Queen Sonja's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2004 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Different! :D Her hair looks nice.

It does look like a plate has been turned upside down on her head. ;)

This State Visit is quite a recycling show by the Queen so far...

Today Queen Sonja first decided to wear a yellow suit and a white hat
Hat
Suit
anp

Later she recycled another 10 years old outfit - blue/white polka-dots suit and matching hat
Full Length view
Hat
Shoes

Let's see which dress she'll recycle tonight. ;)

I don't like the white hat, but the suit looks okay.
The hate in the second outfit looks very classic but the outfit confuses my eyes.
I like her gala dress, but it looks very boring.

I wish she would wear something new.

I don't find the light blue gown flattering or pretty, unfortunately. But the recent blue/white outfit looks very modern and quite nice IMO.

Norway's royal family, King Harald and Queen Sonja arrive, followed by Prince Haakon and wife Crown Princess Mette-Marit at the Eric Ericcson Hall of Skeppsholen in Stockholm on June 18, 2010 prior to a gala dinner presesented by the local government.

Outfit

I like Q.Sonja's pearls but I don't care for this dress. It isn't ugly, it isn't beautiful either. JMO

For me it was awful, not pretty at all. But yes the pearls are great.

Wow, I agree with Melibea - awful outfit. Don't see anything I like about it!

I agree, the yellow is pretty bad - the way the top and skirt meet is so awkward and shapeless.

I believe this is the dress worn at Margrethe's birthday and I don't mind it.

The one she wore to Margrethe's party had a lot more ruffles, making her look like a wedding cake. It was similar to this one with, also yellow with lots of lace, so it's possible it was altered into this.

I have to agree with the previous opinions. I don't like the dress and I don't know what I dislike more - top part or skirt. Nevertheless lovely pearls.

I wish the bottom of the dress and the shawl weren't in that style, if it had just been "straight" instead of folded like that it would have been beautiful.
The top part of the dress looks beautiful, and the colour suits her.

Wait.... the salmon-dress for Victoria's wedding??? I was hoping for a NEW dress. How old is that dress? 10 years? :whistling:

Last edited:
Quite disappointing once again... I don't know, she simply can't get it right lately. The emeralds look stunning though. ;)

I'm always hoping for a new one, too, but this is one of my favorites of her old ones. I like the color, the texture, and the cape. It's actually 18 years old (which I admit is sort of ridiculous) - she first wore it for Margrethe and Henrik's 25th anniversary in 1992!

Nice dress and color. The emeralds don't look right with the coral color.

I didn't like it. The color was too 'acrid' and overall the dress looked too old fashioned to me. Too bad - she's a really beautiful woman, but her fashion choices are rather odd.

Not my favorite of her dresses. I hate the sleeves.

Wait.... the salmon-dress for Victoria's wedding??? I was hoping for a NEW dress. How old is that dress? 10 years? :whistling:

It's much older. She wore it already at the Silver Wedding of Queen Margrethe II. and Prince Henrike in 1992. And i believe also to an State Visit to Sweden (or from Sweden to Norway) in the early 1990's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom