Royal Rings - all types

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone have a picture of Princess Margaret's ring?I read it was a ruby.

I think Victoria's ring is too simple, but if she loves it then that is all that matters.

Thank you for the picture.It's okay,Im not really a fan of it.

Hi,Im new here.

Here are my top 10 favorite rings:

10.Diana of Orleans
9.Clodite
8.Madeline
7.Sarah,Duchess of York
6.Countess Alexandra of Denmark
5.Victoria
4.Sophie
3.Diana
2.Grace
1.Elizabeth II

Glad to be here!

1. 2. Sophie Rhys Jones engagement ring

3. Could this be Queen Silvias Engagement Ring?

4. Princess Märtha Louise & Ari Behn
The engagement rings for the couple have been designed by Behn's grandfather. They have matching rings of white gold with lillies formed by diamonds. Princess Märtha Louise's ring has an extra touch, two hearts made of rubies.

5. HRH Princess Anne's Engagement Ring

6. The diamond engagement ring of the late Iranian Princess Soraya
The ring, which was given to the princess by the Shah of Iran in 1950, is made of a 22.37 carat diamond

7. Princess Mathilde's engagement ring.

8. 9. Infanta Elena Engagement Ring

10. Duchess Sophie of Bavaria

11. Princess Alexandra of Denmark

Duchess Sophie's ring looks exactly like Princess Anne's.Are you sure there not mistaken?

I am just in love with that silver and blue ring with the ring of diamonds that prince Charles gave to Diana and that prince William gave to Kate. Ever since the royal wedding is has been replicated all over :)

If it is the same ring, I think it's a wonderful sentiment, both on the part of the Queen, but Victoria also. I actually have my grandmother's and my husband's grandmother's rings and they mean the world to me. :flowers:
I have read somewhere that Silvia's engagement ring once belonged to the King's mother Princess Sibylla. It would be a wonderful honor to be able to wear a ring that at least three generations of women have worn.

The rings don't look the same at all so I highly doubt Victoria is wearing her mothers.

Silvia's ring looks a little bigger than Victoria's

I don't think think Silvia gave her engagement ring to Victoria. It doesn't make sense: Daniel went to Queen Silvia and proposed to Victoria with the ring of his future mother-in-law?

I don't think think Silvia gave her engagement ring to Victoria. It doesn't make sense: Daniel went to Queen Silvia and proposed to Victoria with the ring of his future mother-in-law?
In their engagement interview, Victoria said that she told Daniel she always wanted a ring that was like her mother's and she wanted to be proposed to in Sweden. Daniel went on to say that the ring was designed and purchased somewhere outside of Sweden.

Does anyone have a close-up photo of the wedding bands of Princess Charlene and Prince Albert?

Of the engagement rings, for me, Grace takes first place and Marie last place. Does Marie wear her engagement ring often? What was Joachim thinking?

^Yes she does wear it often.She does look happy wearing it!

All that matters is that Marie likes her engagement ring, I guess! Perhaps I would like it more if the stones looked as though they been set and not stuck on the ring.

Looking at the first photo, I see that princess Mary's engagement ring is smaller than I thought. The stones are small considering that it's the engagement ring of a crown princess.

I totally agree - my engagement ring is a lot like Letizia's with the row of diamonds - I have never really liked solitaire diamond rings but I liked the idea of the diamonds across the band and it has proved to be a lot more practical in day to day wear than a larger solitaire would have been.

Yeah, I agree with you. Letizia's ring is very beautiful.

The people should know in Spain is not tradition to give the bride an engagement ring.

I have one question: Why does princess Letizia wear her wedding ring on her right hand?? Usually it's on the left one. Does someone know about that,??

I don't know if you already had your answer but it's really simple, this is because Spanish people (with the exception of Catalonia) wear the wedding ring on the right hand :). In the wedding, Prince Felipe had his on the right hand but he changed it, I don't know why.

Signet rings

The Prince of Wales is famous for wearing his signet ring. Do any other royals (men or women) wear signet rings normally? I know he gave a copy of his to Diana at some point, but I don't remember seeing pictures of her wearing it often.

I believe both Andrew and Edward wear theirs as well. Edward wears his wedding ring under his signet ring.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: British Engagement Rings, Part 1

My favorite here has got to be Queen Elizabeth's! It's so classic, timeless, and beautiful. Would love to have a ring like this. Other favorites of mine are the rings of, Diana/Catherine, Sophie, Sarah and Anne's (first ring). The rings of Zara, Autumn, Camilla and Anne's second ring don't impress me. Would love to see better photos of the Queen Mother's rings, they look beautiful.

Last edited:
I believe both Andrew and Edward wear theirs as well. Edward wears his wedding ring under his signet ring.

Andrew no longer wears his but Edward does, along with his wedding band under his signet ring.

I love the British engagement rings, they are all lovely. In fact I love ALL engagement rings...I want one! (Specifically, I want Queen Elizabeth's of the Countess of Wessex's ring. I mean Sophie doesn't wear hers anymore so I could have it...)

Sophie ring + Sopjhie ring

Sophie wears that ring more much more, which I assume was an anniversary gift as she has been seen wearing it since their anniversary in June 2012. It's pretty.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom