Royals’ interest in Ballet & Dance

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elly C

Heir Apparent
City
Kingsbridge
Country
United Kingdom
I’m starting a thread that combines two interests of mine.
A recent news article which I was about to post on Queen Camilla’s current event thread made me stop and think it would be good to bring together various royals participation and interest in the ballet and dance world.
Here’s the recent Queen Camilla news item:-
The Queen has long been a keen balletomane and this appointment will fit her like a glove.

Princess Caroline is another balletomane. There’s many pics of her as a young girl taking ballet classes and she is now Patron of Les Ballet de Monte Carlo.

Apart from pics of royals current and past attending the ballet ( often as part of a special celebration within a royal family or for an official visit), I thought we could share other items such as the discussion a few years ago surrounding the news that Prince George was taking ballet lessons.

Princess Diana was another royal who both participated in and enjoyed ballet

Some other royals attending the ballet:-
Maxima at Netherlands Dance Theatre Queen Máxima visits Nederlands Dans Theater
The Danish Royals attend the Nutcracker Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark take their twins, 11, to dazzling premiere of The Nutcracker
The Spanish Royal Ladies attend the ballet in Mallorca Queen Letizia of Spain looks majestic in Mallorca

Well enough links from me. Hope there’s others here who will share my interest.

Princess Beatrice attended performance by English National School . Beatrice is their patron.

Princess Margaret with Rudolf Nureyev in March 1968 at the newly opened Royal Academy of Dancing building in Knightsbridge.
Getty Images

Back
Top Bottom