Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 17: June 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found that awkward too. Sarah hasn't even met Kate I don't think the interviewers know this she talks like she is still in the fold. Which she isn't. I don't think Sarah looks very good her makeup was bad and her hair awful. That dress was not flattering on her either she just doesn't have the body or arms to get away with it. Not so sure Fergie is the one to give advice to her daughters on how to handle the press she hasn't exactly done well out of it.

Apparently "no comment" is not part of her vocabulary but to be honest if she wasn't willing to talk about the BRF the media would have no interest in talking to her at all. She has nothing else to offer and she knows it.

She was promoting her book, "Ballerina Rosie". :cool:

I find Sarah sad. She's that everywoman but for a bad choice here and there who would have had a very nice, happy life and she knows it. She is intelligent enough to see the almost inevitable progression from bad choice to worse choice and so on but has too few trained executive functions to figure the right path.

I think she would do anything to repair her public image, if for no other reason than I believe she loves her daughters deeply. Problem is, she just does not know how. That is a sad state for any human, one guesses - to want to be better and not know how. Eventually all your bad choices rob you of your confidence in making new choices, good or bad, and you start letting events and actions pick you, so to speak. She has that passenger on a train wreck who didn't pay attention to the emergency information look.

Poor woman.

I never have any bad feelings towards Sarah, even with that pathetic money for access thing. I mean, there she is, on tape, taking a briefcase full of money in exchange for getting Andrew to meet with someone and she is saying, in all earnestness, something to the effect that this should not be seen as a reflection on Andrew. At one point she even utters the phrase "...he is lily white. Pure. You understand? " in the most sincere of all tones. And I think she was ... sincere. She really thought she could divorce his character from her actions. That's sad. And it makes you realize how desperate she must have been.

I don't know ... some examples of bad judgement (Diana's Panorama interview, as an example) have clear "bad motives" - that is to say, a motive to cause harm. Sarah's always seem innocent in this regard. I don't think she *meant* to harm Andrew or the BRF. Which is not to say her intentions were good - clearly they were not - but I don't think they were evil or deliberately destructive.

I try not to judge Sarah because we all have our own journey in life. Everybody's journey is different and unique in it's own way.

I think despite the problems Sarah has faced, I never doubt her love for her daughters and the guy that has stood by her through it all, Andrew. I applaud the Yorks for not allowing their personal problems and the world's tabloids to tear their family apart. They have remained a very loving and close family despite everything and I think many members of the royal family even find that enduring and touching.

I'm planning to buy "Ballerina Rosie" for my young niece.

Sarah seems somewhat guileless. At times, I think that she thinks she's being shrewd (such as in the video where's she's setting up the access to Andrew), but she never quite pulls it off.

OTOH Diana had gotten away with machinations for a few years (there wasn't any real proof she had cooperated with Morton until he admitted so after her death), but she over-reached with Panorama.

As troubled as Sarah has been, she hasn't yet fallen from the same kind of heights. The Queen didn't order her and Andrew to divorce, for example.

I don't know ... some examples of bad judgement (Diana's Panorama interview, as an example) have clear "bad motives" - that is to say, a motive to cause harm. Sarah's always seem innocent in this regard. I don't think she *meant* to harm Andrew or the BRF. Which is not to say her intentions were good - clearly they were not - but I don't think they were evil or deliberately destructive.

I found that awkward too. Sarah hasn't even met Kate I don't think the interviewers know this she talks like she is still in the fold. Which she isn't. I don't think Sarah looks very good her makeup was bad and her hair awful. That dress was not flattering on her either she just doesn't have the body or arms to get away with it. Not so sure Fergie is the one to give advice to her daughters on how to handle the press she hasn't exactly done well out of it.

I think what Sarah said was okay. She was giving her opinion on the privacy issue raised by the photographs. She's obviously had a lot of experience in this area. Her daughters and others would be foolish not to learn from her mistakes, although I wouldn't take public relations advice from her.

Her discussion did not reveal any inside information about the royal family. She's no longer a member, but she is still very close to the royal family. For example, she probably knows, but didn't discuss the Queen's "real" feelings or repeat any inside conversations about the photos.

I bet she would. Andrew would probably mention it.

I doubt this.

She may be "Mummy", but she is also the Queen. And I am guessing that Andrew is careful about these things, if for no other reason than he knows Sarah can't be relied upon to be discreet.

One suspects the Queen is circumspect in these matters of opinion, even within her family.

I do not, as a mother, tend to discuss my feelings towards one child's behaviour to the other - especially if they are at all negative or contentious. We might just be a weird family, tho :)

oh i love her in that interview and don't find it a bit awkward. she only speaks positively about everybody, seems to be a really good mother and speaks from a perspective that can win understanding from outsiders now. good one, not revealing a bit too much. i just thought some word else than "my ex" would have been a bit more respectful as other members even speak about each other using titles

I too enjoyed Sarah's interview with Pierce Morgan. Her interview was very positive and I think she had the right tone when she talked a little about what happened to Catherine. I think she knows the royal family is behind Catherine and was upset about the situation.

Sarah has signed copies of her new children's book 'Ballerina Rosie' at Barnes & Noble at the Americana at Brand in Los Angeles, California on October 1, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

She was promoting her book, "Ballerina Rosie". :cool:

Is that book selling very well?

( Kirkus Reviews didn't think much of it and said people should skip it).
Still, sometimes quite awful books make lots of money.

No rings ?? forgotten at home or in her safe

I'm wondering why you mention this. Does the absence of rings on Sarah's fingers have some significance?

I think the interview was fine. She didn't say anything inappropriate, and she was very supportive of Kate. Sarah knows only too well how intrusive the photographers can be. She might not be a member of the Royal Family any longer, but she once was and her daughters still are and she's also on excellent terms with her former husband, so I'm sure she still gets some inside info. For example, I'm sure Beatrice and Eugenie tell her all about events they attend.

She looks happy, I like her smile and the way she has her hair.

I too enjoy seeing Sarah doing wonderful things. Looks like she had fun reading and chating with the young children.

Sarah needs to stop wearing those outfits. The blue dress is just odd and way too young for her and the black one just looks awful. Needs to cover her arms and what is with that butterfly purse she always seems to carry these days. So she is trying to sell her book they had her on one of our morning shows too.

I don't know why, I think Sarah looks great.

Personally I think Sarah has kind of adopted the butterfly as her own personal sigil and she wears it a lot to remind herself of her own metamorphosis of finding herself. We'll probably never know and I don't think there's anyone that has asked her yet either.

It´s a shame to read so much negativity and cynicism, when Sarah is involved with something so positive and important in these pictures. "Not for Sale" is an organisation dedicated to ending human trafficking and slavery. Sarah is an ambassador for NFS. She believes strongly in the cause, and has dedicated a lot of time and energy to speaking and their events and publicising it.

There is no connection between the butterfly motif and her book (which doesn´t mention butterflies at any stage!). So this isn´t in any way an attempt to publicize her book. I´m not sure about the significance of the butterfly, though it may be connected to the Butterfly Ball, a charity event organised by Chrysalis, which raises money to help the homeless. Sarah has attended several Butterfly Ball events in recent years. But maybe Osipi has a point in suggesting that she may have taken on the motif to represent a personal message relevant to her own life.

As for her dress... Well, everyone´s entitled to their own opinions, but I think she looks wonderful - glamorous, beautiful. I don´t feel personally that any woman who passes 50 should suddenly start dressing like an old lady. Sarah still looks great at 53 (54 on Monday), and I don´t see why she shouldn´t enjoy dressing up to show her style and beauty for an event like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom