Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think any sins that are an issue are more recent than 20 years ago...I think if it was just the divorce things would be different.

LaRae

I think any sins that are an issue are more recent than 20 years ago...I think if it was just the divorce things would be different.

LaRae

Yes, that's what I think as well.
The divorce was amicable, so no one would be still angry after all these years.

I feel it is mostly the greed, the constant scrambling for money, the total lack of dignity, that has made Fergie a pariah to the RF.

The thing I always wonder with Sarah is this: if she's so willing to be blunt in public in ways that the BRF just doesn't consider seemly, what is she willing to do or say with them behind closed doors? Perhaps she's on the outs only because of her public behavior, but there's also a great probability that she has angered members of the family in totally private incidents as well.

That's speculation, of course, but her track record that we can see involves case after case of Sarah running her mouth in attempts to be entertaining with little thought for the consequences and going too far in the process. And so often people who are known, as Sarah has been, for being rambunctious fun in their best moments can be all to prone to pushing things too far and hurting people (or at least making people quite uncomfortable) in their less stellar moments.

So when I see that Harry vacationed with her once five years ago, all that indicates to me is that he felt comfortable with her before the trip. The real question is whether he walked away from that experience happy and refreshed or thinking "ooh, now I get why the rest of the family keeps her at arms' length."

Andrew and Sarah inhabit the same homes, the Verbier Chalet is in both of their names and Andrew has solidly nailed his colours to the mast. They are one of the happy families of Harry's life, divorce or no divorce, they are family, why on earth would he not invite them.

Because like any divorced parents with children, she's not a member of Harry's family. He is Eugenie and Beatrice's extended family from their dad's side. Sarah and Andrew are divorced and while they share homes, we have no proof it's anything romantic or such that they are basically man and wife. It's the same thing as her not being invited to Christmas at Sandringham or other family events. She's divorced out of it. It's typical for any children of divorce to not have both parents at family events held by one side, I'm Eugenie and Beatrice will deal with it fine like millions of others if their mother doesn't get an invitation to their cousin's wedding. If Harry does invite her, it's because he wants to, not because he somehow owes it to anyone or has to heal some rift that's really none of his business.

As for that one vacation years ago, I highly doubt Harry went because of Fergie. He went because of his uncle and his cousins, who happens to be good friends with his girlfriend at the time. I don't doubt they are cordial, but I highly doubt they are constantly in each other's lives. Sarah was at the Inskip wedding, yet we saw no interaction between her and Harry and Meghan while we saw the couple hanging out with others.

Last edited:
Its not like Harry's wedding would be the first time that Sarah attends a service along with the royal family. Sarah was in attendance in 2013 for the memorial service for Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. She was not seated with Andrew and her daughters or the royal family but was seated elsewhere in the cathedral. Of course the Daily Fail had to publish the worse possible picture they could find of her.

I think that no matter what other members of the family think or feel about Sarah, they've pretty much resigned themselves to the fact that she's not going to go away and is still an integral part of Andrew and their daughters' lives. These are also people that are the epitome of correctness when in public and should Sarah be invited anywhere that they are, they will behave accordingly.

As I see it, it doesn't matter if she's there or if she isn't. The focus is going to be on Harry and Meghan anyways as this is their day.

The thing I always wonder with Sarah is this: if she's so willing to be blunt in public in ways that the BRF just doesn't consider seemly, what is she willing to do or say with them behind closed doors? Perhaps she's on the outs only because of her public behavior, but there's also a great probability that she has angered members of the family in totally private incidents as well.

That's speculation, of course, but her track record that we can see involves case after case of Sarah running her mouth in attempts to be entertaining with little thought for the consequences and going too far in the process. And so often people who are known, as Sarah has been, for being rambunctious fun in their best moments can be all to prone to pushing things too far and hurting people (or at least making people quite uncomfortable) in their less stellar moments
:previous: Excellent points loonytick.

How do you know she doesn't have that kind of money?

Her money affairs have never been made public other than the fact that she has, at times, had large debts but they have always been paid so why assume she doesn't have this kind of money now?

She also lives with a wealthy ex-husband and has two daughters who are quite wealthy as well - certainly both are able to live like millionaires.

Unless you are privy to her private banking details you are simply making an assumption.

Last edited:
I think its a fair guess to say that Sarah, who was almost bankrupt 7 years ago is unlikely to have a spare £2million sitting around. Of course one hopes it the last 7 years her finances have become more secure but I doubt she has personally earned enough to have a spare £2million herself especially as the main part of her case seems tot be suing for "lost earnings", if she is suing for lost earnings it seem risky to do so if you have enough sitting in the bank to pay £2million. Of course Andrew and the girls will support her and help her live a comfortable lifestyle.
No one knows her personal finances just as no one knows for sure most of the things that are talked about on these boards.

Last edited:
Apparently if Sarah loses the court case she has to pay all costs back.
How is that possible when she does not have this kind of money?

Fergie faces £2million legal bill if she loses lawsuit | Daily Mail Online

That is right, it is very possible the judge will grant expenses to the accused. Sarah has really gone into this with her eyes wide shut. Based on information in the public domain, I would be surprised if the case did not get thrown out fairly early, or she looses and ends up paying legal costs of both sides, leading yet again to financial ruin for her.

Sarah attends tonight at a hour long celebration of live entertainment and music to celebrate the life of the late Sir Bruce Forsyth, filmed the day before what would have been his 90th

https://api.profimedia.com/data/large-preview/4/0/0363946816/profimedia-0363946816.jpg
https://api.profimedia.com/data/large-preview/4/0/0363949406/profimedia-0363949406.jpg
https://api.profimedia.com/data/large-preview/4/0/0363949397/profimedia-0363949397.jpg
https://api.profimedia.com/data/large-preview/4/0/0363947392/profimedia-0363947392.jpg

Duchess of York attends tonight at 'Mary Magdalene' film screening, in National Gallery, in London

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefee...,_london?celeb=Sarah Ferguson Duchess of York

Last edited by a moderator:

I love that suit on her. Beautiful colour. And her hair is looking nice, though I think she might be better off going to a soft strawberry blond like it was in the late 1990s. Now, if only she could get her skin in shape for this year's weddings!

Lovely color and style..a bit snug perhaps.

LaRae

She looks wonderful- that color is perfect for her.

:previous: I'd say that Sarah's looking well, but I don't like the heavy black eye-makeup on her. It's aging on her. It's sad about the condition of her skin, really. She's not even 60 years old yet. :sad:

I think the outdoor life and probably stress have contributed to her skin. She should never wear eye makeup like that...makes her eyes disappear!

LaRae

Do redheads, perhaps because of their fine porcelain-like skin in youth, have a tendency to wrinkle a bit more than people of darker colouring as they get older? Happened to a couple of friends of mine (from the same family)? On the other hand, Sarah was always quite freckly so maybe that doesn't apply.

The Queen is very fair skinned and she's looking pretty good.

LaRae

The makeup is bad, and so is the scraped-back hair. She looks like she has a fivehead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom