Queen Rania's Hats, Headwear and Hairstyles: May 2005 - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
April 2000 - State visit to Norway

2000 Portraits

November 11, 2000 Rania's hair without all the hightlights

Hair pulled back

August 20, 2000

December 17, 2000

you're welcome

Rania's hair in a bun, December 1999

up-do, London, 2000
I think this is the darkest I've seen Rania's hair

Last edited:
Rania's hair in lots of layers
December 10, 2003

beautiful job humera
I like the simplcity of her hair style

Various pics from 2004

1. April 7 - Dubai
2. May 15
3. June 28
4-5. July 5
6. November 1

March 21, 2004 - I love how this hairstyle looks from the back

March 16-17, 2004 - State visit to Turkey. Rania's ponytails often seem to have been tied with her own hair, or atleast it appears that way.

Last edited:
Rania in Paris, November 2004. I thought her hair looked particularly healthy during the last few months of her pregnancy.

November 2004 - London

1-2. March 11, 2003 - Paris
3-4. June 12, 2003

October 1, 2003 - Paris

Last edited:
Like always, simple wonderful. Thanks Humera, again!

orinoks said:
http://66.221.196.217/rania.htm
To start with, I adore Rania, her style and beauty - and for all her intelligence and charisma. I would like to adopt her hairstyle - but though all my efforts, I can not get this volume.
I'm wondering, if she's wearing a hair extensions (from natural hair), as the contrast between some of her own photos is really great?

I think the same,rania may use some hair extensions,I noticed a huge difference between some pictures,between pic 1&2 only few days,and the last one a month later,how comes that rania in the pic 2 has a lot and long hair and just few days before,it was thinner and shorter,you can see in the pic 3 that she lacks some hair ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
which pictures are you talking about Monalisa?
The ones from the link posted by orinoks?

~*~Humera~*~ said:
which pictures are you talking about Monalisa?
The ones from the link posted by orinoks?

No,others 1-from WEF,2-from her visit the US one week later,and 3-last week,I've posted them but it have been deleeted by Alexadria according to the new rules of pictures posting.

oh okay. Would you mind posting them again? otherwise we cant see what you mean. You can upload them in imageshack and post the links here.

i think the difference in hair volume is not due to extensions but because of the way she styles it...there are lots of ways to make the hair look fuller and because rania has access to the best stylists she certainly uses all the tips and tricks...also, i've read that pregnant women have thicker, fuller hair which would explain her gorgeous hair during pregnancy...

okay perhaps I can offer an explanation. Some pictures can be so misleading. When I saw the first pic from Rania's visit to the US i also thought that her hair looked very long. But if you look closely, its because she is slouching forward in the chair, which makes her hair look longer than it actually is.

But now look at other pics from the same day. She's standing straight and her hair looks shorter, and of normal length

Now, compare the two pics from 1. May 21, 2005 (WEF) and 2. May 31, 2005 (US). In the second pic, Rania's hair does not look longer. If anything, it looks slightly shorter because the ends have been curled.

Now for the ponytail. In the first pic, it looks like Rania's doesnt have as much hair in the front, near her temple. But in the second, you dont see her scalp at all. Its because in the first pic the hair is swept back and tied into a ponytail very tightly. The second hairstyle is very loose.

I think Rania suffers from the same problem as many people who have thin/straight hair, including myself. My hair is much thinner near my temples and If I sweep my hair back and tie it into a ponytail very tightly (something I only do at home:rolleyes: ), that only exaggerates the problem. But, usually i can easily hide it by sweeping my hair to the sides. I once complained to my hairstylist that I dont have as much hair and she said to me, no you have lots of hair, its just very straight and fine. Which is why I never go out of the house without blowdrying and styling my hair with some sort of volumizing product. And people comment on how voluminous my hair is ;).
And I never use hair extensions:rolleyes:

I understood what you mean Humera,but her hair in the visit to the US was curled,so you can understund that when you curl your hair they loose from their length,and not the opposit as it seems for rania,and i was comparing the pictures(1&2) from front view not profile,where they look shorter because rania's hair is cutted with a "dégradé",so it's not the same view that you are compring,it's normal that they look shorter in profile,and longer in front and back.

Again,as I said,comparing from the same view(front) you can see the huge difference even that they are a bit curled:)

As for the last picture from the last week I've posted,you can see that rania lacks some hair in the front:),and it's obvious because I guess that rania get some extensions in the occasion of her her visist to USA;)

Last edited:
Well hair extensions make hair look longer or add to fullness but they're not attached to the scalp so they can't make Rania's hair in the front and on her temples look fuller. I would agree with madonna that its all in the styling, as I mentioned from my own experience. Infact a few months ago I came across a website for a company that sells special hair products and it listed Queen Rania as their customer and that she used their volumizing product, I'll see if I can find the link to that site. Also during her US visit, Rania's hair was curled for most of the time and that adds lots of volume. And also there's no denying that her hair looked longer in the pic from the visit to the US because she was slouching forward. It looked much shorter when she was standing straight.

Last edited:
There are dozens of products on the market that "volumise" hair and make it seem thicker and fuller. Mporeover the way you style it has a huge effec. Blowdrying will obviously increase volume substantially, whilst straightening your hair using hair straightners tends to lead to a "thinner" look.

I just cant understand why there're so many excuses been made to explain that Rania doesnt use hair extensions.whats wrong with that?
if one is not satisfied with amount of her hair there's nothing wrong with using hair extensions.
as far as i know there's nothing natural in her face and body so it's like her to use the newest technics and methods to look better.
everyday washing hair,blowdrying,dying and highlighting,using conditioners,gels and fixators,curling irons+each pregnancy and delivery will result in loosing so much of hair during time,she's done all that to her hair for so long and rather everyday,so it's expected to loose a bit or so much(based on her genetic)of her hair.

Last edited:
no one's making excuses. But sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one. There is a tendency among many members on this forum to attribute a pretty woman's appearance to plastic surgery, botox, or some other sort of artificial methods. Its okay to say that when it is obvious but jumping to such conclusions everytime is rather annoying. Either some members resort to such explanations because they cant believe someone can be that naturally beautiful, or its some other reason.
Like I said, I have straight thin hair myself and I style, blowdry it all the time. It is very easy these days to obtain good products that can solve the problem of limp hair without damaging it.
And I dont see cute_girl how you can claim that Rania or all women who get pregnant lose lots of hair. Its one thing to mention it as something that happens to some women, but you cant say for sure if it happens to Rania or any other woman you dont know. No woman in my family ever lost hair during pregnancy. Infact when my mom was pregnant with me, her hair became absolutely luscious and gorgeous, it was shiny, very wavy, and thick. And I dont have just my mom's word on it, I've seen pictures.That same thing seems to have happened to Rania during her last pregnancy. Infact a lot of members exclaimed that her hair was looking healthier during her pregnancy.
So it would be wrong to lump all pregnant women together. Every woman goes through different experiences based on her own unique physiology, some might lose hair, others' hair might get curlier, some women's hair colour changes etc.

Some pictures now to get away from this tiresome discussion

February 8, 2003 Germany
This style is something different for Rania. The hair is basically the same length with sharp ends. The colour of the hair is quite different as well.

2002 in Dubai. I find this style so feminine. Rania's hair looks like velvet in those chunky, wavy curls. Though I have short hair im thinking of trying this look myself. I already have a few glossy serums in mind that I'm thinking of buying to achieve the look. I'd love to see this style on Rania again.

There is a tendency among many members on this forum to attribute a pretty woman's appearance to plastic surgery, botox, or some other sort of artificial methods.Either some members resort to such explanations because they cant believe someone can be that naturally beautiful, or its some other reason.
you're right,I can never believe that this woman is naturally beautiful.and actually who'd believe or ever accept?:D

pix posted by Monalisa.
if it's not plastic surgery or botox or so...what has made her beauty??????
its some other reason
I just hope you dont mean that nasty reason some members had said previously,I mean jealousy.
Like I said, I have straight thin hair myself and I style, blowdry it all the time. It is very easy these days to obtain good products that can solve the problem of limp hair without damaging it.
what I said about those products or performances causing damage to hair is what's written in rather all dermatology texts books.never rely on advertisments of these products,I can assure you that hair will be damaged during time.it's only a myth that some products will save your hair,they can help a little but If you're potential of loosing your hair,you will loose.
how you can claim that Rania or all women who get pregnant lose lots of hair
where in post you saw me saying that thing?
members exclaimed that her hair was looking healthier during her pregnancy.
it's because she used hair extensions more often during her pregnancy.
So it would be wrong to lump all pregnant women together. Every woman goes through different experiences based on her own unique physiology, some might lose hair, others' hair might get curlier, some women's hair colour changes etc
in my post I explained that it depends on her genetic basis to loose a bit or much of her hair.
still I think there's nothing wrong with hair extensions,plastic surgeries,skin care and....of course she cant attend galas or official visits with bad or untidy hair.when there're methods and procedures to make yourself prettier why not to try them?

Last edited:
cute_girl,
do you have any credible sources for those photos? Apart from the same old internet forums that those pictures make the rounds of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom