Royal Ladies of Luxembourg Fashion and Style Part 4: May 2019 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure why this would be wrong for today. They threw the dress code out of the window so this is perfectly fine for a day outfit. The people sitting behind her will be thankful that she is not wearing a hat.

I am not sure why this would be wrong for today. They threw the dress code out of the window so this is perfectly fine for a day outfit. The people sitting behind her will be thankful that she is not wearing a hat.
Because is a trousers suit, and if I'm correct no-one other royal lady worn trousers. And it does not suit her toi much.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

It's just another example of GDMT trying to show how cool and trendy she has become .The suit was fine for any other occasion but not for a Coronation.

Irs just more of the usual firom the GD!

Last edited:
I’m not a fan of HGD Stephanie’s outfits, but this time I wished she were at the Coronation instead of MT.

It may be that the Grand Duchess has problems with her legs and wishes to keep them covered- not unusual for a lady of her age who has borne a large family

I like the suit. Would I have preferred that she'd worn a dress? Yes. But the color looks nice though

I love the coat. Very nice and colorful for the summer. I don't like the shoes though

It may be that the Grand Duchess has problems with her legs and wishes to keep them covered- not unusual for a lady of her age who has borne a large family

Maria Teresa has had several surgeries over the years on her legs. (For example, 2019 knee surgery right before the Belgium state visit.) If you see videos of her walking, she limps a bit. I've been wondering if she has to wear a leg brace of some sort. Thus, the need for pants at both Alexandra's wedding events and both Charles III coronation appearances.

That said, I don't like what she wore to Charles' coronation day at all nor to Alexandra's church wedding.

Maybe she is having issues on her legs and she wants to hide her legs with trousers, however the trousers are not the most problematic elements of most of her outfits, IMO the most terrible part always is the upper part, e.g. the giant bath sponge from her daughter's wedding, the random overly lengthy fabric hanging from her jacket from the coronation.

Whatever MT wears she tries to elongate her body so she appears taller. The clothes are nice but not always the correct style, pattern for her. MT uses odd accents to draw attention way from how tall she is and usually that is a Big miss. MT appears to be strong willed so I don’t know if she would accept the help of a ‘dresser’. Sigh. MT has worn some very nice outfits in the past, she should rewear some of the ‘hits’. This a miss…a see a blanket of flowers. A different coat color and style would be better.

I remember the Funerals of Queen Fabiola. As I was so early I went to the Toilets who are in front of the Cathedral. I saw the Royal Chairs and one Seat. This was for Grand Duchess Maria Theresa.

Maria Teresa has had several surgeries over the years on her legs. (For example, 2019 knee surgery right before the Belgium state visit.) If you see videos of her walking, she limps a bit. I've been wondering if she has to wear a leg brace of some sort. Thus, the need for pants at both Alexandra's wedding events and both Charles III coronation appearances.

That said, I don't like what she wore to Charles' coronation day at all nor to Alexandra's church wedding.

I don’t mind MT wearing pants, it is the jacket or blazer she wears with the strange patterns sometimes just do not mix with the body type. The big flower on the dress at her daughters wedding was a big distraction.

Here's a decent, occasion-appropriate outfit with trousers from MT.

My only complaint towards Claire's outfit is the wrinkle of the trousers, the rest is nice.

I am surprised that both MT and Claire chose to wear slacks but they both look great, particularly MT. Her blouse is simply perfect, so elegant.

I agree with the poster who said Claire should have chosen slacks with a wrinkle resistant fabric.

I like her new hair style (at least it looks new to me) with the soft sweep over the forehead. Much more becoming that the harsh slicked back style.

Claire’s outfits lately really don’t fit well. The pants and jacket are ill fitting and wrinkled, plus she looks like she is going on a cruise

Only Heditary Grand Duchess Stephanie was dressed correctly for Luxembourg most important Catholic Event .

The Grand Duchess looks amazing. One of her best and most flattering looks. However, not for this occasion.

Princess Claire looks like she's going to spend the day on yacht. She was the worse offender in my opinion. Is there no one that checks there outfits to deem them appropriate or not?

I like MT's outfit for the Octave. I thought it was appropriate.

I do agree that Claire should have chosen a different fabric for pants. Otherwise, she looked great.

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa attended the Architecture Biennale in Venice, Italy, today, May 18:

Nice light colours and all works and the footwear in keeping with the new image also!

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa attended events at the Cannes Film Festival yesterday, May 20, look 1 was terrible as to the slightly transparent print top, look 2 was nice:

** Look 1 ** Look 1 ** Look 2 ** Look 2 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom