Stephanie's Music

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm glad you like it, Ianna :) These bracelets seem to come back regularly..:) By the way, wonderful new avator you have, beautiful mother and daughter..

Last edited:
Steph getting a price for her music back in the 80s:

1zgsxh3.jpg

(Laif)

iceflower said:
Steph live on stage in 1986:

(PdV)
She was amazing.Thanks Iceflower.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I recall her visiting Buenos Aires and singing in the tv shows...!

You are welcome, Beatrice and these must be nice memories, saphills :)

Steph performing in a French television show - her trousers look like she had renovated and painted her flat earlier that day, don't they?! :p

23h4sau.jpg
23h4y28.jpg

(HOLA)

Maybe Steph's voice has improved and gotten to be really good after more training, but guys, come on, let's be real. If she was not a princess, no one in the 80s would have paid attention to her so-called "music" back then. Those songs just weren't very good. Her voice just was not very good back then. Sorry. I like Stephanie a lot, but my liking her does not blind me to the reality of her talents. As a singer, she is just ok. I don't hear the "amazing"-ness that all of you hear in her voice.

In those pics posted by iceflower, the one with Stephanie in a pink blazer, i had to look twice as i thought it was a man at first! Not trying to be rude here, but her build looked like a mans build, not to mention the hair.

I have just had a chance to listen to Ouragan first time and it was really good.:flowers:
Thanks for posting video links with Steph's music.

Last edited:
Actually, I don't like this kind of music. But I' bought a CD of her two years ago. (don't know the title, with irresistible, flash, fleur du mal, dance with me . . . )
To tell the truth . . . I know every song by heart! Just because I like Stephanie. Thats stupid:bang:

CasiraghiTrio said:
Maybe Steph's voice has improved and gotten to be really good after more training, but guys, come on, let's be real. If she was not a princess, no one in the 80s would have paid attention to her so-called "music" back then. Those songs just weren't very good. Her voice just was not very good back then. Sorry. I like Stephanie a lot, but my liking her does not blind me to the reality of her talents. As a singer, she is just ok. I don't hear the "amazing"-ness that all of you hear in her voice.

True. And the back-up vocals and musical arrangement were really designed to camouflage her thin voice. She sold the records that she did because people were interested in her being a princess.

Stephanie however was honest enough to admit to her vocal shortcomings in the book "Rainier and Grace" by Jeffrey Robinson. She admitted to being surprised herself of being able to record an album with her voice.

Her songs were catchy, feel-good little tunes, very like the pop songs of the Eighties. I found her voice to be pleasant, if a little weak. I enjoy the French versions more than the English versions.

Her songs were catchy, feel-good little tunes, very like the pop songs of the Eighties. I found her voice to be pleasant, if a little weak. I enjoy the French versions more than the English versions.
The french language is more delicate and flimsy than English and therefore it is in line with Stephanie's voice. I also like the french versions more than the english ones.
I love the songs "fleur du mal" and "besoin" because they are a bit different. The other songs are typical 80ies pop song and I don't like the stuff from the 80ies. . .

And the back-up vocals and musical arrangement were really designed to camouflage her thin voice.

I think unfortunately for her eighties music, her voice was rather overrun; that's a good point you make about the back-up and the arrangement. As I said awhile ago, I think her voice (then) was too weak to hold its own. Maybe nowadays is different. With the right training and practice, I can see her eighties voice become quite good.

Besoin is a great song, I actually think it's more of like a poem.
That's why I love the song. It is not so kitschy and more individual. And it's no lovesong. I don't like lovesongs. . . I should like "dance with me":)
And I know that it is the only song which she has written by herself. Because I only found her name under the title "besoin". But maybe there is a song from another CD which she has written by herself. . .

Great pics ! Im impressed.

Coco -
"Live Your Life" too ?
Found heir name on "Rendez-Vous" Album track list below the title.

I like "How can it be" very much...
Don´t need to mention that "words upon the wind", which was dedicated to her mother, is the favourite (local release-date and text fit to a sad private dairy entry)

For her career her voice maybe was too soft and too child-like in the beginning, the power came a little bit to late. The mainstream was getting more powerfull.
I remember school coleagues saying - "Steph cannot sing"
And of course - the princess status was an advantage. No Jane-Do will easily be supported by a producer in L.A.
But still these days she has a few fans worldwide (me too) :)
And IMHO a comeback maybe possbile now because the main stream has turned to softer songs and voices ( I do not remember the name of the german girls favourite male singer I heared a few days ago in the radio - a soft and bad scrathing voice ... was it Bushido ? .... that one really cannot sing .... )

Last edited by a moderator:

Quite right - unfortunately there was nothing she was really excellent in

"Words Upon The Wind" will always be my favorite Song of hers .

Good to have still someone out here on this old threads -
So my question to you - does anyone have the script / written text of Stephs interview with Elvis Duran (name sounds like I have written) - I listened for hours but my English is too bad to understand everthing what she _whispered_ , yes _whispered_, think she was a little bit nervous... but soo lovely - cannot find it here (... if please show me the link )
so I miss some punch lines.
Interview on Promo CD, Sony Music (red cover, and red disc, 3 songs: winds of chance,you dont die from love - ... (oh I might somedays) ...., born blue)
I may upload if someone likes to write down txt

IMHO: for some songs her voice fits very well like in "How can it be", others impress by lyrics (irresistible could be performed in a better way, but its catchy)

Last edited:
Good to have still someone out here on this old threads -
So my question to you - does anyone have the script / written text of Stephs interview with Elvis Duran (name sounds like I have written) - I listened for hours but my English is too bad to understand everthing what she _whispered_ , yes _whispered_, think she was a little bit nervous... but soo lovely - cannot find it here (... if please show me the link )
so I miss some punch lines.
Interview on Promo CD, Sony Music (red cover, and red disc, 3 songs: winds of chance,you dont die from love - ... (oh I might somedays) ...., born blue)
I may upload if someone likes to write down txt

IMHO: for some songs her voice fits very well like in "How can it be", others impress by lyrics (irresistible could be performed in a better way, but its catchy)

I would love to listen to that interview, words .... Could you upload it somewhere? :)

Michelle, I have done this by PM - otherwise its not allowed :cool:- hope that works :)
Maybe the text can be posted in official way / forum, here ?

Serge Gainsbourg - Laisse Tomber Les Filles

Wikipedia: Laisse Tomber Les Filles" is a French song composed by Serge Gainsbourg and performed by France Gall in 1964.
And - I found on the web that this song was performed by
Amina, Sofia Essaïdi, Elodie Frégé, Marjorie, Morganne Matis & Stéphanie
in 2003.
Does anyone know something more about this ?

Gotha that Steph:
So - No, no - was another, non royal, Steph - Stéphanie Dalmasso ...
But there are some discographies around, where "our" Steph is linked to that album .... what a funny web-world

Rendez-vous - Lyrics

Hello everybody, I like this place where I can find alot of information
about Stephanie's musical career.
For years I've been looking for her song lyrics.
I need the lyrics of "Rendez-vous" in French of course.
Maybe someone of you could help me to find them.
Thanks for your help and your time.

I'm glad I found some links here, because I would have had to dig in storage for the cassette I bought back in the 80's! "Fleur du Mal" was one of my favourites. A true pop princess. Too bad because of the real royal connection, it lent itself to a "vanity" project, because it was good stuff.
The 80's were such a hopeful, innocent time... sigh!
:star:

Back
Top Bottom