Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I reciprocate your feelings towards me, so we're even. And why see conspiracies where there aren't any?

I have said Fergie has her good points. However, as a member of the BRF she was an unmitigated disaster.

Interesting that Sarah founded a charity in 1993 to help children in Asia & Africa.

I have to admit I never heard of her creating this charity or any of her personal charity work until very recently. (Only within the past year or two.)

I wonder why the media fell to mention this, especially during the 1990s when all they did was trash her.

Why was/is Sarah's charity work overlooked?

I've seen mention of it. The charity she founded in the US about a decade ago ran into financial troubles and was shut down (none of the money went to the good works the charity was supposed to be supporting.) The original one she founded seems to still be going - the big dinner she gave for the staff of the original charity at Windsor last year was covered in the press at the time and Andrew and one or maybe both her daughters attended.
Interesting that neither Andrew or her daughters appear to have attended this event. Usually there are photos of other known attendees to these events - yet I only see Manuel and the artist who painted Sarah's pix - are there any reports of who the guests where?

The papers turned on her early in her royal career. IIRC she was criticized for skiing while early in her pregnancy with Beatrice; i.e., less than two years after her marriage. This article from PEOPLE was from November 1989. Flowers Abroad, Flak at Home : People.com

I have said Fergie has her good points. However, as a member of the BRF she was an unmitigated disaster.

You seem determined to argue with and debate virtually every post I write, something I find quite amusing!

No, not a conspiracy theory. I don't care about Fergie enough. I well remember her engagement, her wedding day, her inability to behave properly as a working Royal, her behaviour as her marriage disintergrated, dragging the Royal family's reputation into the mud. Fergie has her good points, but IMO she's a flakey and eccentric woman.

Totally agree with all your points. Selling time with Andrew was one of her lowest points. Having her little girls present while her lover sucked her toes in public was up there too. I also think she knows lots and that's why she has been looked after by Andrew my conspiracy theory which I'm sure miss whirley won't like. ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The papers turned on her early in her royal career. IIRC she was criticized for skiing while early in her pregnancy with Beatrice; i.e., less than two years after her marriage. This article from PEOPLE was from November 1989. Flowers Abroad, Flak at Home : People.com

The press were always after her, some for fair reasons, but most for unfair reasons.

The only two legitimate criticisms I can think of pre-1992 marriage separation, were the claims that she didn’t turn over all the charity money she helped raise by writing books, instead keeping most for herself. Secondly, when she used Buckingham Palace to host a business meeting between her oil-tycoon, lover, Wyatt and an oil minister from Iraq. I put the latter on the same level as trying to sell Andrew in 2010. Shady dealings.

But the rest was really vicious and petty. Attacking her for her weight - misogyny. Attacking her for wearing short skirts - misogyny. Attacking her for enjoying London’s nightlife on a regular basis. Every time she went clubbing at Annabel’s the press asked why she wasn’t at home with her young daughters, and brought up that she had four nannies, and implied she was a bad mother. The press didn’t have a problem with the royal men spending their nights socializing away from their children. They didn’t blame the four nannies on Andrew, they didn’t question his fatherly love - sexism.

The press went out of their way to link her name to her friend Peter Brant, when he was imprisoned for tax fraud. Even though she had nothing to do with the incident. That would be like blaming William and Harry for Guy Pelly having his DUI. In the years she gave birth, the press downplayed that she was on maternity leave, and instead wrote insulting articles about how she was only doing 1/3 of Diana’s workload and 1/7 of Anne’s. They omitted that her workload was very similar to the other women on the years they gave birth, in some cases hers were higher - double standards.

Sarah was definitely a victim, it’s all a matter of if you see her as a sympathetic victim or not.

I think the things you mention are more than shady and she got off lightly

I've never liked Fergie, and I think she's always had a string of lovers.

I just really doubt Manual is one of them. As I said before, I don't think he is truly interested in women. That velvet jacket gives me that impression.

His velvet jacket?

I've seen pictures of the following celebrity men wearing velvet jackets:Eddie Radmayne, Ryan Gosling, Common, David Beckham, Brad Pitt , Christopher Plummer, Oscar Isaacs, Kanye West, Colin Firth, Clive Owen , Daniel Craig, Rupert Grint, and John Mayer.

All of those men are in heterosexual relationships.

In fact wearing velvet jackets has become so popular amongst the toffs in the UK, that last summer Tatler wrote an article about it, and included 40 pictures, one of these pictures featuring a certain married Van Custem brother.

Sloanes in Velvet - The best velvet jackets in Bystander - Velvet smoking jackets - Tatler

Last edited:
Oh, I know. Lots of men wear them. Antonio Banderas once posed in a red velvet suit on the cover of Vogue.

But they don't leave me with the same impression.

Last edited:
We'll see. For a longtime she insisted she was just friends with Geir Frantzen, even though she spent Christmases with him, he bought her Bentleys, and other luxury gifts, etc...

After they split, she acknowledged in a few interviews that she just got out of a longterm relationship.

The only thing I'm prepared to assume is the truth when someone of Fergie's vintage/circumstances says "we're just friends" about someone they are obviously having some sort of relationship with is that they don't want to disclose the real nature of the relationship at that moment. Not that it matters and it's really none of our business anyway.

The trouble with Fergie is that her friendships, relationships and commercial and business interests (sometimes involving lending her money) often seem to end in a convoluted mess, with friendships and her commercial concerns impinging on each other. And yes, it's not our business, but her life is probably quite complex.

Of course Sarah and Manuel are 'just friends'...she's with Andrew, duh. ;)

The trouble with Fergie is that her friendships, relationships and commercial and business interests (sometimes involving lending her money) often seem to end in a convoluted mess, with friendships and her commercial concerns impinging on each other. And yes, it's not our business, but her life is probably quite complex.

Yes, she is an inconvenient woman. IMO, it's not the worst thing one an be. We all struggle, we all improve, we all fail. It's life.

Let's hope for his sake he's not that dumb again. Hopefully he will find someone who is not damaged goods. I think he deserves better.

*sigh* Just my opinion, but the DM seems to delight in making her look like some party animal bird-brain. :sad:

So now it's 'Super-Fergie', the corporate leader and adviser!! How many more 'new improved versions' of this woman are we going to see in her lifetime? What's more, with Sarah spotty record of business dealings she's the last person on earth any business women should be taking advice from.

The good thing is that Sarah is doing well. Good for her!

So now it's 'Super-Fergie', the corporate leader and adviser!! How many more 'new improved versions' of this woman are we going to see in her lifetime? What's more, with Sarah spotty record of business dealings she's the last person on earth any business women should be taking advice from.

I agree when I saw that I thought what !! Why would they ask her ? What advice would she give ?
First .. Marry a Prince
Second .. Live off that fact for the rest of your life.

One thing for sure is that if I had a business and/or a lot of money that needed handling and/or invested, I would go to a financial advisor that is accredited and definitely check into his/her reputation in the financial world.

To see Sarah as a corporate business advisor ranks right up there with me setting up shop and hanging out my shingle as the world renowned fitness trainer and health expert. I could get the clients but when it came to actually doing what I said I could do, I'd fall really, really short and go out of business fast.

How many times has Sarah nearly been bankrupt and been bailed out by rich friends and Andrew? See most people wouldn't have that to fall back on. Sarah is the last person to give any sort of business advice a couple of her charities have closed down with clouds over their heads. AS for that bag she has had it for years and really by now it's past cute.

I'm glad that the Duchess is happy and has a 'unified family' and a new line of flavoured teas coming out. Now just go away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom