Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 17: June 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were babies then I would understand it but they are grown women and how embaressing is it to have your mother carrying around a bag with your faces on it? It really wasn't needed she was going to a work event she did it so it would be talked about and it worked. She worked for a number of years before Andrew she was only in BP for a couple of years at most she had her own house. And she has been divorced far longer then she was ever Royal. Sarah just doesn't want to have a budget like the normal folk. She wants the freebies and the standard of living she feels she deserves. I see her back in debt in no time because she can't control herself she just has to have things. A picture of the girls in her wallet is more affordable then getting a picture on a bespoke handbag!

She was carrying a regular handbag besides the tote; but I agree that, given that she was visiting bookstores, a plain tote would have looked more professional.:flowers:

A picture of the girls in her wallet is more affordable then getting a picture on a bespoke handbag!

She was carrying a regular handbag besides the tote; but I agree that, given that she was visiting bookstores, a plain tote would have looked more professional.:flowers:

For someone that squealed with delight when she was given the label "addicted to attention and approval" she sure is wearing it like a monstrous tiara at a morning wedding. This whole media blitz with "Finding Sarah" (both the show and the book) is slowly but surely exposing Sarah's latest venture as it truly is.. a narcissist "look at me" PR move to put Sarah into the public eye rather than the serious life transforming awareness that may help others in dealing with their own crisis. The more I've been following this, the more I'm realizing that Sarah is just following "cue card" programming. "Now Sarah, we need to see you huff and puff up that hill. No makeup and please pant a bit will you dear?" "Sarah, remember to flash the photo of the girls on the bag towards the camera as we need to get the image of a Duchess into reader's minds.

I know she is scheduled to do a mess of book signings around the NYC area this week. I'm just wondering how well this book is actually selling.

I wonder about that, too. I might buy it if it were in a bargain bin--GREATLY reduced; but I'm not going to go out and pay full price. And even then, if I saw another discounted book that I'd rather read, I'd buy that one.:ermm:

I know she is scheduled to do a mess of book signings around the NYC area this week. I'm just wondering how well this book is actually selling.

Last edited:

Sarah visiting "FOX & Friends" at FOX Studios on June 28, 2011 in New York City.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

And signing copies of her new book "Finding Sarah: A Duchess's Journey To Find Herself" at Book Revue, New York that same day.

** Pic ** gallery **

You are telling me!..... All that New Age stuff makes me gag! How does she get people to believe her? Up until now I did. After this article I don't!

Play up to the right crowd. Oprah has enough fans who will listen to her talk "hard" to Sarah before offering to "help" her and they'll eat it up. They'll eat up the book and all the bull**** it contains because they don't know any better and so the sympathy wagon roles on, in America.

Jesus, why'd my country have to be the one to deal with this? I demand that the UK take back Sharon Osbourne and David Beckham by years end!

Jesus, why'd my country have to be the one to deal with this? I demand that the UK take back Sharon Osbourne and David Beckham by years end!

We could consider taking back David Beckham and Sharon Osbourne if you promise to keep Sarah, Duchess of York.

Luckily she didn't have another bag made with Will & Kate's picture to REALLY remind us that she was royal once and make believe less informed people that she still is.

I wouldn't be willing to dobut that she has one already made & ready to go in her closet. She is just waiting for the right opportunity for example whenever the announcement comes that William & Kate are expecting their first child. & that she knows how proud Diana would be over it. There is no denying that clearly this woman is a few bricks short of a load. Which down here in the southern region if the U.S. is a nice way to say a person a little off in the head.

I saw that Finding Sarah is not on OWN's schedule next week. Maybe they ended airing the show early...

I saw that Finding Sarah is not on OWN's schedule next week. Maybe they ended airing the show early...

That's very, very odd. With all the press Sarah is doing right now for her book...it's free advertising for her show on Oprah.

I thought the Beckhams were moving back to England, as Vic wasn't getting the attention she thought she would get. Heard that just a couple of months ago.

No, I don't have a source, it's just something I heard.

It's the subject of both of her memoir and a six-part "docu-series" on the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN), also called Finding Sarah. The fourth installment airs July 10 at 9 p.m. ET/8 CT, with a repeat of the premiere episode set to run Sunday.

According to a newspaper article I came across the 4th episode airs on July 10. Don't know why there is a week off at the half way point.

It's the subject of both of her memoir and a six-part "docu-series" on the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN), also called Finding Sarah. The fourth installment airs July 10 at 9 p.m. ET/8 CT, with a repeat of the premiere episode set to run Sunday.

According to a newspaper article I came across the 4th episode airs on July 10. Don't know why there is a week off at the half way point.

Perhaps with this being a 6 part series, at the mid point they are going to take a week and rerun the first three episodes before continuing with the latter three. From the schedule I've found, the first three are being aired quite a few times.

Finding Sarah: From Royalty to the Real World TV Listings

not on TV this weekend

Since it is a holiday weekend in the States, most shows are either airing repeats this weekend or different programming altogether.

That's not uncommon for shows here in the U.S. especially since it only has six episodes and not having a full season with weekly episodes line in the case of shows like Two & A Half Men or The Office. It's maybe intended as a chance to view missed espisodes for anyone who may not have seen it before finishing the series. I don't think that it has been cancelled which wouldn't be a bad idea. Oprah has lot riding on the shows on her network this first year good or bad. I am sure that all the episoides of each show will be allowed to air in the first go around. To me the question really becomes which shows will have a second season. If I was betting woman I don't a second season of "Finding Sarah" will air without it becoming more sensational as is the norm for most reality shows here in the U.S. which I don't think that would be allowed.

Last edited:
That's not uncommon for shows here in the U.S. especially since it only has six episodes and not having a full season with weekly episodes line in the case of shows like Two & A Half Men or The Office. It's maybe intended as a chance to view missed espisodes for anyone who may not have seen it before finishing the series. I don't think that it has been cancelled which wouldn't be a bad idea. Oprah has lot riding on the shows on her network this first year good or bad. I am sure that all the episoides of each show will be allowed to air in the first go around. To me the question really becomes which shows will have a second season. If I was betting woman I don't a second season of "Finding Sarah" will air without it becoming more sensational as is the norm for most reality shows here in the U.S. which I don't think that would be allowed.

As has been posted, its also a holiday weekend here in the US and Canada (1st - Canada Day and the 4th of July in the US) and its prime vacation time for a lot of people. That has to factor in this too I imagine. As for a second season of Finding Sarah, I really doubt it'll ever happen but it may turn out to be a Finding Somebody each season though. How much more sensationalistic could they really get with Sarah anyhow? Having an episode titled "The Royal That Stares At Goats"? :D

I'm sure your right, now that a few episodes have aired and got publicity they are probably hoping to get some more viewers.

I'm sure you'll agree and hope that a second series won't happen. I also don't think it being aired in the UK can be of any benefit to Sarah. I know we're all on the outside looking in but I think for Sarah the opposite should happen. It's over a year down the line since you know what, the show dealing with the aftermath of the saga has 3 weeks to run, and the book is out. Once the show winds up and publicity engagements for the book completed it's time for Sarah to take a step back again and take stock. She really is at a crossroads in all areas of her life, and the decisions she makes in the next 1-2 years will really define her future.
She should evaluate the reaction to her show and whatever offers or approaches commercially it may lead too. One thing I hope she has learned over the past year is who her real friends are, and who she can really trust, and these are the people whose advise she should seek and heed.

She still has a great, loyal friend in Andrew, and her daughters love.
She'll hopefully be around to watch and share as her daughters make they own lives and their own futures. Please God she may have grandchildren to love. She still has the earning potential to be a wealth woman (by most peoples standards) and have a lovely lifestyle (if she doesn't let it get out of control once again).

Her future can be bright with a lot to look forward too, or it can be lonely, tragic and bleak. It's all in her own hands.

Last edited:
As has been posted, its also a holiday weekend here in the US and Canada (1st - Canada Day and the 4th of July in the US) and its prime vacation time for a lot of people. That has to factor in this too I imagine. As for a second season of Finding Sarah, I really doubt it'll ever happen but it may turn out to be a Finding Somebody each season though. How much more sensationalistic could they really get with Sarah anyhow? Having an episode titled "The Royal That Stares At Goats"? :D

I agree with you but we are not talking about a PBS educational documentary but reality tv which I think we have seen can be almost anything. Don't get me wrong I am not suggesting that the show needs to go any lower for ratings purposes however standing in a dessert sreaming why!!! left me thinking " And this proves what?". Like you said the show may find a following who knows but I wouldn't place an odds bet in Vegas on that......Not that I do that!!! LOL!

I'm sure your right, now that a few episodes have aired and got publicity they are probably hoping to get some more viewers.

I'm sure you'll agree and hope that a second series won't happen. I also don't think it being aired in the UK can be of any benefit to Sarah. I know we're all on the outside looking in but I think for Sarah the opposite should happen. It's over a year down the line since you know what, the show dealing with the aftermath of the saga has 3 weeks to run, and the book is out. Once the show winds up and publicity engagements for the book completed it's time for Sarah to take a step back again and take stock. She really is at a crossroads in all areas of her life, and the decisions she makes in the next 1-2 years will really define her future.
She should evaluate the reaction to her show and whatever offers or approaches commercially it may lead too. One thing I hope she has learned over the past year is who her real friends are, and who she can really trust, and these are the people whose advise she should seek and heed.

She still has a great, loyal friend in Andrew, and her daughters love.
She'll hopefully be around to watch and share as her daughters make they own lives and their own futures. Please God she may have grandchildren to love. She still has the earning potential to be a wealth woman (by most peoples standards) and have a lovely lifestyle (if she doesn't let it get out of control once again).

Her future can be bright with a lot to look forward too, or it can be lonely, tragic and bleak. It's all in her own hands.

Totally agree with you. Once the shows ends & the book has done whatever it is going to do to me that will really be her opportunity to change her life. The thing is with all of us we can do things we never thought we could. There is a lot to be said for when you are thrown into the water you either sink or swim. She has never been pushed into the water because she always had her Knight in shining armour to save her. If she finally makes an adult decision to stand on her own that would be the best thing she do for her children, her future grandchildren and yes even Andrew even if he doesn't know it. But the choice is hers to make not anyone's else's and that's what I think she has never learned.

See, it's things like this that make her look bad. Considering her previous work experience and, more importantly, age and the amount of time since the divorce, how can she sit there act as if she never had time to learn? She was married for a decide, actually with Andrew for six years, the way she presents it you'd think she grew up a royal. You'd understand how someone like Andrew or Charles would be a put off if they were suddenly stripped of their wealth but Sarah, come on.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree with you - I'm getting tired of all this self pity with her. I had warmed to her again until the NOTW leak last year. She makes out she cares about P Andrew, I'd hate to see how she treats her enemies. Most mothers have their embarrasing moments, but I feel so sorry for P Beatrice & P Eugenie, they must be dreading her every move.

May I ask if her book will be a "best-seller" in the UK ?

It hasn't hit the shelves yet - I think it will sell, but she lost a lot of fans because of her disgusting behaviour last year. The thing is while the US like people who open up and are full of self-pity, in the UK we don't like it. Personally speaking, she needs to disappear for a while and keep her mouth shut. I certainly didn't appreciate her trying to take some publicity from P Williams wedding by talking about Diana. P William & P Harry should be the only ones to do that, not Sarah, she needs to keep quiet for the next 10 years, no chance of that.

The thing is while the US like people who open up and are full of self-pity, in the UK we don't like it.
I'm not sure about that. From what I've seen in reviews and on message boards, I don't think that Sarah's getting a lot of sympathy on either side of the Atlantic.

It came out on Tuesday the 28th so we won't know how well it's
selling in print till next week but Amazon has these numbers as of June 30th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom