Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 17: June 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is absolutely no anger in the capital letters. If there was any the capital letters would have been bolded. They were just there to highlight the fact that Sarah's market value is due to her being the mother of two royal princesses. Sarah is quite aware of this and reminds us of that on a regular basis. Her market-value is going down right now: the serie on american tv was not a hit, the book is not a hit, etc. Showing on her bag the picture of her angelic royal princesses daughters is a way to try to regain a bit of that lost value.
Capital letters in emails are the same as shouting. Worldwide standard.

Nothing wrong with a bag with your daughters pictures on them. CP Maxima has one too.

Nothing wrong with a bag with your daughters pictures on them. CP Maxima has one too.

Those who recognize the daughters know the mother anyway. So where's the beef?

On a side note: I was a bit astonished to read that Sarah seems to have been in contact with the then fighting deadly cancer former Royal reporter James Whitaker. I thought this is a very kind gesture considering that it was him who made the devastating toe suckling pics public.

And just how old are CP Maxima's daughters? vs Sarah's? Sometimes things are funny and cute when you are a little girl but become less funny when you are a grown-up woman or a young woman.

There is absolutely no anger in the capital letters. If there was any the capital letters would have been bolded. They were just there to highlight the fact that Sarah's market value is due to her being the mother of two royal princesses. Sarah is quite aware of this and reminds us of that on a regular basis. Her market-value is going down right now: the serie on american tv was not a hit, the book is not a hit, etc. Showing on her bag the picture of her angelic royal princesses daughters is a way to try to regain a bit of that lost value.

I don't know, maybe it's a Canadian thing. I also use capital letter to highlight or emphasize something. It's not my nature to shout about anything.

Also agree with your thinking. This must be a very difficult time for Sarah.

This story brought a smile to my face this morning, she's a little girl who has won the hearts of the nation here in Ireland, and beyond it seems.

THE big-hearted Duchess of York has given brave leukaemia victim India Farmer a very special birthday present.

The little Sligo girl, who touched the nation's heart when the Irish Mirror appealed for a donor, received a doll and a birthday card from Fergie.

The Duchess was one of thousands of people who opened their hearts to India who was fighting for her life as she awaited a suitable bone marrow. Fergie was so touched by the little girl that she contacted India's mother, Joanna and offered to give her own marrow. She kept in touch with the family and has invited India to visit her and her daughters Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice at their home.

India, who celebrated her fifth birthday this week, has finally found the perfect marrow match after an agonising wait for her mum and dad, Blaise.

She goes back to St James' Hospital in Leeds later this month when she will have the life-saving transplant.

The past few months have been a nightmare for India and her parents who were dealt blow after blow as they waited for news of a compatible donor.

Now the Farmers' prayers have been answered with a donor set to give her the marrow she needs in a matter of weeks.

Medical experts hope the transplant will end her misery and add to India's joy at her special meeting with the royals.

What a lovely story about Sarah's kindness to this little girl, and the kind of thing that never gets mentioned in the British press - what a change from all the negative press she gets! And so good to hear that India has the donor she needs!

It is a lovely gesture, but how did it end up in the papers? Do you think the Farmer family called them when they are facing a life and death struggle for their daughter? Or do we think that maybe Sarah is seeking positive publicity?

(And yes, thank heavens a suitable donor has been found!)

Wasn't that separation 20 years ago this month? And Sarah is still giving the same tired quotes and telling the same tired stories and trying to make an entire life out of being a ex-royal in-law. It's just sad, really. The Queen should give her an allowance on the condition that she go to her mother's old ranch in Argentina and build a new, quiet life for herself there. How else can this possibly end for Sarah? If she were going to find a non-royal career or partner, presumably she could have done so over 20 years!

Iluvbertie said:
And as a result they royal family can't complain about anything she does - even if she embarasses the 4th, 5th and 6th in line to the throne further than she has done already.

It's up to an individual to see what Sarah does as an embarrassment to Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie. IMO she's only an embarrassment to herself.

I would say that selling access to her ex-husband was embarrasing to her ex-husband, her children and the royal family. When she does shows like the Oprah series she embarasses her family as well as herself - and by extension she embarasses the royal family because it is her association with that family that gives her any position in the world at all so any she says and does reflects on the royal family and they have to accept the negative stories that come about as a result.

She will always be a loose cannon because she has nothing else to sell except herself and thus to make any money at all she has to play on her relationships with the royal family. That is why she uses her daughters so often and is seen out with them - to sell herself and her family for profit.

That is embarrasing to the royal family but as they haven't cared in the past The Queen won't care in the future, nor will Charles or William and she will get worse over the next decade or two as she has nothing to lose.

I wonder where Sarah stands at the moment. My question: is there really an international search warrant for her?

Just found out that if you want an international search warrant issued by a UN member state to work really internationally, you need to get INTERPOL to issue a Red Notice for the accused. This means that the name and passport number gets connected to an alert and whenever worldwide an immigration officer enters the passport number or name into his computer, he or she is alerted to the fact that the person trying to enter the country is searched by police in a UN member country. Normal procedure then is to take the person in police custody till it is clear whether there will be extradition charges or not.

The standard procedure in this case is that in Turkey the prosecution needs to figure out if they really want to prosecute a person. If so, they apply to court for an (international if the person is a foreigner) arrest warrant.

That can take some time as the prosecution needs to check if they really want to spend a lot of money on the case. Because once the international arrest warrant is issued, all formalities for filing for an Interpol Red Notice are to be fulfilled. This takes time and money. To save this effort, the next step is in case you know about the state of residence of the person charged, the prosecution asks the foreign ministry to check into the possibility to get a direct extradition. As there is a extradition treaty between the UK and Turkey, the Turkish authorities send a formal request to their UK counterparts.

These checked into the charge and decided that they won't extradite Sarah because of the offence is not one prosecuted in the Uk.

Now Turkey can either accept that or go for an Interpol Red Notice. If they do that, it will take a bit of time but as Turkey is a member of the UN, Interpol would be forced to issue the alert in case Turkey is serious about it.

That would practically mean that Sarah cannot leave the Uk anymore, because in any other UN-member country with an extradition treaty with Turkey (and I guess most of them have one) she would be put into police custody till the authorities of said country checked if their treaty with Turkey means she could be extradited or not.

It is not often the case that a country asks for such a Red Notice - about 5000 a year worldwide.

I couldn't find any information if there is such a Red Notice already issued - as long as there is none, she is free to travel. But such things take time... We'll see.

Last edited:
An international search warrant? Is this to do with turkey? I haven't bothered to read any of that thread, too confusing.

:previous:

It does have to do with Sarah's undercover report from a Turkish orphanage.

I wonder where Sarah stands at the moment. My question: is there really an international search warrant for her?
An international arrest warrant has indeed been issued by the Turkish Ministry of Justice back in January. Immediately afterwards, Sarah cancelled her trip to the USA; the treaties between USA and Turkey - both NATO members - mean that Turkey could demand Sarah's extradition. Turkey is also part of the EU justice framework and has extradition treaties with many of the countries, meaning they could, under pressure, extradite her. The United Kingdom has refused to even consider a possible extradition because Sarah did not commit any offence under UK law.

In my opinion, the fuss created by Turkish Government hurts the country's image more than any documentary Sarah could come up with.

Last edited:
I reread the articles from January. But they were not clear on the point what happens if Sarah decides to travel.

So I checked and found out that the International arrest warrant is just the beginning. Next step is asking the country of residence for an extradition. This Turkey did. The UK refused.

But it doesn't mean that the International Arrest warrant is already in circulation. This happens with an Interpol Red Notice which does not automatically appear once there is a warrant. Turkey needs to apply for that and that means Turkey takes over the costs for any arrest and extradition process in a foreign country.

Only then Sarah cannot travel anymore. Okay, there are some countries that are known to make quick checks and allow you to travel on if the "crime" is not really one in this country and if you pay the fees (India eg.) but others like the US may refuse entrance or don't issue visa anymore.
Others would definately do an arrest and proceed with the extradition formalities...

The only hope Sarah has IMHO if Turkey is really serious about this (and they seem to be!) is to stay quietly in the UK and to hope that her ex-husband or her daughters find supporters for her who quietly will do something about this on the diplomatic front. And we all know that a situation like that takes time to resolve, especially if the people in charge profit from a person's need to live quietly in the countryside... :D

Whoa that is short! I don't think Sarah is dealing with her age. Why she keeps insisting on going out without makeup but dressing in short black dresses is beyond me. Unless someone told her she looked younger without makeup, in which case they lied! She looks even more washed out wearing all the dark colours and she is way past skirts/dresses that short!

Yikes! :eek: Joining in the chorus here to call for a longer skirt, please, Sarah!

Is this her new money management diet: no money on makeup by not wearing any and no money on clothes by borrowing from her two royal princesses daughter (I do believe the dress she wore would be more age-appropriate for Bea or Eugenie).

i probaly would have been the first in line to get this book, however, given the authors history...i am kind of wondering how her mental status is and if the book will be true or a made up memory created while waiting in jail.

It doesn't sound good for Sarah. The woman killed her ex boyfriend but if she has things to back up what she says then Sarah could be in trouble. Mental illness doesn't mean she is crazy either. Although it will give Sarah good grounds for deniability. No one may even choose to publish it because if she has such an unstable background it could be a very difficult thing to back or even promote. I did think Sarah got people who worked for her to sign confidentiality agreements so it could be she won't be able to write anything. I'm sure Sarah has lawyers and is looking into it.

It doesn't sound good for Sarah. The woman killed her ex boyfriend but if she has things to back up what she says then Sarah could be in trouble. Mental illness doesn't mean she is crazy either. Although it will give Sarah good grounds for deniability. No one may even choose to publish it because if she has such an unstable background it could be a very difficult thing to back or even promote. I did think Sarah got people who worked for her to sign confidentiality agreements so it could be she won't be able to write anything. I'm sure Sarah has lawyers and is looking into it.

My point is: if there is nothing to tell, she won't tell. If she tells the untruth, Sarah will deny it and press charges. That it something her former aide surely doesn't want because she could end up in jail again. But if there is really some "louche" new information which Sarah shared with somebody obviously untrustworthy, then it is her problem if the info reaches the public realm.

Just bad for her girls.

:previous:True and I'm sure the author needs the money, hence she is cashing in.

I would hope that any publishing company would try to at least verify what she says or else wouldn't they be up for libel? I'm sure after all her time in jail she does need the cash and she has had plenty of time to write it. Wouldn't she have signed a confidentiality agreement or is the fact she claims they were friends give her a loophole?

I would hope that any publishing company would try to at least verify what she says or else wouldn't they be up for libel? I'm sure after all her time in jail she does need the cash and she has had plenty of time to write it. Wouldn't she have signed a confidentiality agreement or is the fact she claims they were friends give her a loophole?
Paul Burrell was able to sell his trash and he also would have signed confidentiality agreements so I am sure Jane can find away to get hers into the bookstores as well.

Is there really anything left to say?
I can't think of anything considerably worse than the stuff that has already been revealed. It might just be more of the same, in which case I doubt the story will sell many copies.

The bit about sharing lovers seems tailor made for the DM, and no doubt Sarah made some unguarded comments about Diana and other members of the BRF to pad a book with even if there is really nothing new to tell about Sarahs louche life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom