Queen Silvia's 70th Birthday: December 23, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Photos
Prinsessan är sängliggande i förkylning Nyheter Aftonbladet

Drottningens firande är igång! Hovbloggen

"Princess Madeleine turns down Queen Silvia's birthday celebration"
Madeleine and Chris didn't attend at today's reception since Madeleine had cold. Tomorrow evening will be the show "An Evening for our queen" for Silvia's honor at Oscarsteatern, but it is currently unclear whether Madeleine will attend.
How the court plans to celebrate Silvia privately they don´t want to go into.
- The family keeps it for themselves. She will celebrate with family, friends and travellers from Europe. The Queen has relatives in Europe, they are those who will come, says Annika Sönnerberg.
Prinsessan Madeleine nobbar drottning Silvias födelsedagsfirande Stoppa Pressarna

Video from today
Drottning Silvia firades på slottet SVT Play

Big gallery
IBL Bildbyrå

Last edited:
Queen Silvia looks wonderful in her festive red outfit. How difficult for Madeliene to be sick and how when you are sick some people don't believe you. It is very easy to catch germs on flights and awful to be pregnant and sick as you can't take anything. Hopefully Silvia will have a nice birthday amist all of the relatives coming in from afar.

Expressen's royal reporter Johan T Lindwall was interviewed at yesterday's Expressen Primetime. Lindwall criticized quite heavily Chris for not attending at the reception, it could have been easy for him to walk the 800 meters from the Royal Mews to the Palace. Chris is a charismatic and social person, said Lindwall. Lindwall said that of course Chris could just blow off the whole reception. But Lindwall said also that he doesn't believe that Chris is in Sweden at all. He could be coming later. Lindwall was asked why the court would hide this? Lindwall said that it is odd. Of course it may be that Madeleine was so sick that she wanted Chris to stay with her, but the Palace is so close and the reception took so little time, he should have attended because it was an official celebration for his mother-in-law.
Lindwall had also criticized Chris last week for not attending at the Nobel Prize celebration since Madeleine cancelled. Chris could have represented the family and flown to Stockholm instead of Madeleine. He is married to the Princess of Sweden.

Last edited:
Chris was with Madde in Vienna (his family lives there - why would she go there without him), why wouldn't he now be in Sweden with her. Not going to reception just fits in with Chris' attidude, he didnt want to be a prince, swedish citizen etc thus doesnt want to be seen at royal functions as he doesnt consider himself 'royal' but a private citizen. Which is fine, but it heavily clashes with Madeleines supposed duty as swedish princess. It wont work out well if one partner doesnt want to have anything to do with the royal stuff, the other is obliged to do the royal stuff but tries to duck and dive to please hubby and try to be a princess who is as private as possible.

At what time will the concert start tonight?
Can we expect jewels and evening gowns?

it was once reported that the westlings and the oneills would be present at tonights event, has this been confirmed?

At what time will the concert start tonight?
Can we expect jewels and evening gowns?

The concert starts at 20.00. This isn't an invitation event like the concert for the king's 40th jubilee, most of the tickets have been on sale. A new foundation, H.M. Queen Silvia's Care About the Children Foundation, will be handed over to The Queen at the tribute performance. No mention about the dress code of the royal family at the swedish press.

Last edited:
it was once reported that the westlings and the oneills would be invited to tonights event, has this been confirmed?

I have read that Eva O'Neill has been invited to the queen's private birthday party on 23rd, but not that she or the Westlings would have been invited today.

The concert starts at 20.00. This isn't an invitation event like the concert for the king's 40th jubilee, most of the tickets have been on sale. A new foundation, H.M. Queen Silvia's Care About the Children Foundation, will be handed over to The Queen at the tribute performance. No mention about the dress code of the royal family at the swedish press.

Any live stream?:flowers:

Any live stream?:flowers:

tonights concert wont be broadcasted live, however, it will air on the 23rd December, the day of The Queens birthday, nevertheless , im sure expressen and aftonbladet will have a live stream showing the arrivals

tonights concert wont be broadcasted live, however, it will air on the 23rd December, the day of The Queens birthday, nevertheless , im sure expressen and aftonbladet will have a live stream showing the arrivals

Where can we see the arrivals? Can you just find it on the websites of Aftonbladet and Expressen?

Where can we see the arrivals? Can you just find it on the websites of Aftonbladet and Expressen?

yep if you go on their websites at about 7:45 you'll probably find them .........its not certain if they will, but they usually do on these big royal events....ill try to post the links if they do :)

Expressen's live-TV is outside Oscarsteatern. The people are arriving. Photos here too
http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/stor-gala-i-dag-infor-silvias-70-arsdag/

Expressen's reporter is lousy, she didn't recognize the Marshal of the Realm Svante Lindqvist, who just arrived. And she didn't recognize the Mistress of the Robes, Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister.

All people should be at their places at 19.45.

Madeleine's best friend Louise Gottlieb with her new boyfriend.
http://media.shootitlive.com/3vcfduXAgKU8nqhBI1fgcRNgfHl/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1268
Victoria's good friend Andrea Engsäll
http://media.shootitlive.com/PwUobXw6sD4jD5kIzPwOKv30LKb/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1268

Princess Christina with Tord Magnuson and princess Désirée.
http://media.shootitlive.com/RTWX4NlQv0n204HmGly4zuCXZoC/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1268
Patrick Sommerlath with his wife.
http://media.shootitlive.com/S7qxXMKscmbLRyfQGCim8EJkAj2/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1268
Sofia Hellqvist was interviewed, with her tattoo
http://media.shootitlive.com/E9Xo3M10IDfvNkkvACQDbkQemzo/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1268
http://media.shootitlive.com/BkJuFODCQwZjFT0z6rOBqt6RWTZ/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1268

Last edited:
The Queen wears a red glittering dress.
Victoria wears a hairy white thing, can't really say what it is.
Madeleine wears a blue gown with a few black accents on it.
They just arrived.

It's great to see everybody come together to help celebrate Queen Silvia's birthday.

Why didn't Daniel walk next to Victoria when they arrived?
It looked if he wasn't there, but he is, as the group pictures show us.
The thing Victoria is wearing looks strange IMO.

Why didn't Daniel walk next to Victoria when they arrived?
It looked if he wasn't there, but he is, as the group pictures show us.
The thing Victoria is wearing looks strange IMO.

To me it seemed that they were all in a hurry and wanted to get in as quick as possible, Victoria was just so fast and Daniel probably came out from other side of car as Victoria.
Something is really wrong, Sofia was allowed to come just before the king and queen, even after princesses Christina and Désirée. Or maybe they arrived at the same car but the princesses don't give interviews and Sofia remained to give interviews, nothing like that was ever allowed for Daniel, Emma or Jonas.

Last edited:
Glad to see Madde is feeling a bit better, the all look great (and if the rumours are true, maybe in a couple of weeks time there will be an explanation for Victoria's outfit ;)

Glad to see Madde is feeling a bit better, the all look great (and if the rumours are true, maybe in a couple of weeks time there will be an explanation for Victoria's outfit ;)

Yeah, that's what I thought as well.
Victoria's hairy....thing...is perfect to hide 'something'.

Isn't the queen's dress recycled, it is ugly anyway. Of all her dresses she chose this...
Victoria has a great hairdo, and I like this overcoat quite much but hoping to see her dress. Nice to see something different on her.
Madeleine looks what I expected: lace and hair down as always in big parties.

Sofia to Expressen about the queen:
She has from the day one welcomed me, she is a really great person. I have always felt welcome to the family.
So she wanted to stress out to the media that she is one of the family.

Expressen's reporter Johan T Lindwall reports from the Theater: Louise Gottlieb's new boyfriend is Ludwig Blomqvist, they have been together for 5 months. Stephanie af Klercker left Ludwig Blomqvist when she fell in love with Jonas Bergström. So, really small circles.

Lindwall about the program:
Lena Philipson knocked all with her imitation of the Queen. With a new version of Snaps "I've got the power", she made a number that got everyone clapping in rhythm, and cheer.

Last edited:
Lady Finn:
Many Thank You's for all the wonderful pictures, I so want to go to Sweden and see this wonderful place. I just love and admire Victoria and Daniel and their daughter, she is going to be one very strong Viking Queen someday.

Oh how I wish SH would just keep her mouth shut when the media is around...what is wrong with this person? Courting the media will not win you friends in the long run but make enemies, she knows nothing about being a royal that is for sure. Please go away and find another rich man...............

Back
Top Bottom