Sheikha Latifa Al Maktoum (''The Missing Princess'') 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody what you think what i mean by amazing story?
let's see maybe i am enjoying this drama whatever the thrut is? right?

all i al saying is the whole story is odd in amazing way if her life is controled and reported to her family i think it's weird an ex spy would be allowed to her life whatever the reasons are plus in this part of the world and because of the traditions hard to see her familiar with a man outside the family..

I could not believe that you would think it was amazing, so I figured it was probably a language issue but it seems that you question the story itself.

As I explained before. She was a sky diver and was in touch with the Finnish female sky diver instructor. She most likely asked her to arrange things for her. I don't think she met this Frenchman until they got on his ship. The fact that she enlisted the help of several trusted people to flee her country suggests that for her her life was unbearable (she already acknowledged in her video that people who don't live that kind of restrictive life might not understand). Whether she would have been disappointed by a free less wealthy life we don't know as she was captured, so wasn't able to experience that free life.

The Dubai family is free to explain that Latifa is fine and proof so by letting her live her life according to the sheika's wishes (including travelling abroad) but so far they don't, so little reason to doubt her story. And as nobody has heard from jer she is probably locked away in prison again (and/or drugged as her friends fear).

Well ... Who/what country is going to demand answers from the Dubai royals about family affairs? No one. Sheikh Mohammed, Princess Haya, and other members of the family will be welcomed at the Epsom Derby or the Ascot in UK. The enlightened democratic regimes tend to practice selective blindness to the Persian Gulf affairs. Is there any reason for Sheikh Mohammed to provide explanations about Sheikha Latifa in question? No. Finnish media gave a place for the instructor and the Frenchman to speak up for Sheikha Latifa III. The situation is tragic from every angle. That is all.

Last edited:
So according to you sombody if i have some remarks and questions i must be enjoying the situation and whatever bad happen to Latifa?
i will say it again and for the last time i am against any abuse situation she may be in locked away prison or whatever, i am certainly not defending Duba RF i am not even fan of any of them just a royal watcher
however all i am saying we don't know what happen behind close doors that there is always another side of a story,we don't know when or how she met the ex spy the.man himself have legal issues with Dubai governement...and as Albina said that's tragic situation

Last edited:
Dubai breaks its silence on "the fugitive princess
https://ladepeche.ma/dubai-rompt-silence-princesse-fugitive/
According to a source close to the government of Dubai, a princess of the emirate, who announced in a recent video his "escape" from his country, has been "brought back"

The Dubai source said the princess's fate was a "private affair" that was "exploited" by a "gang of crooks" and by Qatar, the Emirates' main rival in the Gulf. Both countries broke off diplomatic relations in June 2017

Dubai breaks its silence on "the fugitive princess
https://ladepeche.ma/dubai-rompt-silence-princesse-fugitive/

Sheikh Mohamed and the people defending him can spread all the misinformation they want, all it does is prove more and more that Latifa's claims are true ?

Latifa's testimony speaks for itself. Millions of people across the world have watched the 40 minute video in which she says she's planning to escape the country after her criminal father has abused and tortured her for years.

I think Sheikh Mohamed is grasping at straws. The fact that the BBC and many other reputable news agencies have reported the story means that its Game Over for him. Sheikh Mohamed should release Latifa immediately!

Last edited:
Sheikh Mohamed and the people defending him can spread all the misinformation they want, all it does is prove more and more that Latifa's claims are true ?

Latifa's testimony speaks for itself. Millions of people across the world have watched the 40 minute video in which she says she's planning to escape the country after her criminal father has abused and tortured her for years.

I think Sheikh Mohamed is grasping at straws. The fact that the BBC and many other reputable news agencies have reported the story means that its Game Over for him. Sheikh Mohamed should release Latifa immediately!
THANK YOU!!!
They are ALOT of misinformation being spread about to discredit Latifa escape. One was the spy & Tina was just out for money, which is clearly a lie. Second they are claims that Qatar had something to do with it. Which is just laughable.
All you fonts saying, "Oh, it's a family affair & private." Shame on you!!! That's why this ruling families & royal families in the Gulf get away with so much. Cause people are always making excuses for them or total ignore stuff that comes out about them. It's sad that most fonts are still fan girls & defending her siblings. They could have took up for her if they wanted too. Sheikh Moe can't make all his kids disappear. Heck Maitha & Majid both could have took up for her & Shamsa. It's clear both are only out for themselves.
Latifa spelled it out in that video why she was running & why she needed to make the video. Latifa done everything she could to make ppl believe her & to get help for herself. Yet ppl are still wanting to question everything about the escape & defend the Al Maktoums.
What's important is that Latifa & Shamsa be freed to live the life they want. No one deserves to be kept prisoner in a country that they don't want to be in. Both are old enough to make decisions about there lives & how they wish to live. If they both have to work & etc, I think they both would do it to be free from Sheikh Moe's control.

Last edited:
If they are still alive...
You all know what honor killings are.

If they are still alive...
You all know what honor killings are.

that is a horrible thought. i hope latifah's integrity has not been compromised, although one could very well argue that being tortured and secluded is also an attempt against her safety.

i believe the website 'escape dubai' has now been taken offline and doesn't come up in searches. however, latifa's video is still very much available - i guess that is the most important piece of information. it wouldn't surprise me if it were taken down soon too, i am surprised it is still there in the first place.

India returned runaway Dubai princess to protect strategic interests | Business Standard News
The unprecedented March 4 operation involved three Coast Guard ships, including the state-of-the-art offshore patrol vessels Samarth and Shoor, helicopters and a maritime surveillance aircraft.

India located the United States-flagged yacht, Nostromo, some 50 km off the coast of Goa.
New Delhi has so far declined to either confirm or deny the operation took place. “No such incident has been brought to our notice”, a Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson said in response to a query from Business Standard. The Coast Guard did not respond to an email seeking comment.

The operation, which the sources said was coordinated by National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, led to the rendition of the 33-year-old princess, who has said she was seeking to escape torture inflicted by her father, United Arab Emirates Prime Minister and Dubai ruler Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum.

Dubai missing princess: Call for clarity on status of Sheikha Latifa
Human Rights Watch has urged the Dubai authorities to reveal the whereabouts of a missing princess.

Sheikha Latifa - the daughter of the Emirate's ruler - is said to have tried to flee in March in order to live a freer life abroad.

But witnesses say the luxury yacht she was travelling on was intercepted off India, and she was returned to Dubai. She has not been seen since.

Dubai's authorities say they cannot comment for legal reasons.

Ramadan will be starting soon. I hate to see all the FAKE PR pics that will be taking on Eid Al-Fitr, them pretending to be one happy family.

Any news on the princess?

Princess Latifa on 60 minutes 15th of July

The Australian version of 60 minutes will talk about Princess Latifa this Sunday 15th of july. Can anyone link to the episode for non australians? (Their webbplayer only works from an australian IP adress.)

Princess Latifa of Dubai remains missing after trying to escape | Daily Mail Online

'If you're watching this I'm either dead or in a very bad situation': Video released of Dubai's 'rebel princess' reveals claims of torture after she tried to escape her father's regime

Nothing new in that article :-(

The Australian version of 60 minutes will talk about Princess Latifa this Sunday 15th of july. Can anyone link to the episode for non australians? (Their webbplayer only works from an australian IP adress.)

Found it:

Last edited by a moderator:

Second part of 60 minutes from YouTube:

It is impossible to know what goes behind the closed doors of the Dubai palaces and what a real state of affairs is. Sheikha Latifa does know the rules and consequences for breaking them. At the same time, she may have a vague idea of the harsh reality outside of royal palaces and villas. It would be impossible to determine whether or not Sheikha Latifa III could avoid being taken advantage of and whether or not she could survive on her own.

There is an interesting quote in the "Death of a princess" documentary: "a person who wants to be, not to have". As per an interview to poor palestinians in Beirut commenting about the execution of the Arabian princess in 1977.

What puzzles me is that if you check Google trends for ”Princess Latifa”, ”Dubai escape Princess” etc. the #1 country that searches this is Dubai. Also from what I can tell the searches peak to rate 100 around when the news came out and in july when CBS 60 minutes aired the story.

I thought Dubai controllerd media and internet?

From finnish MTV News

Finnish Tiina Jauhiainen, who helped the Dubai Princess Latifa to escape in March, says there are still no observations from the princess. UN and international human rights organizations have been invited to help.
Tiina Jauhiainen answers to the phone with some suspicion.
- Wait, I have to check with my lawyer how much I can tell about the current situation, she says.
Jauhiainen says everything is still very messy.
The case that has become even more international in the media is a mess between many states, yet there is still no solution. Jauhiainen is especially careful about what she dares to say now.
- Many people suspect if she is alive anymore, but I do believe that she is imprisoned somewhere in the United Arab Emirates, Jauhiainen says.
Jauhiainen says that she has been notified to the Red Order List of Interpol by the authorities of the country. This is Interpol's most serious search warrant, which could lead to arrests at the airport.
- I was trying to get a visa to Australia and I was told that the United Arab Emirates have made me a criminal.
Tiina auttoi Dubain prinsessa Latifaa_ Ystävä yhä mystisesti kateissa – nyt Tiinalle itselleen asetettu Interpolin korkean tason pidätysmääräys - Uutiset - MTV.fi
Translation

A summary from last weeks UN metting in Geneva on Latifa among others:

Guernica 37 have previously filed a Petition of Complaint to the UN Working Group on Enforced or Involuntary Disappearance, who, having deemed the complaint to be admissible, have communicated the position to both the Governments of India, and the UAE, inviting their response. However, it has thus far been met with silence, and therefore ignorance on the part of those Governments, both of whom seek to take an active part in the work of the United Nations and who claim to have a commitment to human rights.
The hearing of 14 September 2018 enabled the Working Group to be provided with an update as to the current position, including the submission of new information concerning Sheikha Latifa’s disappearance.
Despite the silence from the Indian and Emirati authorities, the matter remains open and ongoing, with both the UN Working Group, and Guernica 37 in conjunction with Detained in Dubai as her appointed legal representatives, actively investigating the matter.
At the conclusion of the closed-door session, further information was provided to the Working Group on the circumstances of the abduction and the fate and whereabouts of Sheikha Latifa that is expected to be communicated to the two Respondent States within the coming days."

United Nations considers next actions to find missing Princess... - Detained In Dubai

BBC2 has just aired an interesting documentary on the topic. It's back on the media, let's see what happens

:previous:
Nothing significant is going to happen. The Al-Maktoums consider it to be a private family affair.
Europe needs to deal with its own complicated situation: economic woes, political crisis, and identity crisis.

Last edited:
BBC2 has just aired an interesting documentary on the topic. It's back on the media, let's see what happens

Can you watch it on a player outside the UK? I saw that it was removed from youtube.

I found it on Youtube soon after the airing

:previous:
Nothing significant is going to happen. The Al-Maktoums consider it to be a private family affair.
Europe needs to deal with its own complicated situation: economic woes, political crisis, and identity crisis.

Kidnapping and locking up your family members might be acceptable practice in certain parts of the world but the victim herself asked prior to all of this happening that the world would intervene on her behalf because she knew what they were capable off. Shrugging that off by telling those concerned to deal with their own issues instead of speaking up for a powerless victim is not what anybody would want if they were that victim.

And yes, I am aware that I am not doing anything to advance her case but I am glad that others continue to do so and laud their efforts.

It's strange how a few cases are able to grab the world's attention while so many others largely or completely go unnoticed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom