"Spare" memoir by the Duke of Sussex (2023)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people give the impression they’d be the same no matter what happened in their life. Harry to me seems the opposite, in that even one or two things being slightly different in his life could have led to a very different person.

Like not meeting Meghan? (Asked genuinely, not sarcastically.)

Thanks so much to those of you who watched and did all the work to give the rest of us summaries. It sounds like he both dug in deeper and also contradicted himself about things he and Meghan have said before. It is mind boggling and I keep waiting for someone to say “April Fool’s” :ohmy::wacko:

Someone’s earlier comment (sorry can’t find it) about him coming across like Andrew caught my attention and I agree - that is what made me uncomfortable . The entitlement and arrogance- Harry just doesn’t see anything that doesn’t fit with his “truth.” :whistling:

I appreciate your cat taking a stand about all of this on your cable box - very intuitive cat :?

I think Haz came across way better than PA did in his interviews.

You can leave toxic situations without trashing your family with lies and half truth! I hope he finds peace and joy because it is obvious that he lacks both of these in his life!

They are telling their truth. They both seem to think there can be no reconciliation without truth. I don’t think he will ever go back into the fold. He’s been liberated and has no interest in going back.

Without Meghan, I think he’d still be part of the Firm. Meghan introduced him to another way to live and once his awareness of the world changed, he could not go back. There’s a saying that once you become a pickle, you can’t go back to being a cucumber.

Harry is free from all the drama and I think he’s happy with the life he now has.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can leave toxic situations without trashing your family with lies and half truth! I hope he finds peace and joy because it is obvious that he lacks both of these in his life!

He will not find these.

Harry has a wife he claims he loves, what we believe to be two healthy children, a huge and beautiful mansion, more money than most of us can dream of meaning he never needs to work again if he chooses not to yet he is clearly miserable. If all the blessings and privileges of his life now don't bring him anything and they don't appear to, he is in for a bleak future.

Last edited:

Yes, to be honest. Or at least have had her approach things differently where Harry was encouraged to use his struggles within the royal family in a more positive manner instead of trying to tear the institution down altogether.

The two of them could have championed causes of mental health, grief, women's issues and the military in their official positions where the platform they were given really could have positively impacted the lives of so many.

Instead they chose to indulge in useless arguments about the royal pecking order, which was never going to change in their favor, and how mean everyone was to them. It's hard to see them as people who claim to want to help others, when their primary focus always seems to be about their own happiness first.

Without Meghan, I think he’d still be part of the Firm. Meghan introduced him to another way to live and once his awareness of the world changed, he could not go back. There’s a saying that once you become a pickle, you can’t go back to being a cucumber.

Harry is free from all the drama and I think he’s happy with the life he now has.

He doesn't come across as being happy. Very very far from it.

Last edited by a moderator:

How would you say he's free from all the drama when the last 72 hours and ongoing have been about nothing but him causing drama? Something that genuinely happy people tend not to bother with.

How would you say he's free from all the drama when the last 72 hours and ongoing have been about nothing but him causing drama? Something that genuinely happy people tend not to bother with.

Healthy people stand up for themselves. There’s still drama but at least Meghan isn’t there to make it easier to abuse her. And it feels like his whole family is safer stateside.

Healthy people stand up for themselves. There’s still drama but at least Meghan isn’t there to make it easier to abuse her. And it feels like his whole family is safer stateside.

I appreciate that you are a fan but do you honestly feel that if Harry wasn't getting millions of dollars that he would be doing this? This isn't a sign of being healthy. This is a very wealthy man who wants more. He wants more money, he more prestige (he's jealous of William), and he wants revenge for perceived slights. None of this seems healthy to me.

Not even so much not meeting Meghan specifically, but more like if he’d been the one to meet his future wife at 19 or 20, and she was a stable, mature person from a close, loving family. I tend to think it was a huge piece of good luck for William that he became close to the Middletons when he was still young enough to learn and change by watching how they related to each other.

Harry met Meghan when he was into his 30s and I think by that time his path was set.

Not even so much not meeting Meghan specifically, but more like if he’d been the one to meet his future wife at 19 or 20, and she was a stable, mature person from a close, loving family. I tend to think it was a huge piece of good luck for William that he became close to the Middletons when he was still young enough to learn and change by watching how they related to each other.

Harry met Meghan when he was into his 30s and I think by that time his path was set.

I think it’s a really excellent point that it was a piece of good luck that William had that in his life at a very young age. However, I think some of that is also what he was looking for vs. what Harry was looking for at the same age. I will be interested to see if anything about that is included in the memoir, but so far, Harry indicates that he was lost in a way that defied attempts to help him. He might have met many stable, loving and mature people at a young age and lost them when they couldn’t make a difference and gave up trying.

I remember Harry from before he was born. He was always managed, there was always a whiff of that he was a problem. And just look at his antics, and girlfriends. William and Catherine gave him so much cover and love, that is what has come out of his three years of rant and rage. Everyone realizes that they have been doing their best to cover for him. I remember when William said he was fragile when he was leaving ,
In a year of war in Ukrainian and the fallout the British are suffering, he puts out a book of petty slights? Megan was his exit strategy, complete with trashing his father brother and their wives, not to mention his country. Anderson coopers program had only one question from what I noticed. The rest was harry talking. Why wasn’t the subject racism, the original subject of the first interview? I have written to 60 minutes at my total displeasure of no hard hitting questions, the foundation of the news program, now devolved into another “infotainment “.

Last edited:
Is Anderson Cooper doing a good job or is it a wash out?

He doesn't come across as being happy. Very very far from it.

Free from drama? How about not writing a book where you reveal private conversations without peoples’ permission? Or not appearing on top USA tv shows talking about such conversations? Is is all about revenge and the money. He wants the money more than anything else. It is the MONEY

They are telling their truth. They both seem to think there can be no reconciliation without truth. I don’t think he will ever go back into the fold. He’s been liberated and has no interest in going back.

Their truth seems to be a very fluid thing.

My takeaway from the Anderson Cooper interview.

Two things stood out to me: 1) Harry saying that he is sharing none of this to hurt his family. HUH?? Secondly, he states that he only started seeing a therapist seven years ago and it was that therapist who used the psychedelic drugs on him to get him to see the truth. That was bad on so many levels. First, has it not been stated more than once that Harry had been in therapy for years, different stories at different times, but my impression was that it was Charles, or William or . . . . that got him professional help years ago. And what licenced and reputable therapist uses psychedelic drugs for therapy? Or perhaps that is a normal thing to do?

I am hoping to be able to also watch the ITV interview on line at some point as well.

Absolutely and yes I agree that while Prince Harry indicated he is happy, content and at peace, his actions and statements over the past 3 years simply do not match that description. :sad:

Use of psychedelic drugs for therapeutic purposes is not new. Johns Hopkins, which is extremely reputable as a medical research university, has been running studies for years and have a research lab devoted to it. Additionally, the U.S. has licensed clinics for ketamine use for severe depression. So it’s not unheard of. That being said, it’s only quasi legal in most places and there’s not a consensus opinion on medical benefit.

I don’t find the admission that Prince Harry used psychedelics in a therapeutic setting all that unusual. I do think given his other admitted substance abuse, it might not be the best choice for him personally.

Source:

https://hopkinspsychedelic.org/

Thank you HRHHermione, I was hoping that someone would comment on this practice.

The interviewer is between being astonished to Harry's beliefs and helpless how to treat with such an obviously ill driven character.
And Harry considers himself of course the only " normal" one in the RF.
Saying "silence makes the abuser free to abuse" lets us all know how this will go on.

Nothing left to say, but God save the King.

And us? Well, people will be surprised by everything I say;People have told me how I could ever forgive my family; this is surprising isn't it?
NO Harry it's not, as you could easily find out IF you took a look around and IF you did not only share Meghan, MIL and other yogis and YES man around you.
Harry seems to be trained to sit back, open his palms and instantly telling himself " I am healthy, never guilty and William needs therapy" -well, good luck Harry, as Meghan will be an absolutely nothing without your limelight, let's hope she stays with you and keep your selfchosen agenda up.

Last edited:
I am impressed that AC asked Harry why he and Meghan have not renounced their Royal titles.

Harry's reply "And what good would that do?" sounded just a tiny bit peevish, imo.

The obvious answer is that it would drive home the point the couple have been making for the last few years about being done with "the institution."

Because honestly at this point using Duke and Duchess of Sussex is beyond hypocrisy.:ermm:

Mine is that this was made public. It was an thoroughly unnecessary swipe towards a family member who is long dead. It was unkind. No one was dying to know this information either.

But I have strong feelings about private family matters being made public to begin with. Hence one of the reasons my opinion of Harry and Meghan has nosedived in the last 3 plus years. They never shut up.

You've just summed up my attitude too.
First, family issues are dealt with within the family. Period.
Second, I always had a soft spot for Harry. And when Meghan came along, I was thrilled. But boy did my opinion also nosedive when Megxit started happening.

Free from drama? How about not writing a book where you reveal private conversations without peoples’ permission? Or not appearing on top USA tv shows talking about such conversations?

Imagine if someone from BRF published a single sentence made by H or M in a private conversation.
Within hours a lawsuit would be filed by H&M team, not to mention the backlash campaign.

But he is not free of the drama, he is actually causing more.

People would be happy for them to have a settled life with their little family. They are the ones that keep the drama going.

Harry and Meghan takes no responsibility for anything, it is always the fault of others. Have you also noticed that people seem to apologise to them.

During Oprah Meghan said that Kate had apologised to her and sent her flowers. The King had apologised to Harry on the day of the Queens death.

Now the day of the Queens death is all about him, they family were horrible to him.
I do not know why he did not fly with the rest of the family that day, but if I remember correctly the plane sat on the tarmac for 1 hour before take off which would suggest they were waiting for something/ someone.

He is a troubled young man.

I have only really one thing to say to Harry (if we scale away all the nasty things i am also tempted to say) : ”If there is EVER going to be healed family relationships for you - the ball is still at your side. Because this fu***ng mudslinging needs to stop immediately if healing will ever be possible ! Healing always works 2 ways…….. No one wants to sit down in privacy with someone, or even negotiate at all, with a constant threat of having every single word you say ending up in a book, in a podcast, in a Netflix documentary, on itv or at CNN…… If you ever wants to have a family-talk in peace with only your father and brother in the room again, you must also learn the true meaning behind the 4 words ”keep your mouth shut”… Because that is the key to a hell of a lot of trust…. Not this way

I'm pretty sure that HMQ was not the target of Harry's accusations.

My understanding is that he accused Charles, William and Camilla of planting stories.

You can't accuse Charles or William without hurting HMQ.

IMO this isn’t healthy behaviour by a person being genuinely assertive or standing up for themselves. It’s neither constructive or helpful and completely devoid of any kindness or empathy. It’s poorly advised, driven by money and seeks vengeance for perceived wrongdoing. And ultimately, it’s destructive. Both to himself and the people who love him most and have tried to help him.

Unfortunately I doubt if they’re safe anywhere after his comments about Afghanistan. He’s also jeopardised the safety of anyone associated with him, his family, the services, people involved in the Invictus Games and the entire population of the United Kingdom. Again, not healthy or considerate behaviour.

Last edited:
You know what is a question I would love to see an interviewer ask but no one has? If Harry loved the military so much and it was so life-changing, why did he choose to leave?

The answers are in the public domain already, but I'd be interested to hear Harry's answer.

I deal with a lot of ex military people who have transferred their skills to civvie life. If you are shrewd enough, you can gain the qualifications, then smoothly transition. I suppose harry would say no one pointed it out or it wouldn’t be allowed.

My thoughts on the interviews, basically he is having the biggest toddler tantrum of all time. “They won’t speak to me! So I have gone public” Obviously no acknowledgement that maybe they are exasperated at what he is saying, like he is fixated with the press, and talking to him would be going round in circles.

Honestly, I hope Meghan doesn’t write a book. I really hope they settle back, enjoy their children and family life. And maybe, he should change therapist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom