is a pity there are no good photo's of Catherine to show what she is wearing on this night of the Hold Still Project. From what I can see she looks lovely.

I am glad that there aren't good photos of what she is wearing. That means that any discussion has to be about the cause and not the clothes, which to me is the important thing.

I am glad that there aren't good photos of what she is wearing. That means that any discussion has to be about the cause and not the clothes, which to me is the important thing.

Well said. Often the cause being supported can be overshadowed with apparel or jewellery!

Last edited:
Seems like a really fun engagement for her to day and she looked great in her tennis outfit.

I'm glad she met all of them and not just Emma and it involved the LTA Youth Programme.

A nice, sporty event for the Duchess of Cambridge today, September 24:

"The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of the LTA, is joining a homecoming celebration for GB’s US Open Champions, hosted by the LTA Youth programme, at the National Tennis Centre today":

** gettyimages gallery 1 ** gettyimages gallery 2 ** twitter video post ** twitter video post **

** dm article: Doubles with the Duchess! Sporty Kate Middleton dons..** rex gallery **

Very good of the Duchess to involve herself in this!

I know this may sound shallow, but within the two weeks of her return, we has seen military engagement, outdoor/in nature activities, reception, sport, and glam on weekend. Now if only there's tiara event then it's back to "normal" royal watching again!!!

I know this may sound shallow, but within the two weeks of her return, we has seen military engagement, outdoor/in nature activities, reception, sport, and glam on weekend. Now if only there's tiara event then it's back to "normal" royal watching again!!!

You've just expressed a thought I've had. White tie events with tiaras seem to be getting less frequent as time goes by. Oh for the days when people would "dress to the nines" for an evening out and even dinner parties. Having the feeling of being elegant does a body good, but, I guess like anything else, it can get to be old hat if done too often.

Catherine is back in full swing again and no matter what she involves herself in, she does an excellent job of it.

Seems like a really fun engagement for her to day and she looked great in her tennis outfit.

I'm glad she met all of them and not just Emma and it involved the LTA Youth Programme.

Yeah. I imagine she had a great time playing tennis and interacting with the players.

Her tennis outfit looked really good in her.

A nice, sporty event for the Duchess of Cambridge today, September 24:

"The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of the LTA, is joining a homecoming celebration for GB’s US Open Champions, hosted by the LTA Youth programme, at the National Tennis Centre today":

** gettyimages gallery 1 ** gettyimages gallery 2 ** twitter video post ** twitter video post **

** dm article: Doubles with the Duchess! Sporty Kate Middleton dons..** rex gallery **

I love these pictures! The participants all seem to be having a great time and enjoying each other’s company. I like how Kate is always willing to give things a try, and never seems to be self conscious or awkward. She’s good natured and cheerful whether she’s playing tennis with world class players or playing silly games with a group of little kids

I imagine, though, that this must have been an especially enjoyable engagement for her, knowing her love of tennis.

Last edited:
Gorgeous collection of Faberge!
Hope it stays around a while so I get to see it in June.

The Faberge exhibit looks amazing!

IMO it's worth clicking on the DM article to see close up photos of the Fabrege eggs on display at the V&A. :flowers:
What a treat for museum visitors to view these incredible artifacts.

306px-Coat_of_arms_of_Catherine%2C_Princess_of_Wales.svg.png

Arms of The Princess of Wales

Welcome to thread The Princess of Wales Charities and Patronages, Part 2

Commencing September 1st, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Moderators-Please feel free to move this article if it's better suited elsewhere.

With Catherine's 40th birthday approaching there will likely be articles written about this milestone. Here's one from the DM's Rebecca English.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-friends-ex-aides-account-royals-journey.html

As she prepares to turn 40 next weekend, the Duchess of Cambridge knows that by her next landmark birthday, she'll have become the Princess of Wales — a title that's lain dormant since the death of Diana, the mother-in-law she never met.
As with everything associated with the Royal Family, her apprenticeship as future queen has been slow. Too slow, say some. But, astutely alert to the royals' unflustered ways, Kate has refused to be rushed.
Of course, one of our monarchy's immutable strengths is its repudiation of the modern fad to bend to prevailing fashion.
Significantly, too, Kate has brought another unswerving value to the Royal Family: the Middletons' way of doing things. Steadfast and unflashy.

Two corrections I'd make to English's article.

1. By the next milestone birthday, she *most likely* will be The Princess of Wales. It's not a given that William will be created The Prince of Wales by his father but I would say it is 99.5% likely.

2. The Princess of Wales title isn't lying dormant. Camilla actually holds that title but chooses not to use it.

Two corrections I'd make to English's article.

1. By the next milestone birthday, she *most likely* will be The Princess of Wales. It's not a given that William will be created The Prince of Wales by his father but I would say it is 99.5% likely.

2. The Princess of Wales title isn't lying dormant. Camilla actually holds that title but chooses not to use it.

Thank you for flagging!

There are rumors that Catherine might take over Andrew's role as Colonel of the Grenadier Guards; see for example Hello. This rumor seems to be based on an unofficial poll among some Grenadier Guards which indicated a preference for the Duchess of Cambridge.

The Duchess of Cambridge.

Her Royal Highness this afternoon held a Meeting with Miss Jennifer Urquhart (Chairman, Johnstons of Elgin) via telephone.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, this afternoon held a Meeting with Dr Edward Morris (President) and Ms Kate Lancaster (Chief Executive) via telephone.

- Court Circular || 25 January 2022

I'm glad it's official. Just in time for the Six Nations! That should be fun if she goes to any games, especially if she William and Anne get into a friendly public competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom